Doom and Gloom, some light reading.

dieter

If you can maintain a sense of humour reading the armageddon topics and posts on Demonland since the pooh hit the fan early in the season you'd think there is NO LIFE AFTER THE DEMISE IN 2019 OF THE MFC. 

I'm here to balance things a bit. Let's look at this week's results for a start. Almost all of the games involved what we called once Thrashings. Melbourne was one of the few who weren't demolished. In fact, this team of dastards and underachievers hasn't been thrashed since early in the season, but if you mention this, it's Goody putting his spin on things. That's the bright side.

Then there's the Misson Catastrophe, major in the eyes of some posters. A conspiracy theorist might wish to imply Misson was planted by the AFL to totally ROON us. For the record, I don't believe this is or was the case. Most other teams have suffered injurious slings and arrows as well. Only Misson can be blamed for ours, including the lamentable fact of life that after the 2018 season which saw many Demons on their last legs and in need of the the interventions of many surgeons. That was/is obviously Misson's fault as well.

Then there's the rabble rousing bleats about the efficacy of the Coach. Well, in my estimation, he's the same coach who got Melbourne within a bee's protruding bit to a final in 2017, to a Prelim in 2018. So it MUST  be his fault that in 2019 the wheels fell off.

Then there's the new Ceo, Gary Pert. Obviously as much of the blame for all this MUST be to do with him and the Board. A Ceo and the Board are in total charge of operations after all, therefore it must be ALL THEIR FAULT EXCEPT FOR GOODWIN'S FAULT AND MISSON'S FAULT.

Then there's the Il Capitano's, both hopeless leaders, let's trade one of them, force the other to retire and let's appoint ....well who we don't know but when we do all will be solved, except for Pert, Misson, the Board, Goodwin and the Umpires, we mustn't forget about them...Oh, I forgot, Misson is gone, gone gone.

Oh, and Chaplin, Rooke, Macca and blow me down, Plapp, anyone else we can blame????????

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, dieter said:

If you can maintain a sense of humour reading the armageddon topics and posts on Demonland since the pooh hit the fan early in the season you'd think there is NO LIFE AFTER THE DEMISE IN 2019 OF THE MFC. 

I'm here to balance things a bit. Let's look at this week's results for a start. Almost all of the games involved what we called once Thrashings. Melbourne was one of the few who weren't demolished. In fact, this team of dastards and underachievers hasn't been thrashed since early in the season, but if you mention this, it's Goody putting his spin on things. That's the bright side.

Then there's the Misson Catastrophe, major in the eyes of some posters. A conspiracy theorist might wish to imply Misson was planted by the AFL to totally ROON us. For the record, I don't believe this is or was the case. Most other teams have suffered injurious slings and arrows as well. Only Misson can be blamed for ours, including the lamentable fact of life that after the 2018 season which saw many Demons on their last legs and in need of the the interventions of many surgeons. That was/is obviously Misson's fault as well.

Then there's the rabble rousing bleats about the efficacy of the Coach. Well, in my estimation, he's the same coach who got Melbourne within a bee's protruding bit to a final in 2017, to a Prelim in 2018. So it MUST  be his fault that in 2019 the wheels fell off.

Then there's the new Ceo, Gary Pert. Obviously as much of the blame for all this MUST be to do with him and the Board. A Ceo and the Board are in total charge of operations after all, therefore it must be ALL THEIR FAULT EXCEPT FOR GOODWIN'S FAULT AND MISSON'S FAULT.

Then there's the Il Capitano's, both hopeless leaders, let's trade one of them, force the other to retire and let's appoint ....well who we don't know but when we do all will be solved, except for Pert, Misson, the Board, Goodwin and the Umpires, we mustn't forget about them...Oh, I forgot, Misson is gone, gone gone.

Oh, and Chaplin, Rooke, Macca and blow me down, Plapp, anyone else we can blame????????

Nice post dieter, if that is your real name. The anger on here in the last couple of weeks makes me laugh. I take the view that it's generally not as good or bad as it seems.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, chookrat said:

Nice post dieter, if that is your real name. The anger on here in the last couple of weeks makes me laugh. I take the view that it's generally not as good or bad as it seems.

Ya, it's my real name, always had difficulty spelling it, but in the end I'd rather be called Dieter than Chookrat - that's meant to be a joke, as Mark Twain said, German jokes may not always be laughing matters, or words to them affects...❤??

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, dieter said:

Good post Dieiter, It takes a Braybrook boy to write a common sense post.

• Like 1

This is just going 180 degrees to other extreme of the spectrum. Another post, like all of the "wrist slashing" that could do with 14 more rounds before we can assess whether the tone is accurate. Or whether the doom and gloom being satirized was actually accurately doomy and gloomy.

Edited by John Demonic

It has been painful and humbling to watch how consistently below part and just off the pace we have been in the back half of the season particularly.  I feel like on many occasions we have been 'competitive' with good teams for big portions of games, but just haven't had the grunt to stay with them at critical times in the game and get wins out if a few more of them which kind of works against being able to label us as being competitive.  But at the end of the day, it doesn't feel anything like the depths of despair of the Bailey or Neeld days either.

Being behind the eight ball and not being able to recover on the injury front hasn't helped either.  In a similar light, our drafting of recent times has been criticized, but it doesn't help that we have hardly been able to get our two highest picks from the last two drafts out on the park this season.  Charlie Spargo may never be a Brownlow winner, but did show last year he can make a pretty handy contribution and with further development and maturity could be very much best 22 material and everyone had fairly high expectations of Tom Sparrow.

The season has become something of a grind to watch out as a MFC supporter and lately I don't know why I continue to do it to myself, but for watching some improved performances from the likes of Trac, Petty and Fritta.

• Like 2

Water finds its level. We are comfortable being competitive and a few goals off the pace. Incredibly misleading to believe just a few extra goals win those games. You gotta perform when the heat is on.

8 minutes ago, Sorry kids said:

Water finds its level. We are comfortable being competitive and a few goals off the pace. Incredibly misleading to believe just a few extra goals win those games. You gotta perform when the heat is on.

You and a certain amount of supporters may think way, but I very much doubt whether the players do.

We are the weirdest ever second last. We were horrendous in our decayed decade. We copped hiding after hiding. Back then we were a deserved last or second last. A few times we finished second last, but were actually worse than the team finishing last. This year we are far from the worst side, we stay in games, battle them out, but keep getting beaten by our lack of a forward line. We are developing a good backline, already have the makings of a good on ball brigade, all that's left is the need for line break runners and another forward target. We will be much better next year.

• Like 3