TICKETING: Rd 11 vs Western Bulldogs

Wells 11

26 minutes ago, Wells 11 said:

I know right? Faark. Then I also would have had to worry if I can get out!  Ie if I could get bk to nsw without a quarantine. I canx the trip today. So disappointed 

Sorry to hear Wellsy. Here is hoping we at least get to play and then spank them.

• Like 1

The powers that be need to get their act together and turbo charge the vaccine roll-out. Complacency is creeping back in again and we all know what happened the last time. The only way out of Covid world is by getting everyone vaccinated ASAP.

Their will always be vaccine hold-outs and cranks but it this instance they do have a point. We have no idea about the long term effects of the vaccines because the longitudinal studies which are typically done before a vaccine is approved have not been done.

I’ll be getting mine. I have to if I want to travel overseas but I’ll be keeping a close eye on the adverse events data for the various vaccines before I get my jabs.

42 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Yes!!! If it means more spectators allowed, defs it’s a yes. I can’t see any reason for keeping it closed. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Grimes Times said:

just move it to the G and get everyone in

Yep, they could do a direct swap and play the Dees V Dogs game in round 20 at Marvel, which only has 2 games on that weekend in late July.

Having said that, it sounds like a lock down could be a possibility as it stands right now.

People wonder why the attendances at games are down. The cautious stay away and now their worries have been confirmed. I wonder how those who went to the pies game are feeling right now. 

This will only reduce numbers IMO.

10 minutes ago, old dee said:

People wonder why the attendances at games are down. The cautious stay away and now their worries have been confirmed. I wonder how those who went to the pies game are feeling right now. 

Easier for me to get a ticket then ?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, old dee said:

I was at Adelaide Oval and they required everybody attending to wear a mask if they were not seated in their seats. If you were walking around the stadium or purchasing food or drink you were required to wear a mask. You were not able purchase food or drink if you were not wearing a mask. You were directed to wear your mask or wear it properly by every attendant or police officer around the ground.

In fact every establishment that I entered whilst in Adelaide whether it be a store or food establishment were very strict on no sign in no service.

Unfortunately this is not the case in Victoria and I would be more confident of a handling of an outbreak if I was living in SA than I do living in Victoria. This is not a political statement as SA is a Labor government and it would not matter if it were the Liberals in charge in Victoria based on some of the statements made from them during lockdown last year. We seem to be the only state that can't get it's [censored] together in handling this pandemic.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Unfortunately this is not the case in Victoria and I would be more confident of a handling of an outbreak if I was living in SA than I do living in Victoria. This is not a political statement as SA is a Labor government and it would not matter if it were the Liberals in charge in Victoria based on some of the statements made from them during lockdown last year. We seem to be the only state that can't get it's [censored] together in handling this pandemic.

Isn't SA currently governed by the Marshall Liberal government?

I would say the key issue here is the Federal Government abrogating its Commonwealth quarantine responsibility, along with the continued insistence on high density CBD based quarantine facilities instead of facilities like Howard Springs, or the proposed Toowoomba facility.

The mismanagement of vaccine rollout also an issue.

Edited by Superunknown
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Isn't SA currently governed by the Marshall Liberal government?

I would say the key issue here is the Federal Government abrogating its Commonwealth quarantine responsibility, along with the continued insistence on high density CBD based quarantine facilities instead of facilities like Howard Springs, or the proposed Toowoomba facility.

The mismanagement of vaccine rollout also an issue.

You are correct. For some reason I was thinking of the Queensland Premier.

My experience in Queensland was similar to South Australia in regards to Check Ins. (Mask were not required). Far superior to Victoria. Both had better weather too.

1 hour ago, Demonland said:

I was at Adelaide Oval and they required everybody attending to wear a mask if they were not seated in their seats. If you were walking around the stadium or purchasing food or drink you were required to wear a mask. You were not able purchase food or drink if you were not wearing a mask. You were directed to wear your mask or wear it properly by every attendant or police officer around the ground.

In fact every establishment that I entered whilst in Adelaide whether it be a store or food establishment were very strict on no sign in no service.

It was quite startling the difference wasn't it Andy, from landing at the airport and people yelling out to sign in with your QR code to mask wearing everywhere required and being told to do so if you were not doing it (even if it was not fitted correctly ie a nose poking out). Standing in our Pod was fine to not wear one, yet as soon as we walked over the rope "mask on pal!"

Everyone making sure/checking you had scanned the QR code on entry/seating at a venue.

20 hours ago, old dee said:

And how do you prove you have had it dc?

All vaccinations are recorded in the Australian Immunisation Register, and you can generate an Immunisation History Statement through the MyGov website or Medicare app. 

Looks like this...

immunisation-history.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Brettmcg said:

All vaccinations are recorded in the Australian Immunisation Register, and you can generate an Immunisation History Statement through the MyGov website or Medicare app. 

Looks like this...

immunisation-history.jpg

Thank you. I will check it out.