CASEY: Rd 18 vs Footscray

WERRIDEE

Big game on Saturday I might go to it. The bulldogs were the last side we lost to in a practice match, since then Casey have been flying undefeated while Footscray have struggled with 6 wins and are 14th on the ladder but in their last game they did beat Sandy convincingly by 9 goals.

Possible line up

B: McVee, Ellison, Buntine

HB: Rosman, Turner, Hunt

C: Baker, Dunstan, Woewodin

HF: Laurie, van Rooyen, Bedford

F: M.Brown, Weideman, Chandler

FOLL: Bell, White, Munro

IC: Moniz-Wakefield, Howes, Grey, Baldi, Steele

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Demonland changed the title to CASEY: Rd 18 vs Footscray
6 hours ago, WERRIDEE said:

Big game on Saturday I might go to it. The bulldogs were the last side we lost to in a practice match, since then Casey have been flying undefeated while Footscray have struggled with 6 wins and are 14th on the ladder but in their last game they did beat Sandy convincingly by 9 goals.

Possible line up

you forgot oliver and petty🤣

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, WERRIDEE said:

Possible line up

Assume Tomlinson is the medi sub? 
Bowey- rested, managed or forgotten?? 

Daw.  Retired. 
injured /unavailable.  Tmcd. D.Smith J.Smith 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, WERRIDEE said:

Possible line up

I might join you werridee, it will depend on the weather. I like going to these games at old vfl grounds.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, WERRIDEE said:

Possible line up

Interesting, so you have Bedford coming out for Oliver?
Tomlinson staying in as Medi-sub?

Where’s Bowey? Emergency?

I think Bedford probably stays in and Spargo goes out for what it’s worth, regardless, that’s a very strong VFL side with a lot of players pushing hard for seniors. Super keen to see Howes, coming into the season Gawny had him as mostly likely to debut this year. Huge wraps, hope he goes well!

Edited by deejammin'
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Assume Tomlinson is the medi sub? 
Bowey- rested, managed or forgotten?? 

Daw.  Retired. 
injured /unavailable.  Tmcd. D.Smith J.Smith 

I forgot Bowey put him in the back pocket put McVee to the bench and drop Baldi

• Like 2

10 hours ago, deejammin' said:

I think Bedford probably stays in and Spargo goes out for what it’s worth, regardless, that’s a very strong VFL side with a lot of players pushing hard for seniors. Super keen to see Howes, coming into the season Gawny had him as mostly likely to debut this year. Huge wraps, hope he goes well!

There is no way Spargo goes out he was good Bedford hardly touched it. I have Melksham over Bedford just because of the 2 great tackles he laid.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, WERRIDEE said:

Possible line up

B: Bowey, Ellison, Buntine

IC: Moniz-Wakefield, Howes, McVee, Grey, Steele

Made the changes above wonder if Steele can be the 23rd man I don't think he has been this year if he can't become the 23rd man a unknown Casey player will possibly come in.

Edited by WERRIDEE
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, deejammin' said:

Still time for Howes. Perfect timing. Rd 22 in the Ones and a flag 6 weeks later.  

• Like 1

Just now, Wizard of Koz said:

Still time for Howes. Perfect timing. Rd 22 in the Ones and a flag 6 weeks later.  

Who’s spot do you see him taking though?
I’m excited to see the kid but coming into the year he was called a wing/mid.

Ed Langdon is close to our most valuable player at his best and James Jordon has arguably been our most consistent player this year. He’s not replacing either of them.
 I’m excited to see Howes, and if he debuts he will have earned it with our list, but I’d think it’s unlikely, Woey has put together some pretty strong performance over the year, Laurie is super close, Chandler also, Dunstan, Melksham, Bedford,  there’s a few that have runs on the board for the year that’d be ahead of him. I hope he gets some development into him, plays out an undefeated Casey season with a flag and comes into pre-season gunning for the seniors.
The injuries or drop in form that would be required for him to play round 22 would also worry me. I hope our 22 gets back to its best footy and stays relatively settled the rest of the season, with Oliver and Petty in for Melk and Tomlinson and no other changes this week we’re as close to our best 22 as we’ve been all season. The only wildcard is TMac.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, WERRIDEE said:

There is no way Spargo goes out he was good Bedford hardly touched it. I have Melksham over Bedford just because of the 2 great tackles he laid.

Sorry I got this slightly wrong, I have a Melksham out for Clarry, Tomlinson out for Petty. But you might be right Bedford might come out for Clarry. 
Statistically though they’re actually very similar Melk 6 disposals, Bedford 5, Melksham  18 pressure acts, Bedford 17. Melksham laid 5 more tackles, had two more score involvements (4-2) and kicked a goal. So on that one game he stays in, however I think Bedford has more upside based on his last few games so it might be a close call. 
Maybe if we decide to go taller and bring in a JVR or Weid both will miss? With Maxy and Dogga both down on contested marking atm maybe this will happen? 

You’re right about Spargo, my initial impression after the game was that his disposal was well off and his pressure was lacking. But watching it again and looking at the stats I’m wrong, he had a few misses by foot and only laid one tackle, which is low for him, but overall he played a solid game, he’s ahead of Bedford and Melk.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, deejammin' said:

Who’s spot do you see him taking though?
I’m excited to see the kid but coming into the year he was called a wing/mid.

Ed Langdon is close to our most valuable player at his best and James Jordon has arguably been our most consistent player this year. He’s not replacing either of them.
 I’m excited to see Howes, and if he debuts he will have earned it with our list, but I’d think it’s unlikely, Woey has put together some pretty strong performance over the year, Laurie is super close, Chandler also, Dunstan, Melksham, Bedford,  there’s a few that have runs on the board for the year that’d be ahead of him. I hope he gets some development into him, plays out an undefeated Casey season with a flag and comes into pre-season gunning for the seniors.
The injuries or drop in form that would be required for him to play round 22 would also worry me. I hope our 22 gets back to its best footy and stays relatively settled the rest of the season, with Oliver and Petty in for Melk and Tomlinson and no other changes this week we’re as close to our best 22 as we’ve been all season. The only wildcard is TMac.

Not sure who's spot he takes yet. It will evolve

• Like 2

VFL | Plenty of returns to face Dogs (melbournefc.com.au)

2 changes to my possible team. White is out and Steele isn't the 23rd man Valentine is. Doubt Tomlinson will play will possibly be replaced by Baldi.

Plenty of AFL listed talent (17 at present) this week although the team will miss out on the injured Mitch White.

B: F.Rosman 19 A.Tomlinson 20 J.McVee 41
HB: J.Hunt 29 D.Turner 42 J.Bowey 17
C: T.Woewodin 40 L.Dunstan 27 O.Baker 33
HF: M.Buntine 71 M.Brown 38 K.Chandler 37
F: J.Van Rooyen 21 S.Weideman 26 T.Bedford 12
Foll: J.Bell 73 B.Laurie 16 J.Munro 47
IC: G.Grey 68 C.Ellison 79 B.Howes 22 A.Moniz-Wakefield 36 R.Valentine 65
Emerg: R.Baldi 56 T.Edwards 58 B.Milford 74 M.Shepherd 16

In: T.Bedford J.Bowey B.Howes A.Moniz-Wakefield D.Turner R.Valentine 

Out: K.George J.Melksham T.Rivers D.Smith R.Steele M.White

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, KC from Casey said:

Plenty of AFL listed talent (17 at present) this week although the team will miss out on the injured Mitch White.

B: F.Rosman 19 A.Tomlinson 20 J.McVee 41
HB: J.Hunt 29 D.Turner 42 J.Bowey 17
C: T.Woewodin 40 L.Dunstan 27 O.Baker 33
HF: M.Buntine 71 M.Brown 38 K.Chandler 37
F: J.Van Rooyen 21 S.Weideman 26 T.Bedford 12
Foll: J.Bell 73 B.Laurie 16 J.Munro 47
IC: G.Grey 68 C.Ellison 79 B.Howes 22 A.Moniz-Wakefield 36 R.Valentine 65
Emerg: R.Baldi 56 T.Edwards 58 B.Milford 74 M.Shepherd 16

In: T.Bedford J.Bowey B.Howes A.Moniz-Wakefield D.Turner R.Valentine 

Out: K.George J.Melksham T.Rivers D.Smith R.Steele M.White

You can already scratch Sam Weideman who has gone up to the MFC team as a replacement for Ben Brown (knee soreness). Jayden Hunt is now one of the emergencies. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/20/2022 at 1:46 AM, WERRIDEE said:

Possible line up

On 7/20/2022 at 1:27 PM, old dee said:

I might join you werridee, it will depend on the weather. I like going to these games at old vfl grounds.

Any parking options handy nearby gents?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KC from Casey said:

You can already scratch Sam Weideman who has gone up to the MFC team as a replacement for Ben Brown (knee soreness). Jayden Hunt is now one of the emergencies. 

So Hunt misses this one yeh?

2 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Miles Shepherd should get the recall in place of Weideman.  He showed enough in recent games to warrant more opportunities. 

Not saying he won't come in but with Tomo back in couldn't they roll Ellison forward to replace Weid?

Played a number of decent games in this posi before.  Love to see more of him here.  Very solid defender also but talent a bit wasted down back IMV

• Like 1