Jump to content

  • Podcast: Jason Taylor Interview  

  • Podcast: Jason Taylor Interview 

GAMEDAY: AFLW GRAND FINAL


Demonland
 Share


Recommended Posts

SAVE THE DATE (and time)!!!

This Saturday morning at 9am-1pm

At Gosch’s 

Details to follow. But one thing’s for sure… death, taxes and a DeeArmy BBQ  🙃

Just waiting to hear from the Club as to the happy-haps but it’s gonna be a celebration (especially for fans who couldn’t attend the GF) similar to December 5th 2021 at the ‘G. Not as big, but just as much fun!

Apparently even the players don’t know  about this yet. But the girls being the girls they’ll be absolutely delighted to be there. The B&F is on that evening so it’s gonna be a saturation of Dees-ness!!! 🏆❤️💙🏆

PLEASE, PLEASE try to come on Saturday morning! Not to [censored]-can our Men, but you’ve no idea how bloody grateful the girls always are to see all the love and support from fans. They have so much time for us it’s not funny. Fun? yes! Funny? no. Well, funny sometimes: the girls are such a hoot.

😁 You never know, you might get a pic with say, Edo for example, then she might take her Premiership medal off and put it on you for another happy snap! Random scenario, I know. But stranger things have happened. 😉 

JUST BE THERE!!!!

  • Like 3
  • Love 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

SAVE THE DATE (and time)!!!

This Saturday morning at 9am-1pm

At Gosch’s 

Details to follow. But one thing’s for sure… death, taxes and a DeeArmy BBQ  🙃

Just waiting to hear from the Club as to the happy-haps but it’s gonna be a celebration (especially for fans who couldn’t attend the GF) similar to December 5th 2021 at the ‘G. Not as big, but just as much fun!

Apparently even the players don’t know  about this yet. But the girls being the girls they’ll be absolutely delighted to be there. The B&F is on that evening so it’s gonna be a saturation of Dees-ness!!! 🏆❤️💙🏆

PLEASE, PLEASE try to come on Saturday morning! Not to [censored]-can our Men, but you’ve no idea how bloody grateful the girls always are to see all the love and support from fans. They have so much time for us it’s not funny. Fun? yes! Funny? no. Well, funny sometimes: the girls are such a hoot.

😁 You never know, you might get a pic with say, Edo for example, then she might take her Premiership medal off and put it on you for another happy snap! Random scenario, I know. But stranger things have happened. 😉 

JUST BE THERE!!!!

How is the hangover😜

  • Haha 4
  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lucifers Hero said:

How is the hangover😜

Not nearly as bad as I expected (and deserve). 
The trick is to drink an Olympic-sized swimming pool’s worth of water before going to bed. Yes you run the (very real) risk of wetting said bed (I didn’t, in case anyone is wondering) but you wake up feeling way less vomitty than you should. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Not nearly as bad as I expected (and deserve). 
The trick is to drink an Olympic-sized swimming pool’s worth of water before going to bed. Yes you run the (very real) risk of wetting said bed (I didn’t, in case anyone is wondering) but you wake up feeling way less vomitty than you should. 

Eat plenty (soakage), make sure you get plenty of water on board and take 2 paracetamols before going to bed. Makes a big difference

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, BDA said:

Eat plenty (soakage), make sure you get plenty of water on board and take 2 paracetamols before going to bed. Makes a big difference

I’ll take that onboard for the B&F this Sat night, BDA. TIA! 🙂

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/28/2022 at 3:32 PM, WalkingCivilWar said:

Mods, we really need an eye roll emoji. A full 360-degree eye roll would be great. And a sigh, if possible. A huge hyperventilation-inducing sigh. In the meantime…

🙄😮💨

I guess that’s just gonna hafta do. 

A funny thing about the last couple of seasons - I don't bother with these people any more. I'm too busy enjoying our team and this league (and now our premiership) to give them a second thought. I appreciate when others jump in to defend and explain, etc. I'm at the point now where I think, if you're not along for the ride, that's up to you. I'll be over here having fun. Informed critiques of the league are welcome, god knows I have enough of them. But stuff like that? Whatever.

On 11/28/2022 at 3:53 PM, binman said:

West was def our best, though i thought Gillard and Zanker were both super influential.  

There were simply ridiculous frees paid - and not paid. West was involved in perhaps the most ridiculous one.

Won another ground ball get, immediately tackled, zero prior opportunity, but gets pinged for holding the ball presumably only because she stood up in the tackle, refused to get brough to ground and dragged the two tacklers 15 metres. Her look when pinged said it all.  

As for Tayla and the cut to her face, i was more worried for opponents - how was her attack on the next contest! Blimey

Having now watched the replay, Zanker was absolutely spent by the end, and she wasn't alone. Super effort.

I have the lowest of low expectations for AFLW umpiring, and this game was a real showcase. The West one drove me absolutely spare! A real WTF moment. It's not her fault she was strong enough to advance the ball like that. Grrr.

Tayla definitely saw red and I worried for the safely of everyone at "Springers", teammates included. She's one that just loses her (already pretty non-existent) inhibitions when injured.

Another fave moment:

giphy.gif

  • Like 7
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


8 minutes ago, rjay said:

This bit of the article caught my attention in terms of the discussion about the scoring (it's the first I've heard the surface was rubbish):

'Roffey explained the inherent problems with this year’s Grand Final venue, claiming “the ball didn’t bounce off the deck”.

Roffey put the low-scoring Grand Final result down the state of the ground, as the Demons prevailed by kicking 2.7.(19) to 2.3.(15).

“We went out on Saturday and the girls did a couple of bounces and the coaches just said ‘don’t bounce’,” Roffey added.

“That meant that the run and carry aspect of it probably wasn’t on show as it would’ve been, so it changes things a bit.”

Looking forward, Roffey asserted the AFL must prioritise earlier planning to secure suitable venues for AFLW finals, particularly to showcase the Grand Final. “If it is to be a home final, the AFL needs to book a suitable venue now in every state for next year,” she said further.

“And if you’re not going to do that, then you need to do the MCG-style thing and say ‘right well here is one venue where it will be’.

If you play in better venues, you get bigger scores and the women can execute their skills better because they are not wind affected or on uneven grounds and things, so this is a really bigger venue conversation that we need to have.

“The venues I think is probably, across the board, the biggest issue we’ve got to address for our women at the moment.”

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, binman said:

This bit of the article caught my attention in terms of the discussion about the scoring (it's the first I've heard the surface was rubbish):

'Roffey explained the inherent problems with this year’s Grand Final venue, claiming “the ball didn’t bounce off the deck”.

Roffey put the low-scoring Grand Final result down the state of the ground, as the Demons prevailed by kicking 2.7.(19) to 2.3.(15).

“We went out on Saturday and the girls did a couple of bounces and the coaches just said ‘don’t bounce’,” Roffey added.

“That meant that the run and carry aspect of it probably wasn’t on show as it would’ve been, so it changes things a bit.”

Looking forward, Roffey asserted the AFL must prioritise earlier planning to secure suitable venues for AFLW finals, particularly to showcase the Grand Final. “If it is to be a home final, the AFL needs to book a suitable venue now in every state for next year,” she said further.

“And if you’re not going to do that, then you need to do the MCG-style thing and say ‘right well here is one venue where it will be’.

If you play in better venues, you get bigger scores and the women can execute their skills better because they are not wind affected or on uneven grounds and things, so this is a really bigger venue conversation that we need to have.

“The venues I think is probably, across the board, the biggest issue we’ve got to address for our women at the moment.”

I had heard the surface was soft and there was no bounce.

No Bannan long runs unfortunately and an obvious effect on the quality of the game.

Thank goodness we had no knee injuries, although the Brisbane skipper did.

Whilst we didn't publicly complain about the choice of venue, Daisy's comment after the game and this from Roffey tells me we weren't happy about it at all. Nor should we have been.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, binman said:

This bit of the article caught my attention in terms of the discussion about the scoring (it's the first I've heard the surface was rubbish):

'Roffey explained the inherent problems with this year’s Grand Final venue, claiming “the ball didn’t bounce off the deck”.

Roffey put the low-scoring Grand Final result down the state of the ground, as the Demons prevailed by kicking 2.7.(19) to 2.3.(15).

“We went out on Saturday and the girls did a couple of bounces and the coaches just said ‘don’t bounce’,” Roffey added.

“That meant that the run and carry aspect of it probably wasn’t on show as it would’ve been, so it changes things a bit.”

Looking forward, Roffey asserted the AFL must prioritise earlier planning to secure suitable venues for AFLW finals, particularly to showcase the Grand Final. “If it is to be a home final, the AFL needs to book a suitable venue now in every state for next year,” she said further.

“And if you’re not going to do that, then you need to do the MCG-style thing and say ‘right well here is one venue where it will be’.

If you play in better venues, you get bigger scores and the women can execute their skills better because they are not wind affected or on uneven grounds and things, so this is a really bigger venue conversation that we need to have.

“The venues I think is probably, across the board, the biggest issue we’ve got to address for our women at the moment.”

@Binman, thanks, I hadn't heard that and it makes perfect sense, quagmires (maybe a bit strong) never did scoring any good. AFL has a terrible record with grounds and as a Dees fan, truly think we get the rough end of the pineapple, I do wish we could be more Rory Breaker “If the milk turns out to be sour, I ain't the kinda [censored] to drink it.”

BTW The more I hear from Roffey the more I like her, really think she is the leader the club needs to navigate the perils of a footy club. She's not Merkel yet but as far as building consensus seems to be well on the way. 

 

  • Like 4
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just finished watching a replay after being there on the day. My first premiership to see live for our club in my 50 odd years of supporting them.
We sat with the demon army and it was great to sit with such passionate supporters when we were outnumbered but not out-voiced! Thanks to the DA for welcoming us in.

The surface - yeah it was both pretty soft and also pretty lumpy. Kate Roffey is spot on, passionate supporters missed out on tickets and it's not good enough to host a granny in such a small stadium. We really were up against it in a number of aspects and it was great the way we just ground out the win.

After all my bagging of it, Springfield was a pretty good facility and it reminded me of a good local footy ground when I was a kid in Brisbane. We used to get 7 to 10,000 people and grand finals back then which creates a great atmosphere. But for a national final, it's just not big enough and shouldn;t have been held there.

Anyway's the game.
The umpiring, summed up for me when one called a free kick and another play on and Banno ran in and tackled the lions player. Can't wait for 4 umps to be on the field next year hey.

The best:

This game was all about defense.
Taylor Harris getting her cheek split open, getting up and then hitting the next contest even harder. She's so tough and competetive.

Shelly Heath, knocked sideways in a bump on the far wing, stuck her hand out for a one handed tackle on her oponent. Tackle of the day.

Kate Hore, didn't get many attacking opportunities but she laid some brilliant tackles and Mick's move to put her behind the ball in the last quarter paid off in spades.

West and Hanks were just fantastic, but I don't think Purcell was far behind them.

Paxy - She was off for a fair bit of the game towards the end but she was a great steadier for us too. Really hope she sticks with us next year.

Banno - She also made some fantastic defensive efforts but even though she wasn't rewarded with a goal, she had some great fantastic offensive runs and set Mackin up for that first goal. She also had a certain goal if that run down tackle (with a correct disposal / kick) from Fitsimons wasn't paid against us. 
She actually had three chances for a goal in the last 60 seconds of play, the last being as the siren sounded. She was loose in front of goals and would have certainly got the goal if it hadn't sounded. Watching her screaming at us as the Demon army screamed back at her when the siren sounded is a moment I'll never forget.

Eden Zanker - She really was cooked by the last quarter. She had the staggers. Harris was playing further up the ground and she became the key forward. I watched her just keep willing herself into lead after lead. The way she just kept leading and presenting for her team mates was just brilliant and summed up the way all of our players were not going to relent.

My Bog - I know I know, midfielders right? but for me it was our defenders.
Maddy Gay had an absolute cracker of a game. But it was watching an 18 year old Tahlia Gillard absolutely stich up the leading goal kicker in Jessie Wardlaw that blew me away.
It was great to watch her live, her closing speed, her body work and the way she just kept getting those long arms through to spoil with impeccable timing. I think she was our most valuable player on the ground on the day in the way she shut down their most dangerous player.

If Gabby Colvin is back into the defensive line next year, we could potentially have Gillard and Harris creating chaos through the ruck and into our forward line. I love the way Stinnear just swings the moves with freedom and we've got an incredible array of talent to do this with now.

Go Dees

   

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4
  • Clap 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


On 11/30/2022 at 9:17 AM, binman said:

This bit of the article caught my attention in terms of the discussion about the scoring (it's the first I've heard the surface was rubbish):

'Roffey explained the inherent problems with this year’s Grand Final venue, claiming “the ball didn’t bounce off the deck”.

Roffey put the low-scoring Grand Final result down the state of the ground, as the Demons prevailed by kicking 2.7.(19) to 2.3.(15).

“We went out on Saturday and the girls did a couple of bounces and the coaches just said ‘don’t bounce’,” Roffey added.

“That meant that the run and carry aspect of it probably wasn’t on show as it would’ve been, so it changes things a bit.”

Looking forward, Roffey asserted the AFL must prioritise earlier planning to secure suitable venues for AFLW finals, particularly to showcase the Grand Final. “If it is to be a home final, the AFL needs to book a suitable venue now in every state for next year,” she said further.

“And if you’re not going to do that, then you need to do the MCG-style thing and say ‘right well here is one venue where it will be’.

If you play in better venues, you get bigger scores and the women can execute their skills better because they are not wind affected or on uneven grounds and things, so this is a really bigger venue conversation that we need to have.

“The venues I think is probably, across the board, the biggest issue we’ve got to address for our women at the moment.”

I attended the GF at Springfield last Sunday and generally had disagreed with the decision for that venue.

We all know the rock snd hard place decision the AFL and presumably the AFLW were in both guilty of overlooking the availability of a venue when their showpiece GF event was being held at one of the busiest times of the year for cricket and world Entertainment stars needing ground venues for their Southern Hemisphere Aussie tours prior to Christmas.

While the grass surface at Brighton Sports Arena was not as suitable as an older more established surface was to play the Grand Final on the rest of the facilities and ground were opened up and all appeared fine for the even, including the parking areas allocated adjacent and near the ground which is also conveniently located right next to the Springfield Suburban Rail Station.

Clearly on advice we were told the grass had only been laid about 4 weeks earlier meaning it had not had much time for its roots to stabilise although it was declared safe for play by AFL inspection and also another testing of the grass stability.  In fact the surface looked great and lined in the usual  cutting and mowing patterns with sponsors logos etc. 

As Kate Roffey  with the team inspected it on the Sat arvo and realised there would not be much bounce that part of the game was ordered to be removed from the Dees game plan "No Bouncing" being the edict. 

So very little bounce it was and neither team really missed it except Melissa Bannon not doing one of her 6 bounce  for a goal specials.

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, 58er said:

I attended the GF at Springfield last Sunday and generally had disagreed with the decision for that venue.

We all know the rock snd hard place decision the AFL and presumably the AFLW were in both guilty of overlooking the availability of a venue when their showpiece GF event was being held at one of the busiest times of the year for cricket and world Entertainment stars needing ground venues for their Southern Hemisphere Aussie tours prior to Christmas.

While the grass surface at Brighton Sports Arena was not as suitable as an older more established surface was to play the Grand Final on the rest of the facilities and ground were opened up and all appeared fine for the even, including the parking areas allocated adjacent and near the ground which is also conveniently located right next to the Springfield Suburban Rail Station.

Clearly on advice we were told the grass had only been laid about 4 weeks earlier meaning it had not had much time for its roots to stabilise although it was declared safe for play by AFL inspection and also another testing of the grass stability.  In fact the surface looked great and lined in the usual  cutting and mowing patterns with sponsors logos etc. 

As Kate Roffey  with the team inspected it on the Sat arvo and realised there would not be much bounce that part of the game was ordered to be removed from the Dees game plan "No Bouncing" being the edict. 

So very little bounce it was and neither team really missed it except Melissa Bannon not doing one of her 6 bounce  for a goal specials.

 

Summing up the AFL was lucky and  able to get away with this venue decision but needs to lift its game in decision making for its showpiece event  as our President has suggested. 

In the next footy season and beyond Brighton HomesArena with its 8,000 capacity will be a great AFLW and VFL event day venue plus forLions training. 

Then it should be with an $80 mill price tag. !!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, DEE fence said:

@Binman, thanks, I hadn't heard that and it makes perfect sense, quagmires (maybe a bit strong) never did scoring any good. AFL has a terrible record with grounds and as a Dees fan, truly think we get the rough end of the pineapple, I do wish we could be more Rory Breaker “If the milk turns out to be sour, I ain't the kinda [censored] to drink it.”

BTW The more I hear from Roffey the more I like her, really think she is the leader the club needs to navigate the perils of a footy club. She's not Merkel yet but as far as building consensus seems to be well on the way. 

 

Kate Roffey sat with the Demon Army, and next to the Ruby Demons, throughout the second half of the match, and she joined in with us at the final siren while we screamed, cheered, did the whole ugly crying thing, before she went off to join the team on the ground.  She is a true leader of the club, and is just as passionate as any of us are.  

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/29/2022 at 12:17 PM, WalkingCivilWar said:

SAVE THE DATE (and time)!!!

This Saturday morning at 9am-1pm

At Gosch’s 

Details to follow. But one thing’s for sure… death, taxes and a DeeArmy BBQ  🙃

Just waiting to hear from the Club as to the happy-haps but it’s gonna be a celebration (especially for fans who couldn’t attend the GF) similar to December 5th 2021 at the ‘G. Not as big, but just as much fun!

Apparently even the players don’t know  about this yet. But the girls being the girls they’ll be absolutely delighted to be there. The B&F is on that evening so it’s gonna be a saturation of Dees-ness!!! 🏆❤️💙🏆

PLEASE, PLEASE try to come on Saturday morning! Not to [censored]-can our Men, but you’ve no idea how bloody grateful the girls always are to see all the love and support from fans. They have so much time for us it’s not funny. Fun? yes! Funny? no. Well, funny sometimes: the girls are such a hoot.

😁 You never know, you might get a pic with say, Edo for example, then she might take her Premiership medal off and put it on you for another happy snap! Random scenario, I know. But stranger things have happened. 😉 

JUST BE THERE!!!!

I wouldn't miss it for the world! It's a little embarrassing but I've never actually been to Gosch's Paddock before. How do I access it? Where can I park? Any tips would be appreciated!

 

Edit: and can I bring my dog?

Edited by Demon4Life
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Demon4Life said:

I wouldn't miss it for the world! It's a little embarrassing but I've never actually been to Gosch's Paddock before. How do I access it? Where can I park? Any tips would be appreciated!

 

Edit: and can I bring my dog?

Dogs are very welcome! In fact, they come in handy for when the odd sausage falls off the barbie. 😁

It’s very easy to access. There’s a big car park between Gosch’s and AAMI Park which is accessible from Olympic Boulevard. I don’t know too much about parking since I always PT it there and walk across the road from Richmond station and enter from Punt Road. I doubt there’d be on-street parking in the area though. But I could be wrong.

There aren’t any toilets at Gosch’s per se, but across the oval there is. You just need to bring tissues in case there’s no toilet paper. Oh, and a hazmat suit. JK, no hazmat suit, they’re not that bad. Not JK about the scarcity of toilet paper though.

There’ll be a coffee van there, and of course the cordon bleu cuisine (aka snag in bread) from the DeeArmy Tent. 

BTW, good on you for coming!!!!!

For once the weather is on our side so we’re hoping that means a good turnout. And this will be the last event of this kind until next year. Another great reason to attend!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    TRAINING: Monday 30th January 2023

    TRAINING MONDAY 30/1/2023 NO SHOWS JACK VINEY, MATT JEFFERSON, CHRISTIAN SALEM. Also Did not see ADAM TOMLINSON  INJURIES MODIFIED DUTIES MAX, JOEL SMITH, ANB, AMW,( NO 47 Not sure who ) and during training CLARRY ( More on this latter)  SKILLS , DRILLS AND MANOUVERS After warm ups and Run Throughs, players broke of into 3 Groups doing a variety of Close in Handball through traffic to hit clean target with players pressuring. One on one groundhog da

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Monday 30th January 2023

    NO SHOWS JACK VINEY, MATT JEFFERSON, CHRISTIAN SALEM. Also Did not see ADAM TOMLINSON  INJURIES MODIFIED DUTIES MAX, JOEL SMITH, ANB, AMW,( NO 47 Not sure who ) and during training CLARRY ( More on this latter)  SKILLS , DRILLS AND MANOUVERS After warm ups and Run Throughs, players broke of into 3 Groups doing a variety of Close in Handball through traffic to hit clean target with players pressuring. One on one groundhog day ground ball gets Teles

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Wednesday 25th January 2023

    Rehab Group: Lever (in runners but kicking the ball well and seems to be moving well), Max (not present), Melksham, Howes, AMW, J Smith - then later joined by the following not participating in contract drills/Match SIM - Brown, Spargo, D Turner, Verrall, Adams  Stafford was out early with Grundy & Verrall doing ruck drills.  White Guernseys: May, Bowey, Trac, JVR, Rivers, Sestan, Nibbler, Kozzie, Grundy, Hunter, Harmes, Fritsch, Laurie, Jordon, K Turner, #46 (may be Coop

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Monday 23rd January 2023

    WIZARD333'S TRAINING REPORT I went down and it was locked out for first hour but could see through fence then allowed in. Max Gawn ran laps — it looks like a 3 to 4 week injury. Andy Moniz-Wakefield ran laps. Blake Howes was taken off late as was on restricted minutes. Adam Tomlinson loudest on track and a leader - surprised me but won't be in best 25. Jake Lever on bike and walking up n down stairs, yelling out as he does. Melky copped a niggle so ran laps but

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Friday 20th January 2023

    TOUGH KENT'S TRAINING REPORT I journeyed out to Casey today and was fortunate enough to watch two quarters of match simulation. Here is a brief rundown of random occurrences/thoughts. First of all, there was no Jake Lever (ankle) or Joel Smith involved. AMW is still in rehab and was running strongly. It was Blue (Probables) v Red (Possibles) JvR was in blue. Ben Brown, T-Mac, Hibbo and Tom Sparrow were in red. Gus Brayshaw started at half back for blue and stayed there all game.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Wednesday 18th January 2023

    DEE ZEPHYR'S TRAINING REPORT Morning all. First time at Goschs for a while, there’s a scoreboard set up which I’ve never seen here before. Possible match sim? Williams yelling out to players to get their hands off hips during drills. Gus looks fine to me. Absolutely., first two mins of match sim and his kicking is exquisite on both sides. He’s moving incredibly well.  Some observations from a match sim drill that lasted about 15-20 mins. The purpose se

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Monday 16th January 2023

    STINGA'S TRAINING REPORT Went with a friend to watch training this morning.  They have 3 sets of temporary grandstands set up next to the rooms for spectators and get a good view of everything. Fritsch was the only absentee and J Smith was on the bike for the whole session. Everyone in their own numbers except JVR in 44,   Kye Turner is 47 and Burgoyne 33. Started off with goal kicking which has been described before. Then an agility routine where where they ducked aroun

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Friday 13th January 2023

    REDLEGS23'S TRAINING REPORT Got to training about 9:50 & headed off by 11:30. Rehab / Light Drills: • Jed Adams • Kyah Farris-White • Will Varrall • I think i spotted Joel Smith, but could be wrong. The above doing light drills. Andy Moniz-Wakefield & Trent Burgoyne doing seperate laps / runs for the whole session. James Harmes, Angus Brayshaw & Steven May all started with the main group but then progressed to light duties / laps for the remainder of th

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Wednesday 11th January 2023

    WAYNE WUSSELL'S TRAINING REPORT Haven’t noticed Oliver, Petracca and Hunter, just about everyone else accounted for. Petracca here! J Smith striding out in rehab. BB taking lots of shots on goal after session marking in goal square v Stafford Younger players tending to float short passes to leading forward (D Smith, 33, 39, KF-S) while Petracca, Viney, Kossie, ANB shoot hard and low bullets Harmes, Verall, & Adams doing agility, ball handling JVR stand out in te

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...