The Official Last Brainteaser of 2021

Mazer Rackham

4 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

FB: May  Elshaugh  Lord

(etc)

(It's another team without the great Robbie Flower - but there is just no position for him in this team.)

HB: Bourke  Osborne  Usher

C: Richards  Neal-Bullen Emselle

HF: Flower Obst O'Donnell

F: Tapscott Bennell Armstrong

R: Lever Lamprill Carman

I: Lord Usher* Bourke

(* so good we named him twice)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mazer Rackham said:

Any other attempts to overtake the clubhouse leader on Team 2 before the Big Reveal?

Or any late runs on Team 3? Remember there's a prize.

I got it Maze! Team 3. Ima PM you now with the answer. 

On 3/18/2022 at 5:29 PM, Mazer Rackham said:

HB: Bourke  Osborne  Usher

C: Richards  Neal-Bullen Emselle

HF: Flower Obst O'Donnell

F: Tapscott Bennell Armstrong

R: Lever Lamprill Carman

I: Lord Usher* Bourke

(* so good we named him twice)

The difference between your excellent team and mine is that yours makes sense at any time; mine only since late September last year. 

And that's a hint for anyone still interested.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucifers Hero said:

@Mazer Rackhamand @La Dee-vina Comediacan we have the answers please?

You’ll kick yourself when you see the answers, Luci. You’ll wonder why you didn’t see it immediately. 

Just now, WalkingCivilWar said:

You’ll kick yourself when you see the answers, Luci. You’ll wonder why you didn’t see it immediately. 

Have been away since Wednesday so tbh I haven't tried to solve them.  I was surprised to open this thread this morning and not see the answers posted so now I'm just curious.

Not sure why the lads are just dragging it out...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Have been away since Wednesday so tbh I haven't tried to solve them.  I was surprised to open this thread this morning and not see the answers posted so now I'm just curious.

Not sure why the lads are just dragging it out...

Just had a look at this thread and to pizz you off Luci , I worked out LDC’s puzzle at a glance.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Just had a look at this thread and to pizz you off Luci , I worked out LDC’s puzzle at a glance.

Smart arze :cool:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The Grand Reveal.

Team 2: the players' numbers form the digits of pi (3.1459 etc) . The "clubhouse leader" was ET the Extra West-rial but it turned out his contribution "easy as", which should have been the big giveaway, was a coincidence and he didn't actually know the answer.

The first one to get it was (drum roll) demonstone. The puzzle was a copy of one that LDVC did last year. I was seeing who was paying attention.

Team 3: the number of letters in the players' names form a sequence. 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, then through again. The interchange were 13, 14, 15. Cracked by Jjrogan, mo64 and WCW.

Hearty congratulations to the winners and everyone who participated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

We'll just have to take your word for it as I've not received a PM with the correct answer...which is the first letter of each surname spells out "Melbourne Demons Premiers"

• Haha 2

On 3/18/2022 at 3:25 PM, Demonstone said:

My PM to Mazer wouldn't send for some reason (he's blocked me?  :blink:),  but I think Team 2 is based on the jumper numbers making up the formula for Pi (3.141592 etc). 

I've posted this publicly because at least one other Demonlander had already solved it.

MMMMM PIE.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

We'll just have to take your word for it as I've not received a PM with the correct answer...which is the first letter of each surname spells out "Melbourne Demons Premiers"

Indeed. I didn’t submit an entry LDC. I didn’t read the complete thread. Just assumed it had been worked out

• Like 2

1 minute ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

A bit of trivia discovered when preparing the Brainteaser.

In our entire history we have only had one player whose surname started with the letter U. Ray Usher played 82 games and kicked 2 goals in his career which was in the period 1928 to 1933.

source: demonwiki.org/players

This reminds me… @DemonlandAndy, you once posted a list of VFL/AFL players whose first names and surnames are unique. Adem Yze being one of the them. I’ve tried finding it but to no avail. If poss, can you please post that list again?

I’m thinking Taj Woewodin would now be added, unless there’s been another player with the first name of Taj. 🤔 

Just now, WalkingCivilWar said:

This reminds me… @DemonlandAndy, you once posted a list of VFL/AFL players whose first names and surnames are unique. Adem Yze being one of the them. I’ve tried finding it but to no avail. If poss, can you please post that list again?

I’m thinking Taj Woewodin would now be added, unless there’s been another player with the first name of Taj. 🤔 

If you mean both first name and surname are unique, I have a feeling Taj Woewodin won't be on the list. And not because of his first name.

5 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

If you mean both first name and surname are unique, I have a feeling Taj Woewodin won't be on the list. And not because of his first name.

OMG, what was I thinking?! When I first saw the list, about a year ago, I thought Shane would be on this list for sure had he not been given such a common first name.
Ok, senior moment. We’re all entitled to such on the odd occasion. 😁

I’d still love to see that list, though.  (Please 🙂)

Edited by WalkingCivilWar
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I have no recollection of that. I might have reposted a tweet from someone on Twitter but I'm afraid without undergoing a session of hypnosis to retrieve that memory that information is as good as lost.

52 minutes ago, Demonland said:

I have no recollection of that. I might have reposted a tweet from someone on Twitter but I'm afraid without undergoing a session of hypnosis to retrieve that memory that information is as good as lost.

No worries. I actually screenshot it at the time but must’ve accidentally deleted it since. All good.  👍🏽 

On 3/21/2022 at 11:51 AM, leave it to deever said:

MMMMM PIE.

1C5EF081-A065-4421-BB80-AA744CF00F76.thumb.jpeg.e1db8942354f7b5b8e3916489b2f2dc2.jpeg

😮  ️ 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1