• Podcast: Draft Wrap Up w/Jason Taylor  

Sign in to follow this  
Demonland

TRAINING: Wednesday 12th February 2020

1 hour ago, DeeSpencer said:

The 199cm ruckman being forced to play out of position in the ruck? Not sure that’s something to get too upset over.

The absolute best version of Jackson is if he can be great as a forward and mid but it’s also going to be having him in the ruck so we get 4 mids.

My attempt at humour got lost in text form.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Demonland said:

Thanks @Scoop Junior. I've updated the injury list.

PLAYER INJURY LENGTH
BRAYSHAW Angus.png Angus Brayshaw Elbow TBA
CHANDLER Kade.png Kade Chandler Wrist TBA
DUNKLEY Kyle.png Kyle Dunkley Ankle TBA
GAWN Max.png Max Gawn Knee TBA
HANNAN Mitch.png Mitch Hannan ???? TBA
MAY Steven.png Steven May Knee TBA
PETTY Harrison.png Harrison Petty ???? TBA
SMITH Joel.png Joel Smith Foot TBA
VANDENBERG Aaron.png Aaron vandenBerg Foot TBA
PREUSS Braydon.png Braydon Preuss Knee 8-10 Weeks
BENNELL Harley.png Harley Bennell Calf Indefinite
KOLODJASHNIJ Kade.png Kade Kolodjashnij Head Indefinite
NIETSCHKE Aaron.png Aaron Nietschke Knee Season

13 injured players in pre season when we were meant to be flying with a nearly  full squad.

This is why I am now ignoring pre season.

Add Spargo and Tom MAC to make it 15.

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Redleg said:

13 injured players in pre season when we were meant to be flying with a nearly  full squad.

This is why I am now ignoring pre season.

Add Spargo and Tom MAC to make it 15.

Spargo trained with the full group today. Here is the full "injury" list.

PLAYER INJURY LENGTH
HANNAN Mitch.png Mitch Hannan Groin TBA
MCDONALD Tom.png Tom McDonald Ankle TBA
PETTY Harrison.png Harrison Petty Groin TBA
WAGNER Corey.png Corey Wagner Knee TBA
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Demonland said:
  PLAYER INJURY LENGTH
HANNAN Mitch.png Mitch Hannan Groin TBA
MCDONALD Tom.png Tom McDonald Ankle TBA
PETTY Harrison.png Harrison Petty Groin TBA
WAGNER Corey.png Corey Wagner Knee TBA

Great to see that our injury list still includes Vandenberg, Kolodjashnij, Smith, Nietschke and Hannan. The same five fringe players who crippled our depth for (almost the) entirety of last season. Add Bennell into the mix and we are carrying far too many players who miss far too much football.

If May, McDonald and Gawn don't play 20 games each this year we are screwed.

• Shocked 1
  • Angry 2

4 minutes ago, poita said:

Great to see that our injury list still includes Vandenberg, Kolodjashnij, Smith, Nietschke and Hannan. The same five fringe players who crippled our depth for (almost the) entirety of last season. Add Bennell into the mix and we are carrying far too many players who miss far too much football.

Only you

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, poita said:

That injury list is not as big as it seems, Gus is fine his fit and has done almost all of the preseason, only resting his elbow and he has not missed 1 running session, tmac at this stage is not injured, just a slight rolled ankle, may will be back running next week, gawn has done the whole preseason, and will be back running next week, Smith is fine was kicking only on left not because of injury, but was told to only kick on that foot for practice, MFCSS  is going into overdrive with fake news.

Edited by don't make me angry
  • Like 7

[censored] settle down.

Of that list, the only ones that are certain "non-starters" for Round 1 would be Bennell, Preuss, KK and Nietschke. 

The rest we either don't know their situation eg. Smith (full training today) and VDB, or they are close to being back in the main group. 

I'd argue that out of those 4 certain non-starters maybe 1 is a best 22 but he hasn't played for 4 years. 

Of the rest of the "injury list", I'd only have Brayshaw, Gawn, May and McDonald in best 22. Brayshaw's elbow will be right, Gawn will be right come round 1 as will McDonald. Hopefully May as well.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Satyriconhome said:

Hannan's knees are fine, it was groin related, he is nearly back in main group

I spoke to Mitch Tuesday last week and he said he was 1 1/2 weeks away from joining the main group. I would say that means this Friday or at the latest next Monday. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Satyriconhome said:

The 30 yr old can still get airborne

With the way out luck is going I hope he didn’t injure himself on the landing!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Satyriconhome said:

Either TMac has a hand growing out of his shoulder, or that's a free kick, unfortunately. Hope he's being pulled up on those sorts of things so they're rectified prior to the season proper. (The LJ free kick I mean, not TMac's 3rd hand)

7 hours ago, Jaded said:

Please someone tell me Tmac is OK? 
Dropping like flies. Typical Melbourne. 

Sending you a hug Jaded

:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, ding said:

Sending you a hug Jaded

:)

I need it. 

Wedding in 4 weeks. Just had major abdominal surgery. And now to top it off these endless injury reports. 
It’s too much!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

How’s the Riv been tracking? Does he look as though he’s a chance for round 1?

1 minute ago, ben russell said:

How’s the Riv been tracking? Does he look as though he’s a chance for round 1?

I can see why Jason Taylor was anxious on draft night 2, just looks classy, may be a bit early, earn his spot at Casey 

Beautiful kick

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I need it. 

Wedding in 4 weeks. Just had major abdominal surgery. And now to top it off these endless injury reports. 
It’s too much!

Good luck Jaded, wishing you a speedy recovery for your big day. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I need it. 

It’s too much!

Who is getting married? A wedding should only be stressful if you are the one getting married, or its your child, (Or if you are the photographer/caterer/bridal party/videographer etc)

Don't worry about the injuries until we start adding top 10 players with long term issues.

Reckon we will go alright this year. When we do i will be happy to buy you a calming wine at one of the MCG bars.

#ConfidenceInMFC

P.S. good luck with your post surgery recovery.

Edited by ding

5 minutes ago, ding said:

Who is getting married? A wedding should only be stressful if you are the one getting married, or its your child, (Or if you are the photographer/caterer/bridal party/videographer etc)

Don't worry about the injuries until we start adding top 10 players with long term issues.

Reckon we will go alright this year. When we do i will be happy to buy you a calming wine at one of the MCG bars.

#ConfidenceInMFC

P.S. good luck with your post surgery recovery.

It’s my wedding. Wedding planning is about as enjoyable and good value for money as being a Melbourne member. 
A lot of stress for a day of good fun. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Haha 4
  • Shocked 1