Delistings/trades at end of the season

No. Wrong. Do you seriously think good players from other clubs would want to come to Melbourne? There are 14 teams above us on the ladder. We have to build through the draft.

You missed the point completely.

Our club doesn't leak unless they want to, but i know 2 players personally whos managers have had conversations with the club, not that that guarantees anything, very common practice these days

put your money where your mouth is. Which 2 players?

put your money where your mouth is. Which 2 players?

I've PM'd a couple of demonlanders i trust with this information but ultimately putting it up on a public forum would hurt the chances, they aren't two players that have been thrown around publicly as is often the case.

• Like 2

I would keep Matt Jones personally. Grimes, Watts & Mckenzie should be moved on before Matt is even thought about.We gave Watts a fair run of chances...why not Matt Jones...who can seriously run!

The Russian may have another year left IMO also, but he's either injured atm or he may no longer be up to the rigours of AFL with such poor form.

On another note..

Its been a long time coming but if Spencer plays another game like he did the other week then he will get a gig over Gawn frequently.

Gawny I love, but I don't think he's as mobile now...doesnt seem to cover the ruck contests as quickly as spencer who may well have a bigger motor.

Gawny might just be a pinch hit fwd & ruck option. But the man I call Ned with the Bushranger beard go's pretty good when on song!

I agree that Jones is a hard worker so he ticks boxes with his seeming attitude. imo he trumps Bail & McKenzie. Grimes could still become a small shutdown, or run with player, or back pocket ?

...... but he has some trade value, so ??? with Grimesy'.

... it's long enough for the non-regulars from the old culture; so to me the writing is on the wall, for those players who can't make the side after being on our List over the past 5+ years

Our club doesn't leak unless they want to, but i know 2 players personally whos managers have had conversations with the club, not that that guarantees anything, very common practice these days

outsiders, or inside listers?

I've PM'd a couple of demonlanders i trust with this information but ultimately putting it up on a public forum would hurt the chances, they aren't two players that have been thrown around publicly as is often the case.

you can trust me to keep it private, for the clubs benefit. won't even tell any of my friends or family.

Edited by dee-luded

Harmes and King playing well at Casey so at this rate we may need to upgrade 3 rookies: Vandenberg, King and Harmes!

Each is certainly making a case for upgrade.

Otherwise another team might pinch King and Harmes!

A good year for it with such a shallow draft pool this year.

• Like 1

I agree it's weird but I saw some of the play switches and damn he knows how to give our boys space and time to launch and attack.

I'm with you O. It's also interesting to hear players and coaches talk more openly about Watts, he must be the biggest unknown of any player on our list.

Everyone is tradable etc.. however Roos has a tendency to find players with untapped value rather than giving them away.

I like him, especially last week, see how he goes today!

• Like 1

I would keep Matt Jones personally. Grimes, Watts & Mckenzie should be moved on before Matt is even thought about.We gave Watts a fair run of chances...why not Matt Jones...who can seriously run!

The Russian may have another year left IMO also, but he's either injured atm or he may no longer be up to the rigours of AFL with such poor form.

On another note..

Its been a long time coming but if Spencer plays another game like he did the other week then he will get a gig over Gawn frequently.

Gawny I love, but I don't think he's as mobile now...doesnt seem to cover the ruck contests as quickly as spencer who may well have a bigger motor.

Gawny might just be a pinch hit fwd & ruck option. But the man I call Ned with the Bushranger beard go's pretty good when on song!

That is all he can do. He's not even that elite. Jones goes, Watts clearly stays and McKenzie goes.

I'm with you O. It's also interesting to hear players and coaches talk more openly about Watts, he must be the biggest unknown of any player on our list.

Everyone is tradable etc.. however Roos has a tendency to find players with untapped value rather than giving them away.

I like him, especially last week, see how he goes today!

His manager was on the Sunday footy show today and pretty much said Watts turned down rival offers as he is committed to stay with the dees through thick and thin. Also said that his endeavour to get to contests last week is something the team are working hard on so hope he goes well today

• Like 4

The endeavour shown by the players for four quarters was good.

The skill in trying to hand ball so many times without getting the ball out of the defensive 50 was the problem.

So on today's effort most have a stay of execution. Perhaps pedo and pig dog are shaky. Michie is not living up to the hype everyone makes of him. Bail, will go. McKenzie gawn. Jamar on your way. Howe up for Trade. Matt jones bye bye.

The endeavour shown by the players for four quarters was good.

The skill in trying to hand ball so many times without getting the ball out of the defensive 50 was the problem.

So on today's effort most have a stay of execution. Perhaps pedo and pig dog are shaky. Michie is not living up to the hype everyone makes of him. Bail, will go. McKenzie gawn. Jamar on your way. Howe up for Trade. Matt jones bye bye.

Your name sake can join them too.

• Like 1

Any chance of getting Carlisle ??? A bit of cash and a fresh start

Sloane long term deal and cash

Jed Anderson matt suckling

Toby nankervis touk miller Trent mckinze

Need mids with great ball use pin point foot skills and a ruckman

If we get a PP to trade it will help us lure in a big name mid

I know it is difficult to get it through your head and it has been for the last 3 seasons but we will not be getting a PP

FCS what is so difficult about this for you to register

• Like 7

I know it is difficult to get it through your head and it has been for the last 3 seasons but we will not be getting a PP

FCS what is so difficult about this for you to register

Then how the [censored] are we going to get all these players listed in this thread with nothing of value to trade?

That is unless your happy to part with Hogan Brayshaw or Viney

Olisk, a top 4 pick most likely has value, so say pick 4,22 i think we will lose garland and get pick 23 im return plus howe is enough for 2-3 good players

• Like 1

Then how the [censored] are we going to get all these players listed in this thread with nothing of value to trade?

That is unless your happy to part with Hogan Brayshaw or Viney

The AFL gives out PP'S in case you missed that bit

How do you get a decent player to come to us at the moment. We need to show a bit more on field or we won't get a Prestia, a Coniglio or a Dangerfield. We would be better picking up another Brayshaw out of the draft, that is probably more likely.

• Like 1

Dont rule out a bigger name joining us, our imagine within the industry is far different to those outside, i can only speak for my sources but they rate our young list highly, and we are and i quote " a pain to play against" they know it's going to be a slog

• Like 8

Dont rule out a bigger name joining us, our imagine within the industry is far different to those outside, i can only speak for my sources but they rate our young list highly, and we are and i quote " a pain to play against" they know it's going to be a slog

Dangerfield is coming!

Can also vouch - dees now looked on much more favourably in the industry.

We will all believe it when a legitimate star says they wanna play for us. For now its all hot air.

• Like 1