Geoff Walsh, Cameron Ling & Leigh Tudor go to the Kangas

Demonland

Im not really of the thinking we missed out, we just decided not to go that path . Im only guesing I admit but I think thats how its panned out. Jacko's no mug.

On Walsh - not concerned. Happy he's back at North. We've got smart operators in Roos, Viney, Jason Taylor and Misson. I think Mahoney with Peter Jackson's guidance can be a good administrator.

On Tudor - Seems he missed out on the Essendon job, as well as the West Coast and Brisbane gigs. Not sure why he moved on from Sydney and I'm not sure where he was for our senior assistant job - we could've missed out on him or he might not have been the right man for us.

I'm more worried about who we get for the senior assistant job. Not overly worried if we missed Burns or Tudor at this stage.

I think it's to do with getting Roos. Thinking being that we don't need such an experienced (read expensive) footy manager when we have Roos at the club.

• Like 2

2 good gets by the Kangas, they are going about rebuilding their club extremely well over the last few years.

I'm disappointed we couldn't land Walsh, I have no confidence in Mahoney at all despite the praise he has gotten recently. Tudor I'm neither here nor there on, probably would have been a good assistant but not sure if I'd want him as head coach moving forward. Would be interested to know if we made a play for these two though.

Edited by Dr. Gonzo

Just like us getting Roos, I think Ling's acquisition at North shows how much importance is now put on lifestyle, rather than just purely money.

North were obviously flexible with Ling, allowing him to ease into coaching 1 day a week, while still being able to keep all his media commitments.

That's not something we were looking for, so he moves on and we wish him all the best... and keep in touch for when he wants to go fulltime.

As for Walsh, I think he became an unnecessary expense once we had Roos on board.

I really do think Mahoney is a capable young guy and will have a long career in the industry.

Walsh would've been a high priority target if we were to settle on Eade or Craig.

Now Walsh is not really necessary. He also wouldn't have been in a position where the coach answered to him, as I don't think Roos would have been comfortable with that arrangement.

And Tudor clearly wasn't the successor.

There's no way the Essendon internship or being assistant at North trumps being apprentice to Paul Roos.

There's a reason he's been involved in 3 great footy depts but still isn't seen as being fit for the hot seat.

• Like 1

Is that the same Cameron "Ive got no interest in coaching " Ling ?? just asking :rolleyes:

Going to run out of room on the thread's title bar soon !! lol

Is that the same Cameron "Ive got no interest in coaching " Ling ?? just asking :rolleyes:

Going to run out of room on the thread's title bar soon !! lol

He didn't say that.

Ling said he wasn't ready to jump into it fulltime and wanted another year working in the media fulltime, before committing to coaching.

He said he felt he wanted to get into coaching eventually.

He didn't say that.

Ling said he wasn't ready to jump into it fulltime and wanted another year working in the media fulltime, before committing to coaching.

He said he felt he wanted to get into coaching eventually.

he was asked point blank " Do you see yourself in participating anywhere in any capacity( coaching ) in 14" he said NO

i dont really care. he can do what he likes. Hes just another media fibber.Seems the way they all work.

I am hoping we hold onto Pick 2 until the last 2-3 days of Trade.

Clubs wll be smashing down our doors. Let them become desperate and maximize the deal.

Nobody wants to come near us. Fine. Toughen up & embrace the siege

Get Better or die.

• Like 2

he was asked point blank " Do you see yourself in participating anywhere in any capacity( coaching ) in 14" he said NO

i dont really care. he can do what he likes. Hes just another media fibber.Seems the way they all work.

A bit like Roos, I guess.

Wasn't interested until we started talking about setting up a succession plan.

It's all about fitting into their lifestyle for the much-sought-after candidates.

A bit like Roos, I guess.

Wasn't interested until we started talking about setting up a succession plan.

It's all about fitting into their lifestyle for the much-sought-after candidates.

Quite possibly. And what he does is what he does.

We'll be fine without him :)