Rumour only file ...

Pinball Wizard

1 minute ago, Patches O’houlihan said:

Treloar is going to the bulldogs. time to move on from that fantasy guys. he'll be involved in the Dunkley deal. 

Bad decisions by the dogs if true. They need key defenders & small forwards. Could really strengthen their side to be a contender if they flipped the picks wisely.

7 minutes ago, adonski said:

Bad decisions by the dogs if true. They need key defenders & small forwards. Could really strengthen their side to be a contender if they flipped the picks wisely.

Do not expect Melbourne to be players in terms of trading players into the club. We will clear Preuss and Hannan once the dust settles around the clubs they are going to. One or two more delistings to come and hopefully we can somehow improve our draft position. 

59 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

Wouldn't have thought we'd be looking at Vardy and Cox if we're already tight on the salary cap and looking for what is pretty much a VFL ruck spot? Seems a strange call by the club (Preuss Mk II).

Would be surprised if the Pies accepted pick 26 for Treloar too, even in the circumstances, and even if they do, it leaves us with picks 43, 68 and 69 as it stands. Not ideal.

Pies won’t have a say once he picks a club, they’d have to accept a package given what’s gone on. They HAVE to trade him, simple!

23 minutes ago, Patches O’houlihan said:

Treloar is going to the bulldogs. time to move on from that fantasy guys. he'll be involved in the Dunkley deal. 

No fantasy — he has a say & media pushing dogs line at this stage cus it seems logical that’s the only link. May go there if they lose Dunkley but FAR from anything more than a 1/3 chance bud

57 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

Disagree mate. He'll leave the Pies no doubt, but IMO these things get over-dramatized in the media pretty often. Clubs will still act in reasonably good faith and a fair trade will be done.

You’re 100% wrong 

1 hour ago, Lord Nev said:

Wouldn't have thought we'd be looking at Vardy and Cox if we're already tight on the salary cap and looking for what is pretty much a VFL ruck spot? Seems a strange call by the club (Preuss Mk II).

Would be surprised if the Pies accepted pick 26 for Treloar too, even in the circumstances, and even if they do, it leaves us with picks 43, 68 and 69 as it stands. Not ideal.

Both would be cheap as chips. Cox the fwd/ruc option & pies likely would pay 25% Varys OOC & would be dirt cheap ala Phillips

3 hours ago, deelusions from afar said:

Looks very good in highlights.  I wonder how Hunt's highlights would look in comparison when all put together?

The player I was keen on that is slipping away is Witherton.  Although less essentially than a small pressure forward, having Witherton in defence or the wing would definitely improve our best 22.  Looks like the eagles are ready to land him.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-trades-afl-2020-afl-trade-period-brisbane-alex-witherden-trade-talk-news-west-coast-eagles/news-story/9a54207b52081356166feeaa0cffcb31

Hunt leaves Hind in the dust, hunt has won games off his boot, Essendon this year and Hawthorne in 2016.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nudge said:

Pies won’t have a say once he picks a club, they’d have to accept a package given what’s gone on. They HAVE to trade him, simple!

4 minutes ago, Nudge said:

You’re 100% wrong 

He's still contracted, so no, they don't "HAVE" to trade him.

And ok then, if he gets traded for around pick 80 then you're completely correct and I'm 100% wrong.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Nudge said:

You’re 100% wrong 

I'm with @Lord Nev on this one. the Pies are far too smart an organisation to put themselves in the position you're assuming, they'll have a plan in place if a deal can't be done, and more than likely they'll get a deal sorted out that's a win-win. i strongly suggest it'll be the dogs for a number of reasons, but i can't really imagine a way we'd go there 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

Just now, Lord Nev said:

He's still contracted, so no, they don't "HAVE" to trade him.

And ok then, if he gets traded for around pick 80 then you're completely correct and I'm 100% wrong.

Never mentioned pick 80 it’ll be whatever deal club he picks can conjure!!! 

don’t have to trade him??? Are you actually living in the same time as the rest of us?

1 minute ago, Patches O’houlihan said:

I'm with @Lord Nev on this one. the Pies are far too smart an organisation to put themselves in the position you're assuming, they'll have a plan in place if a deal can't be done, and more than likely they'll get a deal sorted out that's a win-win. i strongly suggest it'll be the dogs for a number of reasons, but i can't really imagine a way we'd go there 

Just telling you how it is, we’re still on the bord but as stated it’s 0% unless we find a TMAC suitor. 

pies have handled this horribly and it’s untenable that’s also fact, to say they are smart and have plan etc is a absolutely ludicrous & a touch obtuse 

2 minutes ago, Nudge said:

Never mentioned pick 80 it’ll be whatever deal club he picks can conjure!!! 

don’t have to trade him??? Are you actually living in the same time as the rest of us?

To clarify for you, the post of mine you replied to was in response to someone who suggest he would be traded for pick 80. I think a reasonably fair deal will be done and you're getting sucked into the media drama.

Yes, they don't "HAVE" to trade him. He is contracted. He will get traded, we all believe that, but if we're talking facts then stick to facts.

• Like 1

Just now, Nudge said:

Just telling you how it is, we’re still on the bord but as stated it’s 0% unless we find a TMAC suitor. 

pies have handled this horribly and it’s untenable that’s also fact, to say they are smart and have plan etc is a absolutely ludicrous & a touch obtuse 

I don't know mate, i've got some pretty good connections to the Pies (I know... i know...) and i can tell you for a fact they're not actually this sloppy. there is a lot more to this story. i don't know for sure if we're into him or not, i'd be genuinely shocked for a bunch of reasons if we were. 

but i think you're running with the media narrative a little bit, and allowing yourself just enough doubt to back away if it doesn't pan out. 

Treloar has 3 possible destinations as i see it, just logistically, Essendon, Hawthorn and the dogs. i think the dogs are the most suitable because a trade is doable, they've got the cap space and he wants to go to a finals contender. 

we can't do a deal without it being a bargain basement type deal, we don't have the cap space and who knows if we're a finals contender?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Patches O’houlihan said:

I don't know mate, i've got some pretty good connections to the Pies (I know... i know...) and i can tell you for a fact they're not actually this sloppy. there is a lot more to this story. i don't know for sure if we're into him or not, i'd be genuinely shocked for a bunch of reasons if we were. 

but i think you're running with the media narrative a little bit, and allowing yourself just enough doubt to back away if it doesn't pan out. 

Treloar has 3 possible destinations as i see it, just logistically, Essendon, Hawthorn and the dogs. i think the dogs are the most suitable because a trade is doable, they've got the cap space and he wants to go to a finals contender. 

we can't do a deal without it being a bargain basement type deal, we don't have the cap space and who knows if we're a finals contender?

I think Hawks ruled themselves out today on both Treloar and Phillips, but yes they do lie and Bell walked away from Hogan 2 years ago and we know what happened then.

1 minute ago, Redleg said:

I think Hawks ruled themselves out today on both Treloar and Phillips, but yes they do lie and Bell walked away from Hogan 2 years ago and we know what happened then.

I definitely think that could be part of the strategy from their end. they'd be obviously keen on giving up less from a trade perspective but the Pies would be looking at a complete salary dump and the real value for the Hawks in getting the Pies to pay some of the salary in question. 

Will be very interesting to see what unfolds. i imagine we'd be a chance to get in on the Phillips chase if the price point was suitable for us. 

2 hours ago, Nudge said:

Do NOT sleep on Treloar, as I thought when JM spoke to traderadio —We are 100% in this but it’ll ALL depend on TMAC.

if we somehow find a suitor by Weds COB, Treloar WILL be a demon. We are his preference which has altered things but unfortunately we’re about $425k short this McDonald must find a home (word is we are even offering to pay a record % of salary) but until Cameron and Saad get done it’ll stay stagnant.

Fingers crossed, cus he’s be the ideal wingman and my info is that he’s happy to play that role which again has altered thinking. However it is still unlikely unless TMac finds a home.

This is also why BB deal isn’t done, for we’d need pk26 for any trade w/pies. Remains prob 15% chance but absolutely we ARE in it.

Couple of nibbles for other players that free some extra space but again we won’t move in those if TMAC doesn’t happen.

Others: mild interest in Vardy, A.Phillips, Xerri & Cox (only if we miss Treloar) & Witherden said no thanks to Vic as a whole. 

? 

Nudge bomb! Love it.

• Like 2

I do not think  Treloar will end up a Dee. I would give it less than a 1 in 20 chance. 

Phillips of the Filth variety is still a better than even chance. A few things need to get done to unblock the logjam. 

I think tomorrow we may get the Hannan and Preuss deals put to bed.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

38 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Mahoney and Pert have both pretty much come out and said that other then Brown, we'll be fairly quite this trade period. 

I'll believe them. No way Treloar happens.

I'm quite intrigued by this. If it's true their opinion seems to be that this list is ready to be a top 4 team.  Or if they don't think this then they don't have the salary cap or currency to bring any skilled players in.  Then again maybe there aren't any suitably skilled players in this trade period. Treloar's disposal isn't going to solve that problem and apparently neither is Tom Phillips. I guess the players we need are not out there. Saad certainly would have been one but we seem to have never been a possibility to be in that conversation. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, It's Time said:

I'm quite intrigued by this. If it's true their opinion seems to be that this list is ready to be a top 4 team.  Or if they don't think this then they don't have the salary cap or currency to bring any skilled players in.  Then again maybe there aren't any suitably skilled players in this trade period. Treloar's disposal isn't going to solve that problem and apparently neither is Tom Phillips. I guess the players we need are not out there. Saad certainly would have been one but we seem to have never been a possibility to be in that conversation. 

I feel they genuinely believe our list is capable of top 4..

Blind faith? Time will tell.

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Patches O’houlihan said:

The Pies were not far too smart to mismanage their player contracts to such an extent that they appear to need to salary cap dump multiple contracts including a player in his 28 yo season in 2021 with 5 years to go on a contract and dodgy hammies,  which has $900,000 due in 2021 and who they extended and backended to fit in Dayne Beams. They gave a 7 year $7 million contract to a ruckman who'll be 33 in the final year of the deal. They handed out above market contracts to other players after 2018 Grand Final which they're now looking to dump or extend years to smooth the yearly cap hit. Its a giant cluster.   

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

I feel they genuinely believe our list is capable of top 4..

Blind faith? Time will tell.

Would love to know what their theory is on not even making the finals this year. For me it wasn't even about not making finals. It was about the standard of play nearly all season. We've all been waiting for i50's to be fixed since Goody took over the game plan in 2016. Goody says the game plan is based around the contest but we're ranked 15th for clearances and we have Gawn, Oliver, Viney, Brayshaw, Petracca in the midfield. Where is the improvement going to come from. How is it going to come. Improved coaching, improved players? 

• Like 2