What they're saying down at Napier Street

Queanbeyan Demon

Melbourne vs Essendon, the Melksham-Hibberd-Brown trophy, Carrara, 19/09/2020, 2:10PM    

• Not having hooker in could possibly mean his papers may be stamped or woosha is sending a final f you to hooker.
  • One more game left of the stagnant Worsfold era.
  • Lose by heaps. Don’t really care. Want high draft pick. Get good player.
  • I hope we utterly [censored] up Melbourne’s season.
  • It’s possible that both Melbourne and St Kilda miss the finals. That would be brilliant.
  • Melbourne have a lot to play for so it would be hilarious if we beat them.
  • I reckon we’ll win. Will be amusing to boot Melbourne out of the finals. I almost feel sorry for them if they make it, they’re 12 months ahead of us.
  • Flip side, if we lose I sort of want us lose properly so Dees percentage gets above St Kilda and St Kilda miss the 8. That would be funny.
  • Our most likely outcomes are 11th or 14th imo. Pick 8 vs pick 5.
  • Happy with a top 10 pick, so let’s see 'em [censored] MELBZ:beer::beer::beer.
  • 3 more sleeps till worsfold finishes.
  • Please ruin Melbourne’s season. I dislike them very much.
  • Only real interest for me is whether I captain Oliver or Petracca in SuperCoach.
  • [censored] Football.[censored] Covid.[censored] Melbourne.And most importantly.[censored] CARLTON!!!
  • Pls just make it stop. How can a 17 round season with shortened quarters feel so laborious? I just want Cricket now before Seven axe it.
  • Hilariously bad decision ff Nathan Jones goes on, he’s been done for 2 years.
  • If Saintz win tonight can we just mutually agree with Dees to call this game off?
  • Mitch Brown to kick 6..... step right up.
  • I welcome the chance for Melbourne to kick Collingwood out of the 8.
  • Nothing surer than a win. put the house on it. everyone can go into the off season saying "it's finally clicked".
  • Winning this is such an Essendon thing to. Losing this is such a Melbourne thing to do. Match made in heaven.
  • I'm not looking forward to Oliver, Petracca and Viney pummelling the midget crew.
  • Melbourne choke or Melbourne by 100 are equally as likely.
  • You’d have to consider who he is playing on. Kosi ? Maybe Melky. I’d say yes.

• Haha 1

I hope we utterly [censored] up Melbourne’s season.

We're way ahead of you boys. 

I almost feel sorry for them if they make it, they’re 12 months ahead of us.

On the road to obscurity ? 

I welcome the chance for Melbourne to kick Collingwood out of the 8.

Eh ? 

You’d have to consider who he is playing on. Kosi ? Maybe Melky. I’d say yes.

They know Melky plays for us now ? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Queanbeyan Demon said:

Winning this is such an Essendon thing to. Losing this is such a Melbourne thing to do. Match made in heaven.

At least one of them follows the AFL.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Always refreshing.  I love the 'Melbourne are 12 months ahead of us'.

Is it possible that Bomber fans don't realise that their club is imploding?  They may as well have not participated in the draft for the last three years, partly just because they kept making mediocre selections and partly to bring in Saad, Smith, Shiel and Stringer.

That's four players at the peak age range now and you wouldn't say any of them are failures, but meanwhile there's basically nothing younger than Andrew McGrath on their list.

Anyway, I do hope we shatter them completely, for our own benefit and to make them mentally put a line through 'the Worsfold years' and think that things will be better now without radical change.  The longer Essendon stagnate and slide, the better for football.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Little Goffy said:

Always refreshing.  I love the 'Melbourne are 12 months ahead of us'.

Is it possible that Bomber fans don't realise that their club is imploding?  They may as well have not participated in the draft for the last three years, partly just because they kept making mediocre selections and partly to bring in Saad, Smith, Shiel and Stringer.

That's four players at the peak age range now and you wouldn't say any of them are failures, but meanwhile there's basically nothing younger than Andrew McGrath on their list.

Anyway, I do hope we shatter them completely, for our own benefit and to make them mentally put a line through 'the Worsfold years' and think that things will be better now without radical change.  The longer Essendon stagnate and slide, the better for football.

Better overall for all concerned if they won tomorrow actually. 

1 hour ago, Queanbeyan Demon said:

Better overall for all concerned if they won tomorrow actually. 

A damaging enough failure for Worsfold's final game will mess with their heads just as much as a win.

Meanwhile, I'll never let go of the ultimate prize - getting smacked by West Coast in Perth in a final. ?

4 hours ago, Dr.D said:

meaningless game.  hoping for a 10 goal loss so it adds more pressure on Goodwin 

Good to see people back in the old Melbourne mentality of wanting to lose. 

Say hello to cuddles while you’re back in 2009. 

• Like 1

Enjoy listening to another year of Goodwin dribble about 'key learnings', 'not where we want to be as a footy club', 'got to be better' and another year of not getting the best out of a good list. You dont get a trophy for making finals. Nothing other than top 4 should have been acceptable. 

This is their little image for the week 

They reckon they will beat us 

- like many clubs, they think we are weak and easybeats
-they are stinking it up over Hooker being out 

- they want to win it for woosha

bunch of morons

Dees have to win this one no natter what happens with Dogs

Really hate the f&$$)(!?!$&(*^*%n bummers

E667E3CD-BD5A-4C28-BDCC-F6F3931853FA.jpeg