Training - Monday 23rd March, 2015

The Devil Inside

Gee, that's a good rant, I chat to them because I have interacted with them at various other things besides training, and they are human beings, they don't mind a chat either. and neither do I

Polite, well not all of them, Hogan walking menacingly towards me, laughing and walking away, Dunn towering over me, Toumpas and Salem taking the [censored] all the time.....do you miss social interaction?....me, it's all good fun

I am realistic, I came up with this analogy, since 2007 WE(the club, the supporters, the media), dug a hole and we fell in, we then kicked the ladder away, we have now found the ladder again, we now need to climb out of the hole

Roos and PJ both believe we should be able to play a final next year

I wish sometimes we could turn over some posters on here (yourself not included at the moment) because they are no good, but you can always not read their contributions

I was just joshin' with ya.

I do appreciate your contributions as it gives all of us a good insight into the club on a day-to-day basis.

What I don't appreciate (others might feel the same, maybe not), is to be criticised for saying, 'player x is no good, he won't make it and will most likely be delisted'. That is an opinion and this is a forum. Just because I don't speak to them personally on a daily basis doesn't mean I don't have the right to make such a comment. Because the reality is there are players on our list that aren't and never will be up to AFL standard regardless of how hard they are working.

But please, tell me what I can and can't say on here.

Edited by The Stigga
  • Like 1

I do appreciate your contributions as it gives all of us a good insight into the club on a day-to-day basis.

What I don't appreciate (others might feel the same, maybe not), is to be criticised for saying, 'player x is no good, he won't make it and will most likely be delisted'. That is an opinion and this is a forum. Just because I don't speak to them personally on a daily basis doesn't mean I don't have the right to make such a comment. Because the reality is there are players on our list that aren't and never will be up to AFL standard regardless of how hard they are working.

I understand people have opinions, based on many things, like Bill Shorten would make a better Prime Minister, but I love some of the he is a spud, he's no good etc, that then come back to haunt, Nev Jetta and Lynden Dunn spring to mind, but we also now have Stef Martin as a mistake when a lot on here couldn't get rid of him fast enough

I have opinions on many players, but I keep them to myself, because I am not on an AFL coaching panel, so I don't have the opportunity to work with and analyse players every day, I only get to see them on match day, but I also have faith in the club that down the track they will 'do the right thing' and move on any players they don't think will cut it, in their opinion

Edited by The Devil Inside
  • Like 1

Stigga I think you can have your opinion and share it providing that you do not break the rules of the site and remain relatively politically correct.

Warning :- TDI is a stroppy old pryk that provides fantastic coverage of training. He is also known to bite. I actually like most of his reports. In my opinion feel free to share your opinions.

Based on having watched him play over the last 4 seasons. My opinion is that he doesn't have the required skill set to be successful AFL player. That happens sometimes, not everyone can make and to me, he is one who won't.

What is the required skill set, you seem to know what it is, I have never seen it defined on here, would you like to define it for all of us?

I understand people have opinions, based on many things, like Bill Shorten would make a better Prime Minister, but I love some of the he is a spud, he's no good etc, that then come back to haunt, Nev Jetta and Lynden Dunn spring to mind, but we also now have Stef Martin as a mistake when a lot on here couldn't get rid of him fast enough

I have opinions on many players, but I keep them to myself, because I am not on an AFL coaching panel, so I don't have the opportunity to work with and analyse players every day, I only get to see them on match day, but I also have faith in the club that down the track they will 'do the right thing' and move on any players they don't think will cut it, in their opinion

giphy.gif

• Like 5

That's fine, I don't have a problem with people forming an opinion that comes back to bite them. i was one of them. I remember thinking in Col Garland's first game that he would never make it. But he did...a solid player who will hopefully get to that next level.

So what your saying is that because I am not on an AFL coaching I can't have an opinion...? k.

Stigga I think you can have your opinion and share it providing that you do not break the rules of the site and remain relatively politically correct.

Warning :- TDI is a stroppy old pryk that provides fantastic coverage of training. He is also known to bite. I actually like most of his reports. In my opinion feel free to share your opinions.

I take offence and so does my lovely lady with the insinuation that my genitalia is in some way deformed, stroppy I can live with

What is the required skill set, you seem to know what it is, I have never seen it defined on here, would you like to define it for all of us?

You see, this is exactly what I am talking about. He/she has every right to say that in their opinion their kicking skill is substandard.

Just say, 'look i disagree with what you are saying, I think there kicking skills are at a higher level than you'

You don't like the critique and nothing he/she could ever convince you.

That's fine, I don't have a problem with people forming an opinion that comes back to bite them. i was one of them. I remember thinking in Col Garland's first game that he would never make it. But he did...a solid player who will hopefully get to that next level.

So what your saying is that because I am not on an AFL coaching I can't have an opinion...? k.

No of course you can have an opinion, as long as you can elucidate what it is based on, otherwise I will question it, if that's ok

You see, this is exactly what I am talking about. He/she has every right to say that in their opinion their kicking skill is substandard.

Just say, 'look i disagree with what you are saying, I think there kicking skills are at a higher level than you'

You don't like the critique and nothing he/she could ever convince you.

I asked for the definition of the skill set, kicking is one part of the skill set, what in other posters opinions are the other skills that are a requisite to be an AFL player, I am waiting for Wiseblood to answer as he seems to know

He is distinctly average. He is not good enough in a one on one situation, nor does he seem to get to the right positions on the field. His field kicking is average and he gets pushed around far too easily. I highly doubt there would be another team out there who would have him on their list. We have quite a few of those types.

He has good pace for his height and he has a dip, no doubt about that, and I admire his willingness to come back from injury and health setbacks, but nothing I've seen suggests to me that he will earn another contract past this season.

No of course you can have an opinion, as long as you can elucidate what it is based on, otherwise I will question it, if that's ok

Yeah thats fine, but most opinions are based on what we see, at training or at a match., I don't know what other Primary Sources we can go to to substantiate our opinion.

Seriously mate are you for real? Who made you gods gift to a football forum site.

You say you understand that everyone has an opinion, then don't shoot people down for expressing it. After all 'our opinion' is why most of us come on this site - to express themselves and to also vent.

• Like 2

He is distinctly average. He is not good enough in a one on one situation, nor does he seem to get to the right positions on the field. His field kicking is average and he gets pushed around far too easily. I highly doubt there would be another team out there who would have him on their list. We have quite a few of those types.

He has good pace for his height and he has a dip, no doubt about that, and I admire his willingness to come back from injury and health setbacks, but nothing I've seen suggests to me that he will earn another contract past this season.

His field kicking is above average according to the coaches I asked, McPherson and Mathews

In the last couple of games of last season, he either beat his man in an aerial battle and then used his agility to score, or was completely open to receive the ball and score, this would suggest he knows where to run

I asked for the definition of the skill set, kicking is one part of the skill set, what in other posters opinions are the other skills that are a requisite to be an AFL player, I am waiting for Wiseblood to answer as he seems to know

An AFL player or a good AFL player?

Seriously mate are you for real? Who made you gods gift to a football forum site.

You say you understand that everyone has an opinion, then don't shoot people down for expressing it. After all 'our opinion' is why most of us come on this site - to express themselves and to also vent.

Everybody is entitled to an opinon, I have just expressed mine to Wiseblood with reasons why I have that opinion, that is a forum, discussion, that seems to be a problem on here, a lot with the inability to acutally discuss, or are afraid of being told they are wrong, I will put my hand up when I am wrong, do you?

His field kicking is above average according to the coaches I asked, McPherson and Mathews

In the last couple of games of last season, he either beat his man in an aerial battle and then used his agility to score, or was completely open to receive the ball and score, this would suggest he knows where to run

Well that's my opinion, which you asked for, which is based off what I've seen. Under pressure and on game day I don't think he is up to it. Done.

I take offence and so does my lovely lady with the insinuation that my genitalia is in some way deformed, stroppy I can live with

Saty I implied that you were bad tempered and argumentative. At no time have I ever commented on let alone thought about the appropriateness of your wedding tackle. I will now have nightmares thanks to you.

Thats fine, If his kicking was below average I'm not sure they would say that to you.

But in my opinion he has an incredibly awkward kicking style that has it limitations.

Everybody is entitled to an opinon, I have just expressed mine to Wiseblood with reasons why I have that opinion, that is a forum, discussion, that seems to be a problem on here, a lot with the inability to acutally discuss, or are afraid of being told they are wrong, I will put my hand up when I am wrong, do you?

I don't really want to get into this discussion, but I'm going to be respectful about it.

No one is annoyed with your opinions Saty. I know that's surprising but it's true. The problem is how you put it forward and how you arrogantly cut other people down for theirs, either because you firmly believe it's wrong or you take it personally (which you do sometimes because you go and 'dob' people in to the players with their views).

If you just posted normally and provided short and concise training reports that covered training, and nothing else, then we wouldn't have these problems every.... single.... time. But your arrogant, holier than thou delivery does you no favours at all. More and more people get annoyed with it, and that has to tell you something.

• Like 3