• Podcast: Jason Taylor Interview  

• Podcast: Jason Taylor Interview 

Fill the ‘G’

Dee Zephyr

1 minute ago, DubDee said:

I'm looking for a championship team to follow at the moment so i can get my love for the game back

I miss the old Zola/Poyet days

*sorry all, I'll stop the round ball comments

Fine with me DubDee. It might be all we have for the next few months after tomorrow night. Although Green Bay can help fill that void for me until the end of January. 

I flirted with a few of the London sides when I lived there and have been to games at most of the grounds. I had a soft spot for Fulham, West Ham and Charlton at various times but settled on Brentford as Griffin Park was the closest ground to where I lived in Kew. 

You could always go a bit left field and pick a non-league side to follow? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DubDee said:

I'm looking for a championship team to follow at the moment so i can get my love for the game back

I miss the old Zola/Poyet days

*sorry all, I'll stop the round ball comments

Fondly remember that side. Viali, Flo, Wise.

If we were like current Chelsea Klopp would have been sacked this morning.

Edited by layzie
  • Like 1

Sooo, is it a bit pathetic they have to tell us to cheer?

‘Grumble play good footy grumble win a contest grumble kick the bloody footy grumble grumble fart’.

I get all that but we have a future Demon God in Clayton Oliver playing for us, 2 AFL All Timers in Gawn and CP5, two Demon Knights-of-the-realm in Viney and Brayshaw, three generational backmen in The Demon Trident of Lever, May, and Petty. We also have the Demon Firestarter in Kozzie Pickett.

You aren’t excited enough to cheer already? It’s like a team of the best few players from the last 4 generations rolled into one team.

Just get up and cheer like a bogan for September. No one will know it was you, you can wear a fake moustache if you want…

Edited by rpfc
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Gorgoroth said:

Come to the mighty Bolton Wanderers!

Queens Park Rangers. Have followed them since 1974 when I first lived in London for seven years. Been up and down but just loved standing behind the goals and getting involved with the crowd. Been to all the big grounds up and down the country but felt at home at Loftus Road.  Go Hoops.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

Family is from Bolton, watched us play Man U there one day, also been to Upton park as the wife’s family is all from there and Hammers fans.

Nice one! Got a few friends from Lancashire. Would be good to get over there again. 

Edited by layzie
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, DubDee said:

Anyone need motivation to attend the game?

Imagine next year we are playing Geelong away in a final. We have a recent history of only getting 45K to a final.

Suddenly we find ourselves playing a final at Kardinia Park!

GET TO THE GAME!

When?  Last year when the qualifying final was at half capacity at Adelaide Oval due to COVID?  What were we supposed to have done about that?  We were in Melbourne. In lockdown. Under curfew.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rpfc said:

Sooo, is it a bit pathetic they have to tell us to cheer?

‘Grumble play good footy grumble win a contest grumble kick the bloody footy grumble grumble fart’.

I get all that but we have a future Demon God in Clayton Oliver playing for us, 2 AFL All Timers in Gawn and CP5, two Demon Knights-of-the-realm in Viney and Brayshaw, three generational backmen in The Demon Trident of Lever, May, and Petty. We also have the Demon Firestarter in Kozzie Pickett.

You aren’t excited enough to cheer already? It’s like a team of the best few players from the last 4 generations rolled into one team.

Just get up and cheer like a bogan for September. No one will know it was you, you can wear a fake moustache if you want…

We’ll said

We we’re in the MCC, when we kicked the first three goals of the 3rd, my wife and a couple of others started a chant, everyone just looked at us like we were idiots.

We are the reigning premiers, have some fantastic players, but overall we are a really uninspired supporter base

I’m ready for the usual vitriol coming my way and probably the spell checkers 

10 minutes ago, Billy said:

We’ll said

We we’re in the MCC, when we kicked the first three goals of the 3rd, my wife and a couple of others started a chant, everyone just looked at us like we were idiots.

We are the reigning premiers, have some fantastic players, but overall we are a really uninspired supporter base

No surprise. A large chunk of our supporters won't even stand up when attending the cricket during a Mexican wave

51 minutes ago, Katrina Dee Fan said:

When?  Last year when the qualifying final was at half capacity at Adelaide Oval due to COVID?  What were we supposed to have done about that?  We were in Melbourne. In lockdown. Under curfew.

sorry i don't think i was clear.  I meant if we only got around 45K tonight, imagine this scenario next year....

21 minutes ago, Billy said:

We’ll said

Yes, but @Demonstonejust wants to help you.

Demonstone…

Vitriol away!

Good vibe though Billy! Just explain to the members that the extra noise make the footballers play better…

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Bates Mate said:

A large chunk of our supporters won't even stand up when attending the cricket during a Mexican wave

Will happily yell at the football and sit down during a Mexican wave. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, rpfc said:

Just get up and cheer like a bogan for September.

For some, me for example, that’s the only way they cheer. And not just in September. 😁

• Like 1
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, Katrina Dee Fan said:

MCC members or Melbourne supporters?  Because MCC members do not represent even a fraction of Melbourne supporters

Well they do make up a fraction. And that’s not just a maths jibe, the MCC is sometimes 3 qtrs of the Dees fans at a game during the year.

13 minutes ago, rpfc said:

Well they do make up a fraction. And that’s not just a maths jibe, the MCC is sometimes 3 qtrs of the Dees fans at a game during the year.

Can't say I agree with you on that.  I'd say the bulk of Melbourne supporters are either in the Olympic Stand or Punt Road goal end of the Southern Stand.  Yes, the MCC is usually chockas on Melbourne home games, but I'd say it's an overreach to say 3/4 of Melbourne supporters are in the MCC.  You weren't at the Carlton game in Rd 22, were you?  Southern Stand was literally bouncing after Kozzy's goal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Katrina Dee Fan said:

You know I always love your work!!

Thanks Kat. 💕 From a bogan of old. And damn proud of it (even if my hipster sons aren’t). 😁

Take it easy, btw. Burning the candle at both ends never works out for the best. 😘

5 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Thanks Kat. 💕 From a bogan of old. And damn proud of it (even if my hipster sons aren’t). 😁

Take it easy, btw. Burning the candle at both ends never works out for the best. 😘

Yeh, well, as it turned out the Sunrise cross was cancelled this morning for obvious reasons, I found that out at about 4 am when I woke up to get to the G.  But thanks for the chat last night 💕

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, Katrina Dee Fan said:

Yeh, well, as it turned out the Sunrise cross was cancelled this morning for obvious reasons, I found that out at about 4 am when I woke up to get to the G.  But thanks for the chat last night 💕

Anytime. But we’d better quit before we’re told to get a room. 😁

On the Sunrise live crosses, I’m hoping like hell you have to do them next week since if you’re not, it means we’re no longer in it. So set that flippin’ alarm for 4am next Friday!!! Stat!

• Love 1