• Podcast:      

Sign in to follow this  
Demonland

TRAINING: Wednesday 12th February 2020

Just now, Satyriconhome said:

Vanders is fine, spoke to him

Tommy Mc just rolled his ankle slightly, he is fine

Crossy pounded Gus and Joel Smith for 2 hours, so no issue there, asked Gus about the arm, tracking fine

Hibberd just had a 'small' cork, trained fully

News on Corey Wagner?

Did Dunkley train? Heard he was in a moonboot.

4 minutes ago, george_on_the_outer said:

Smith can't be far away, and while he is running freely, he was still kicking the ball left foot only.  BB and I cannot work out what sort of foot injury can allow one and not the other?  Chandler was also doing repeat 50-100's, but the wrist is something that is only cured by time.  Same for Brayshaw and his elbow.

I'm not even sure which foot would be under more stress in a kicking action. The one that kicks the ball or the one that's planted firmly in the ground with all the body weight going through it? 

3 minutes ago, george_on_the_outer said:

Smith can't be far away, and while he is running freely, he was still kicking the ball left foot only.  BB and I cannot work out what sort of foot injury can allow one and not the other?

Surely it’s as simple as the cut on his foot that he had over summer? Otherwise it is a bit of an odd one if it continues.

Just now, dazzledavey36 said:

News on Corey Wagner?

Did Dunkley train? Heard he was in a moonboot.

C Wagner walking laps, no sign of Dunkley

I thought Jackson would take time, but he is getting better and better each session, although learnt a bit going one on one with New, despite the height advantage, Nev nudged him off the line of the ball a couple of times to take easy marks, Jackson probably thought he had him for size

The mark from Kossie was a thing of beauty, even Nev was impressed

I bloody missed it as well with the camera

Standouts for me today in the 'footy were Langdon, Jones, Nev and Lieutenant  Lever

• Like 13
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

Tommy has dodgy ankles, he tweaked one before Christmas. Did it at least once in a game last year.

short of more reconstructions I’m not sure what can be done to strengthen and tighten them up.

would love to see him turn like an athlete and not the QE2 this year

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

This excites me.

It excites me too unfortunately due to injuries he'll be forced to be played out of position in the ruck. [censored] it's hard to be a Melbourne supporter.

• Like 1

Just now, Demonland said:

It excites me too unfortunately due to injuries he'll be forced to be played out of position in the ruck. [censored] it's hard to be a Melbourne supporter.

Calm, we have Weid and Tomlinson as well, Weid has been doing a lot of extra ruck work, play Jackson up forward and Weid in the ruck

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Demonland said:

@Satyriconhome did you wish Nev a happy birthday?

Of course, my lovely lady gave him his card on Monday so she could get her hug from Nev😀😂😁

Edited by Satyriconhome
  • Like 3

With the way the players and staff are being overly cautious with any minor tweek or injury, I wonder if this is a result of the review last year where they may have discovered that they didn't give enough attention to even the most minor of incidences, and as a result allowed worse injuries to occur.

If so, it would explain why everything is being checked out and assessed this year. Sadly, it's adding increased anxiety for us fans.

Edited by AshleyH30
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

So Tmac, what's the latest track watchers>? Is he hobbling? Iced ankles?

No, he walked back to AAMI with no discomfort

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Demonland said:

Thanks @Scoop Junior. I've updated the injury list.

PLAYER INJURY LENGTH
BRAYSHAW Angus.png Angus Brayshaw Elbow TBA
CHANDLER Kade.png Kade Chandler Wrist TBA
DUNKLEY Kyle.png Kyle Dunkley Ankle TBA
GAWN Max.png Max Gawn Knee TBA
HANNAN Mitch.png Mitch Hannan ???? TBA
MAY Steven.png Steven May Knee TBA
PETTY Harrison.png Harrison Petty ???? TBA
SMITH Joel.png Joel Smith Foot TBA
VANDENBERG Aaron.png Aaron vandenBerg Foot TBA
PREUSS Braydon.png Braydon Preuss Knee 8-10 Weeks
BENNELL Harley.png Harley Bennell Calf Indefinite
KOLODJASHNIJ Kade.png Kade Kolodjashnij Head Indefinite
NIETSCHKE Aaron.png Aaron Nietschke Knee Season

Maybe it’s easier to mention the players that aren’t injured, might be shorter. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

Calm, we have Weid and Tomlinson as well, Weid has been doing a lot of extra ruck work, play Jackson up forward and Weid in the ruck

This does nothing to ease my anxiety as you are just shuffling more players out of position. Help! The sky is literally falling.

• Like 3

The season is a marathon, id expect a few niggles with a new training regime compared to previous ones, im tipping since they got teh footy's out pretty much straight away, you are going to get some impact injuries and footy related ankles and corkies. 

Id love some clarity on if we have an available spot on the list due to Nietschke knee injury.. can he be placed on LTI list and replaced?

• Like 1

Just now, Nelo said:

Maybe it’s easier to mention the players that aren’t injured, might be shorter. 

One of the Wagners had his knee iced up at the end of training. AVB was out there but didn’t notice how much he participated. 

8 minutes ago, Demonland said:

This does nothing to ease my anxiety as you are just shuffling more players out of position. Help! The sky is literally falling.

Explains all this low cloud in Melbourne

• Haha 1

I was the mouse today and got the cheese, commitments meant I wasn't there until about 9.45.

Over to rehab where the participants were:  Smith, Brayshaw, Chandler, Gawn.  All but Gawn did a ton of running with a little bit of kicking and ball work.  Gawn was running a little bit more freely than Monday I thought and doesn't have a brace but just bandages.  Cory Wagner was there but I didn't see him do anything although when I got there nothing was on his knee but when I left it was iced so I assume he did some running before I got there.  Bennell was at training doing nothing as were Vanders, Petty and Mitch Hannan.  The good news, which has already been reported is that Spargo and Melk were in full training and there was no sign of Hibberd in rehab.

It was a quiet day.  Whites v Blues in ball up and boundary throw in clearance drills.  Blues with Weed as ruck got away to a good start with Oliver, Petracca and Langdon dominating but the whites fought back with Viney, Tomlinson and Jordan working with Bradke. 

We were hoping for some genuine match practice with umpires present but no such luck.  The session ended with some teachings which we thought was interchange stuff.

Other than that not much to report.  TMac's situation is well covered already, Kossies mark was spectacular, Dunkley was a no show, Neita was walking around which was nice to see and we're a week and a bit away from our first hit out.  My preseason duties are all but over as I can't make it on Monday.  It's been great fun down at Gosch's and good to catch up with old mates Saty, George, Tim and Scoop from time to time.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 10
  • Love 1

How has Lever's disposal been this preseason?

Before he did his knee he seemed quite reliable but last year he was our turnover king coming out of the backline.  I'm hoping with a full preseason and more confidence in his body, he'll be much improved this year.

24 minutes ago, AshleyH30 said:

With the way the players and staff are being overly cautious with any minor tweek or injury, I wonder if this is a result of the review last year where they may have discovered that they didn't give enough attention to even the most minor of incidences, and as a result allowed worse injuries to occur.

If so, it would explain why everything is being checked out and assessed this year. Sadly, it's adding increased anxiety for us fans.

I have no idea what you mean.

giphy.gif

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

Is it possible Joel Smith is kicking  on the left because on Wednesdays some players are encouraged to kick left foot only?

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Demonland said:

The 199cm ruckman being forced to play out of position in the ruck? Not sure that’s something to get too upset over.

The absolute best version of Jackson is if he can be great as a forward and mid but it’s also going to be having him in the ruck so we get 4 mids.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Demonland said:

Thanks @Scoop Junior. I've updated the injury list.

PLAYER INJURY LENGTH
BRAYSHAW Angus.png Angus Brayshaw Elbow TBA
CHANDLER Kade.png Kade Chandler Wrist TBA
DUNKLEY Kyle.png Kyle Dunkley Ankle TBA
GAWN Max.png Max Gawn Knee TBA
HANNAN Mitch.png Mitch Hannan ???? TBA
MAY Steven.png Steven May Knee TBA
PETTY Harrison.png Harrison Petty ???? TBA
SMITH Joel.png Joel Smith Foot TBA
VANDENBERG Aaron.png Aaron vandenBerg Foot TBA
PREUSS Braydon.png Braydon Preuss Knee 8-10 Weeks
BENNELL Harley.png Harley Bennell Calf Indefinite
KOLODJASHNIJ Kade.png Kade Kolodjashnij Head Indefinite
NIETSCHKE Aaron.png Aaron Nietschke Knee Season

Mitch is still recovering from the knee injury from last year I think. 

28 minutes ago, deeology said:

Mitch is still recovering from the knee injury from last year I think. 

Hannan's knees are fine, it was groin related, he is nearly back in main group

• Like 3