Splitting Draft Pick 3

Demon3

POLL  

259 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, Clintosaurus said:

Clickbait from Trade Radio to get more clowns to listen and/or phone up. Probably get a heap of Saints flogs sooking that Brad Hill is 'theirs'.

It's an absolute joke this year trade.

They need to have it no more then a week, get deals done,and move on. 

The AFL don't do things right, it's a shambles.

2 minutes ago, deebug said:

The AFL don't do things right, it's a shambles.

It's all about dominating the news cycle 24/7, 365. No other sporting competition anywhere has this obsession.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Beetle said:

Would we consider pick 6 and GWS’ 2020 first round pick for pick 3? 

This is the deal I'd be looking at if they are only offering Bonar. Maybe even pick 3 plus our 3rd for 6, 2020 1st and Bonar. I'd then be chatting to the Dogs about swapping either our or GWS 2020 1st for their 1st this year. The Dogs have a gun academy kid next year so will be making move to get extra points for 2020.

We could then potentially hit the draft with 7 plus 14/15 (both likely to be moved down 1 or 2 spots with academy picks - Green for sure, maybe if we get those picks we tell Freo we'll bid on Henry early and they then accept a future 2nd for Langdon instead of this years!) and still have a first round next year. 

Just now, Collar-Jazz-Knee said:

Surely we have some sort of deal already worked out with GWS, otherwise what was the point of them moving down to pick 6.

This was my thought too. Pick 6 unlikely to be enough but will get Mahoney to the negotiation table. He specified top 10 was requirement when splitting 3. 6 ticks that box. Looking forward to see what comes with it. Wondering if they'll get another club involved still. Both us and gws are already dealing with the Hawks.... 

Would Hawks part with pick 11 too get all 3 of Patton, Frost and Bonar? Would likely require some late/future pick shuffling.

To answer my own question: No, not likely but just for fun  

GWS:

Out 6, Patton, Bonar In: 3

Hawks:

Out: 11 In: Patton, Frost, Bonar

Dee's:

Out: 3, Frost In: 6, 11

Man it's too early for crazy trades

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ArtificialWisdom said:

This was my thought too. Pick 6 unlikely to be enough but will get Mahoney to the negotiation table. He specified top 10 was requirement when splitting 3. 6 ticks that box. Looking forward to see what comes with it. Wondering if they'll get another club involved still. Both us and gws are already dealing with the Hawks.... 

Would Hawks part with pick 11 too get all 3 of Patton, Frost and Bonar? Would likely require some late/future pick shuffling.

To answer my own question: No, not likely but just for fun  

GWS:

Out 6, Patton, Bonar In: 3

Hawks:

Out: 11 In: Patton, Frost, Bonar

Dee's:

Out: 3, Frost In: 6, 11

Man it's too early for crazy trades

We'd  need to include more picks. Maybe give Hawks our 2020 2nd and pick 47

Then trade pick 6, 22 and 2020 3rd for Langdon and Hill?

6 minutes ago, whelan45 said:

Are GWS in a worse position points wise after that trade? If so that would strengthen our hand. They really need 3 to make it worth it

Yes, 12 & 18 are worth more, points wise, than 6. So you would assume GWS are trying to get our 3

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, whelan45 said:

Are GWS in a worse position points wise after that trade? If so that would strengthen our hand. They really need 3 to make it worth it

Yep, lets see how bad they want it...

This is where we can stand a bit firmer

EDIT The St. Kilda trade for pick 6 is a cat amongst the pigeons in all of this  

Edited by The Stigga

3 minutes ago, whelan45 said:

GWS want pick 3 to get a player in before anyone bids on Green.  Could we be involved in this

Sydney: Get Daniher, future 3rd pick  out Pick 5 and Papley

Carlton: Get Papley and Pick 26 Out Pick 9 and 43 

Essendon: Get Pick 3 and 43 Out Daniher

Melb: Get 5 and 9 out 3 and 26 future third round pick

We go to draft with 5, 9 and 50, keep Round 1, 2 and 2 x 4th rounders in 2020 and add Langdon/Tomlinson 

3 minutes ago, drdrake said:

GWS want pick 3 to get a player in before anyone bids on Green.  Could we be involved in this

Sydney: Get Daniher, future 3rd pick  out Pick 5 and Papley

Carlton: Get Papley and Pick 26 Out Pick 9 and 43 

Essendon: Get Pick 3 and 43 Out Daniher

Melb: Get 5 and 9 out 3 and 26 future third round pick

We go to draft with 5, 9 and 50, keep Round 1, 2 and 2 x 4th rounders in 2020 and add Langdon/Tomlinson 

What's this got to do with GWS though?

7 minutes ago, Collar-Jazz-Knee said:

What's this got to do with GWS though?

Nothing it is another option outside getting Pick 6 plus something, really all they can offer us is future first rounder which really will be 10-18 or a player.  Or we get involved in other deals to try and get 2 top 10 picks for this year

Pick 6 and the proceeds from Bonar / Patton trades for pick 3.
Come on GWS, roll up your sleeves and get it done.

Remember - if our trade with GWS is a pick swap ONLY then we can do it after the trade period ends.

No need to man the panic stations with minutes to go on Wednesday.

• Like 1

It would be interesting to see a list of assets from our end that would compliment pick 3 well enough to trade down to pick 6. 

I personally wouldn't mind (excluding superstars who we'd clearly want)

Finlayson

Williams 

Caldwell

Hill

2020 first round pick 

Daniels 

7 minutes ago, Patches O’houlihan said:

Williams

It would take me 0.00000004 seconds to accept Zac Williams and 6 for 3. Sadly it will not be a possibility.

3 minutes ago, Clintosaurus said:

It would take me 0.00000004 seconds to accept Zac Williams and 6 for 3. Sadly it will not be a possibility.

I agree, they wouldn't even think about it, but i also think we'd be silly not to ask

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Patches O’houlihan said:

It would be interesting to see a list of assets from our end that would compliment pick 3 well enough to trade down to pick 6. 

I personally wouldn't mind (excluding superstars who we'd clearly want)

Finlayson

Williams 

Caldwell

Hill

2020 first round pick 

Daniels 

I was thinking Daniels would be a good fit. But would we ask for more? Hill only just signed not long ago, so I doubt we would get him.

2 minutes ago, Grimes Times said:

The Dogs have a top 10 Academy pick next year.

Would we do 26 and next year round 2 for the dogs pick13??? 

Gives us our 2nd low pick while keeping 3 and gives dog points for next year??

We would but don't think dogs do it 

But I'm not expert

Edited by blue and red in the head
Added more

8 minutes ago, Grimes Times said:

The Dogs have a top 10 Academy pick next year.

Would we do 26 and next year round 2 for the dogs pick13??? 

Gives us our 2nd low pick while keeping 3 and gives dog points for next year??

Yes, then Swap 3 and next years first for Ben King