Welcome to Demonland: Jake Lever

9 minutes ago, Deeprived Childhood said:

Well the South Australians 'vic bias' complex is anything but rational. Let's hope it never comes to the draft, but if it does and in the extreme for hypothetical sake: 

I would be concerned that if Collingwood got him for pick 6 in the nab draft, he has no choice but to play for two years or not sign, in that case he would be crazy to not sign (if we are not willing to pay him an extra 750k for a missed year in the next contract that we offer in 2018) And if we are willing to pay him for a missed year the following year with a bigger contract offer, how would we go about picking him up next year? 

It's the same situatuion for Collingwood as per prior posts with North and Saints.

Collingwood would need to reserve the cap space for Lever, and that would prevent them getting involved in other potential player trades. Plus they risk Melbourne and Adelaide agreeing to a trade late and Lever not even being in the draft.

So yes it's possible, but unlikely as it's a really risky play.

If Collingwood conspire with Adelaide to get Lever across with anything other than a fair isolated trade in the AFL's eyes, which Lever needs to agree to, that's draft tampering.

Edited by Lampers
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Not if invested well

There are many other reasons as well . 

I reckon I have more chance of winning Tattslotto than the the odds of Adelaide making a 'statement' by forcing Jake Leaver into the draft.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Of course there are, but good quality investment makes the pot grow larger

Where are you going with this?

Just now, nosoupforme said:

Where are you going with this?

Not sure. I was wondering the same thing!! :)

i was more interested in finding Brett Burton Quotes as i missed all the news today, but with 128 pages that is not easy!!

5 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Not sure. I was wondering the same thing!! :)

i was more interested in finding Brett Burton Quotes as i missed all the news today, but with 128 pages that is not easy!!

That's fine no issue there . i understand.

• Like 1

Who is a better player,  Dangerfield, tom Mitchell or lever, so Adelaide what more then Sydney got for Mitchell, and as almost as much as danger, Adelaide can get 2 very good players at 10 and 27,  that give them 4 picks inside top 40, that's good for a top side

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, don't make me angry said:

Who is a better player,  Dangerfield, tom Mitchell or lever, so Adelaide what more then Sydney got for Mitchell, and as almost as much as danger, Adelaide can get 2 very good players at 10 and 27,  that give them 4 picks inside top 40, that's good for a top side

It is but it won't help them if they are not Adelaide born. They might take off before too long.

4 minutes ago, nosoupforme said:

It is but it won't help them if they are not Adelaide born. They might take off before too long.

Stuff them Scott Thomson played 300 games, pretty good player it's pay back time. They can pick SA kids, they are the second best footy state, they could have picked Graham, who kicked 3 goals in the GF, if they can't see good players under their  noses then they should wake up.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, don't make me angry said:

Stuff them Scott Thomson played 300 games, pretty good player it's pay back time. They can pick SA kids, they are the second best footy state, they could have picked Graham, who kicked 3 goals in the GF, if they can't see good players under their  noses then they should wake up.

Yes, you are right there. I was shattered when Thompson went back. 

28 minutes ago, DemonOX said:

Amoung others in Adelaide except for dees supporters. 

I remember going to Adelaide in the 90s, they are full on 24 hrs a day Football when its off season.

Here's an insanely fun idea. How about as part of the 10 + 27 Lever deal: we trade our 2018 picks for Adelaides 2018 picks. It would be the ultimate battle within a battle. Back ourselves in to go past them. Would be the ultimate show of bravado. We'd collectively need two gigantic balls to do it though.

Edited by Deeprived Childhood

I can't express enough love for the current MFC admin. Mahoney straight and up front with the media. We didn't low-ball the Crows with our initial offer, but were very fair in line with our recent trading history. No histrionics, while providing reasonable recent trading precedents and showing up the Crows for being hypocrites re. Gibbs. PR battle won without breaking a sweat, with great short and long-term benefits. I don't see it, but I really hope we don't break from here.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Deeprived Childhood said:

Which puts Collingwood pitted squarely in the ring against us. There might be a conspiring of both Adel+Coll parties on this one and has been for months.

With Lever's manager joining Colllingwood they are not in the race for Lever.

They are the only team reportedly prepared to offer 2 1st round picks.  It was probably a rumour to make out there is a bidding war to force our hand.

So there isn't much competition out there for the price Adelaide is asking. 

The ink isn't dry but Adel don't have much bargaining power.  And the AFL will step in to make it happen if it has to.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

6 hours ago, nosoupforme said:

Yes, you are right there. I was shattered when Thompson went back. 

Tell me about my son named our dog Scotty after him, because he loved him so much, even took him to training and he seemed such a nice guy.

Just now, Deeprived Childhood said:

Scotty?? That's like having a dog named Glenn or Mikey

Yer what can you do? Back then he was 12 years old and loved ST, we still have the dog his 17 years old now and still going strong. My son even taught him how to mark a footy and he can also kick a round ball.

v

• Like 1

Adelaide fans want to make Lever walk to the draft to "make a statement" to other clubs. That statement would be "if you won't pay our price, we're willing to accept nothing at all".

I really get a kick out of how totally moronic people can get when it comes to their footy teams. Emotion has trumped all reason, and not in a good Titus way. There is absolutely no way Lever will make it to the draft. None.

• Like 12

My take away from the last few days is that the crows low balled jake big time with the first offer, he cracked it and put himself out there and by the time the crows came back with a more reasonable offer he’d decided to leave. 

It sounds like the infighting from half time at the grand final hasn’t stopped. If you want to blame someone look at your key forwards and captain who looked totally shell shocked on the big stage. Lever was very solid despite being tagged and had nothing to do with the crows losing the gane

• Like 5

There wasn't this c%$# when Dangerfield wanted to go back home, but for some reason they seem hell bent on trying to f#*^% us over. I wonder if we can go to the AFL and say the offer we have put up for Lever is fair and giving up two first round picks is just too much for one player.