TRAINING: Wednesday 1st February 2023

Demonland

If I was in charge of this club I would be asking all and sundry why a fan hosted website such as Demonland gets infinitely more traffic than the official club site. The forum is important, but it is also the best place to get the latest information.

I know I always come here first if I want to know anything related to the club, and the official site is almost a last resort.

I'm sure the club's sponsors, who have paid good money to have their logos plastered all over the place, would prefer that the club site was the first place people went for accurate, timely information regarding the club.

• Like 17
  • Clap 2

19 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

This really is very disappointing. I understand last minute changes, but it's not like they didn't know early enough to inform the players. If they can inform the players they can surely post a message on social media at the same time.

There are literally a million 20 something year olds who are dominating social media right now.
How hard would it be to hire someone to really get that side of the club up and running properly? Hell I am sure you could find some mad Dees fans who would even do it on the cheap or in return for some inside access to the club.

I would do it for free.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Clap 6

For those that went to Gosch's Paddock, were there any signs of media in attendance? It could be embarrassing for the club if the media turned up. 

Conversely, if the media didn't go, is that because the club thought to tell the media but forgot to tell its own supporters? That's unforgivable and something for which the club should be held to account.

• Like 4
  • Angry 1

22 minutes ago, poita said:

If I was in charge of this club I would be asking all and sundry why a fan hosted website such as Demonland gets infinitely more traffic than the official club site. The forum is important, but it is also the best place to get the latest information.

I know I always come here first if I want to know anything related to the club, and the official site is almost a last resort.

I'm sure the club's sponsors, who have paid good money to have their logos plastered all over the place, would prefer that the club site was the first place people went for accurate, timely information regarding the club.

I do not know whether this statement is true and would have no way of knowing.

• Thanks 1

Perhaps they are inspecting our new home!!!!!
Jokes aside it is poor, we have a long way to go when it comes to communication.

Lucky for me I seriously considered going this morning but Mrs OD had a job for me this morning. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Matt Demon said:

I'm going to contact the club  it's  just not good enough. I spent money on putting my daughter into before school care specifically so we could get into town early, then paid for an adult & child to travel from Carrum to Richmond and back, Petrol money from Balnarring to Carrum, 4 hours of wasted time. I'll be asking for a decent voucher from the Demon Shop.

Good on ya, please report your findings , pity others with influence doesn’t do the same..

1 minute ago, Demonland said:

I do not know whether this statement is true and would have no way of knowing.

The only time I go to the club site is for this type of info. The rest is just club propaganda. If you want differing points of view stay here even when you don’t agree. I cannot imagine a footy world without Demonland.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

For those that went to Gosch's Paddock, were there any signs of media in attendance? It could be embarrassing for the club if the media turned up. 

No media at Gosch's, though they were over at the glasshouse (Collingwood). 

Edited by kev martin
  • Thanks 1

Training report:

The sun was out at Gosh’s Paddock this morning, and a few keen track watchers were ready to report in.  The ground was in magnificent condition, and as the Melbourne Rebels finished off their training run, hitting the bags, doing agility work, line out practice and fast ball movement the scene was set.. for the biggest let down since last year’s straight sets exit.

After relaxing in the sun for an additional half an hour I was wondering “Well, where are you lads?”.  Checking in on the DL site showed me that I was to be as disappointed as a Cats supporter without red hair and an overbite.  OK, so onto the bus and head back to el rancho nekkid.

I hope the powers that be are pleased with themselves - here was my one chance to skive off and do a report for DL, and get a selfie with Mrs Nekkid’s favourite, Big Maxy Gawn.

I was not put out as many but still, this mob work as well as our forward line did last year.

I hope someone made it down to Casey and there will be something to enjoy after that joyful outing…..

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

Well one could have a dedicated phone line with training times and changes to training times that way you can ring before going...

I have no problem with them changing venues, the training times page warns of just that. A simple post on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram would have prevented some disappointment amongst some little and bigger kids (me and a few other Demonlanders).

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Demonland said:

I have no problem with them changing venues, the training times page warns of just that. A simple post on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram would have prevented some disappointment amongst some little and bigger kids (me and a few other Demonlanders).

How long would that take Demonland?  Perhaps it's too difficult.

24 minutes ago, Demonland said:

I would do it for free.

3 minutes ago, buck_nekkid said:

Training report:

The sun was out at Gosh’s Paddock this morning, and a few keen track watchers were ready to report in.  The ground was in magnificent condition, and as the Melbourne Rebels finished off their training run, hitting the bags, doing agility work, line out practice and fast ball movement the scene was set.. for the biggest let down since last year’s straight sets exit.

After relaxing in the sun for an additional half an hour I was wondering “Well, where are you lads?”.  Checking in on the DL site showed me that I was to be as disappointed as a Cats supporter without red hair and an overbite.  OK, so onto the bus and head back to el rancho nekkid.

I hope the powers that be are pleased with themselves - here was my one chance to skive off and do a report for DL, and get a selfie with Mrs Nekkid’s favourite, Big Maxy Gawn.

I was not put out as many but still, this mob work as well as our forward line did last year.

I hope someone made it down to Casey and there will be something to enjoy after that joyful outing…..

Andy, good on ya, and you would do an excellent job.I took the issues up with Leigh Newton, Ryan Larkin , Jennifer Watts many years ago without success..These issues re train8ng times and where?,new player  reviews, photos, re heads of new players on players web page got me no where….I strongly suggest, your colleagues, such as WJ, George, Binman etc need to write to Pert with acc.to Libby Blampied, GM of Marketing may get us somewhere…..but totally understand the frustrations of many….it is quite pathetic.I understand if indeed it is a closed session, Why no notification, but one would think the club would indeed enjoy us going to training.One can see why, Geelong, Collingwood, Hawks etc enjoy being a strong club, but Melbourne? Andy, thank you for your effort , anyhow.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jayceebee31 said:

Andy, good on ya, and you would do an excellent job.I took the issues up with Leigh Newton, Ryan Larkin , Jennifer Watts many years ago without success..These issues re train8ng times and where?,new player  reviews, photos, re heads of new players on players web page got me no where….I strongly suggest, your colleagues, such as WJ, George, Binman etc need to write to Pert with acc.to Libby Blampied, GM of Marketing may get us somewhere…..but totally understand the frustrations of many….it is quite pathetic.I understand if indeed it is a closed session, Why no notification, but one would think the club would indeed enjoy us going to training.One can see why, Geelong, Collingwood, Hawks etc enjoy being a strong club, but Melbourne? Andy, thank you for your effort , anyhow.

With Benny Gibson going - I say bring back Matt Burgun,

• Like 1