Official Team vs. Sydney

Jaded No More

No full team yet, just the changes from Ch.10 News:

In: Rivers, Moloney, Johnstone, Petterd, Garland, CJ

Out: Green (Hamstring), Whelan, Wheatley, Jones, Ward, Bizzell

Great changes when you consider the injuries. Good luck to both Petterd and Garland!

Very happy to see Ward dropped, his unaccountability is really hurting us (see last week where he let Headland have his first ever decent AFL match!). Bizzell a bit stiff though I would suggest.

And Sylvia makes it 2 games in a row... Could it be? :o

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon had they made those changes last week, i.e. young blokes compared to dead wood there would've been more than 16k there.

At least it will be worth watching on Sat now.

Hope C. Johnson pulls his finger out, has got a lot of talent but is lazy in my opinion.

Good luck to Petterd and Garland...

Rivers, TJ and Rivers are handy, Green, Jones and Whelan not so handy...

Nice to see that the Biz has been given plenty opportunity to prove himself...pause....NOT! (if you have seen Borat you may find the NOT bit funny). I thought he was pretty good preseason and good enough to put him in my dream team. I've been a big fan of his since he came to us from Geelong now diappointed that he doesn't seem to be getting much of a go. Is he injured??? Did he sleep with someones Mrs??? Did he not buy ND a birthday present??? anyone?

Great to finally see those average players being dropped and giving our future prospects a go. :)

I'll believe when I see it! <_<

No Bizzell.

Disgraceful.

He is stiff, as I said, but let us concentrate on the positives. We get 3 of our best 18 back, and not one, but TWO players are making their debut. This is unheard of in Neale Daniher land!

I guess there isn't really a match up for Bizzell, given Rivers is back and they lost Buchanan last week, leaving Bell to play on O'Keefe.

NO bizz is a disgrace when they keep Brown i cant kick 40 metres anymore in there.... sure he is a great servant but Bizz is better no doubt... very harsh omission... at least ND has gotten rid of Wheatley and Ward.... maybe Bizz lost his spot due to Brown being more of a runner which we are pretty short on atm?

I don't understand the criticism of Wheatley. He has been one of our best the last couple of weeks IMO.

BTW, he hasn't been dropped, he's injured along with Whelan, Jones and Green.

Ward and Bizzell have both been dropped, a big statement seeing we've got so many injuries.

Guest dee'viator
No full team yet, just the changes from Ch.10 News:

In: Rivers, Moloney, Johnstone, Petterd, Garland, CJ

Out: Green (Hamstring), Whelan, Wheatley, Jones, Ward, Bizzell

Great changes when you consider the injuries. Good luck to both Petterd and Garland!

Very happy to see Ward dropped, his unaccountability is really hurting us (see last week where he let Headland have his first ever decent AFL match!). Bizzell a bit stiff though I would suggest.

Here 'Tis

MELBOURNEfc Team

Backs: C.Bruce, N.Carroll, P.Johnson

Half backs: N.Brown,J.Rivers, D.Bell

Centreline: B.Moloney, J.McDonald, A.Yze

Half forwards: C.Johnson, B.Miller, B.Pickett

Forwards:L.Dunn, M.Jamar, A.Davey

Followers:J.White, M.Bate, T.Johnstone

I/C:R.Petterd, S.Godfrey, C.Sylvia, C.Garland

Emergencies: C.Bizzell, D.Ward, S.Buckley

In: J.Rivers, B.Moloney, T.Johnstone, C.Johnson, R.Petterd, C.Garland

Out: P.Wheatley, M.Whelan, N.Jones, B.Green, Ward, Bizzell

Sydney Team

Backs: Richards, Barry, Malceski

Half backs: Kennelly, C.Bolton, Mathews

Centreline: Buchanan, Kirk, McVeigh

Half forwards: R.O'Keefe, O'Loughlin, J.Bolton

Forwards:Schneider, Hall, Ablett

Followers:Jolly, Goodes, Fosdike

I/C: Crouch, Davis, Everitt, Schmidt

Emergencies: Grundy, Laidlaw, Moore

The end is nigh for Clint. There's no way he'll be offered another contract. I'd much rather see Chip being played in the backline when he's fit as part of our sudden 'youth policy'. The Bizz has never recovered from his injury, no fault of his own, but you don't want to get that at the latter stage of your career. Time for new blood and a new broom.

The end is nigh for Clint. There's no way he'll be offered another contract. I'd much rather see Chip being played in the backline when he's fit as part of our sudden 'youth policy'. The Bizz has never recovered from his injury, no fault of his own, but you don't want to get that at the latter stage of your career. Time for new blood and a new broom.

I've been one that's been keen to see some of the younger guys played this season.

Not because of the experience they'll gain but because I think they can help Melbourne to win. They create a bit of excitement and there is an unknown element to them that can add another dimension to the team.

Whether or not Bizzell gets another contract doesn't matter. He should be in the team now, because he is a good player who can help Melbourne to win.

Good riddance to Ward

Can someone tell me how the hell Jamar gets a game?

I'm guessing White can no longer ruck all day, PJ can't ruck, and Neaves is on the rookie list.

Who else is there? Next in line for makeshift rucks were Nicholson and Smith and they're both gone. Holland? We're scraping the bottom of the barrel as is :P

Guest dee'viator

MELBOURNEfc Team This could be a strong lineup

Backs: .............. C.Bizzell ...... N.Carroll ..... D.Bell

Half backs: ....... C.Johnson .. J.Rivers......... C.Sylvia

Centreline: ....... A.Yze .......... J.McDonald .. T.Johnstone

Half forwards: .. C.Bruce ....... B.Miller ........ B.Pickett

Forwards: ......... L.Dunn ....... M.Jamar ....... A.Davey

Followers: J.White, S.Godfrey, B.Moloney

I/C from: R.Petterd (P.Johnson)? (N.Brown)? D.Ward M.Bate

Emergencies: D.Ward S.Buckley C.Garland

In: J.Rivers, B.Moloney, T.Johnstone, C.Johnson, R.Petterd, C.Garland

Out: P.Wheatley, M.Whelan, N.Jones, B.Green, Ward,

Sydney Team

Backs: Richards, Barry, Malceski

Half backs: Kennelly, C.Bolton, Mathews

Centreline: Buchanan, Kirk, McVeigh

Half forwards: R.O'Keefe, O'Loughlin, J.Bolton

Forwards: Schneider, Hall, Ablett

Followers:Jolly, Goodes, Fosdike

I/C: Crouch, Davis, Everitt, Schmidt

Emergencies: Grundy, Laidlaw, Moore

MELBOURNEfc Team This could be a strong lineup

Backs: .............. C.Bizzell ...... N.Carroll ..... D.Bell

Half backs: ....... C.Johnson .. J.Rivers......... C.Sylvia

Centreline: ....... A.Yze .......... J.McDonald .. T.Johnstone

Half forwards: .. C.Bruce ....... B.Miller ........ B.Pickett

Forwards: ......... L.Dunn ....... M.Jamar ....... A.Davey

Followers: J.White, S.Godfrey, B.Moloney

I/C from: R.Petterd (P.Johnson)? (N.Brown)? D.Ward M.Bate

Emergencies: D.Ward S.Buckley C.Garland

Where on earh did you get this team from?

Bizzell has been dropped

Garland is named in the best 22

Why have you swapped them?

I don't understand the criticism of Wheatley. He has been one of our best the last couple of weeks IMO.

BTW, he hasn't been dropped, he's injured along with Whelan, Jones and Green.

Ward and Bizzell have both been dropped, a big statement seeing we've got so many injuries.

I agree on Wheatley. He is a perennial and unserving recipient of criticism on this site.

On the other hand, the omissions of experienced players Ward & Bizzell is a telling sign.

FWIW, Bizzell is one of the most overrated players on this site who has been dubious value in senior football since 2004. He has received incredible kudos on the back of 2002/2003. Hell that's a long time ago.

Its interesting those who criticise his demotion have not put forward who he would necessarily match up on. Figures.

Good luck to the new guys. Enjoy the experience. It will be a hard start.