Craig for the top job in 2014

Cheap Seats

We suffered much more from having one (or more) less forward than from having an extra (or more) defender. Freo could take risks with their ball movement because Lyon knew we couldn't hurt them the other way. There were a number of times when our only man forward was Fitzy, and the 4 players nearest to him were all Dockers.

It also left Michael Johnson unopposed as a sweeper (in a 6-on-5 situation - ours was 7-on-6, so he had much more space), which was ridiculous.

A sweeper is no use whatsoever if the mids delivering into the forward line are under no pressure and can pinpoint their delivery (and have the skill to do it, as Mundy & Hill et al certainly do). Freo's ball use made a sweeper useless, no matter who they were.

It bothers me that the only tool in Craig's kitbag seems to be putting Watts back as a sweeper early in the game, and leaving him there the rest of the game, no matter what. A sweeper used intelligently can be a good move, but I haven't seen us use it intelligently for a long time.

Look thats not a bad view - but you don't even point out in the 2nd qtr Craigs tactics worked and we had more scoring shots then Freo - Did we win the qtr???

Then the MFC can be easily out manovuered tactically because some players can't win their positions

Its not rocket science the MFC is [censored] at the moment - We are not going to win may games and that isn't because Craig is tactically inept

Show me your coaching qualifications where you can prove your moves would work or you have the knowledge to question Craig otherwise at least offer a balanced opinion

I CBF with this [censored] - arm chari experts are a reflection of why we are in such a [censored] position now - GET PROFESSIONAL MFC

Mate no offense again but what are your qualifiactions as a coach to say those moves definitely would have worked? You keep implying that the MFC could compete with Freo on the day - which ask anyone in the AFL it's not true - take off your rose coloured glasses

What is your personal knowledge of players fitness levels and rotations? I mean it's a joke - you can't argue that you have no idea - I have no idea thats my point I am not a coach

I am not going to continue this pointless analysis - Just have a balanced view......

oh I see...

We got thrashed

we manage a WHOLE goal in the second half. What we were doing was this side of rubbish. So in your estimation all is fine Lets not change a thing ? What we we playing at wasnt really working too well. well ...was it ?

Your only come back is Im not an AFL coach ?. well done son,,,I didn t know that. Golly news to me

YOU..wont offer up anything other than to criticise those that dare

please feel free to put me on ignore . Save you the bother of being pestered by alternative ideas

oh I see...

We got thrashed

we manage a WHOLE goal in the second half. What we were doing was this side of rubbish. So in your estimation all is fine Lets not change a thing ? What we we playing at wasnt really working too well. well ...was it ?

Your only come back is Im not an AFL coach ?. well done son,,,I didn t know that. Golly news to me

please feel free to put me on ignore . Save you the bother of being pestered by alternative ideas

You just font' get it do you.... You seriously want to compare teh MFC on the weekend to Freo who are a preimership contender.... You can't be that dumb can you?

Continue your witch hunt............ blame everyone for the MFC being crap except the players that play on the day. I am not responding to this rubbish anymore

You can't even offer a balanced view of Craigs coaching perfomance and you expect me to take you seriosuly BB

A joke and a waste of time - sorry mate your opinion is one sided and a waste of time

You can't even offer a balanced view of Craigs coaching perfomance and you expect me to take you seriosuly BB

A joke and a waste of time - sorry mate your opinion is one sided and a waste of time

but you dont actually offer up ANYTHING

but you dont actually offer up ANYTHING

So because i don't blame any individual for the MFC failure I don't offer anything? I am enjoying this keep embarrassing yourself BB

I suppose going back to the start of the thread is too much for you - or that I've adequately rebutted your opinion as one sided and limited and bias

Just save eveyones time and say you don't want Craig to be coach and levae it at that - there is nothing wrong with that opinion. I do have a problem with crap analysis

Edited by Unleash Hell

So because i don't blame any individual for the MFC failure I don't offer anything? I am enjoying this keep embarrassing yourself BB

I suppose going back to the start of the thread is too much for you - or that I've adequately rebutted your opinion as one sided and limited and bias

Just save eveyones time and say you don't want Craig to be coach and levae it at that - there is nothing wrong with that opinion. I do have a problem with crap analysis

t

hey are two issues... you seem unable to grasp anyone can distinguish. I go back to the notion you cant actually comprehend.

what i want next season is totally separate to discussing the game against Freo.. YOURE the one who must have this combination.

Youre not answering why Watts was left languishing . One of the few who CAN kick goals was left playing with himself . That was value. You havent really rebutted anything only suggested Craig did ok on the day and anyone who thinks otherwise simply has it in for him.

• Like 1

t

hey are two issues... you seem unable to grasp anyone can distinguish. I go back to the notion you cant actually comprehend.

what i want next season is totally separate to discussing the game against Freo.. YOURE the one who must have this combination.

Youre not answering why Watts was left languishing . One of the few who CAN kick goals was left playing with himself . That was value. You havent really rebutted anything only suggested Craig did ok on the day and anyone who thinks otherwise simply has it in for him.

Hes also a good reader of the play and has good decision making and skills to back those decisions

But I guess rather then utilise those talenets you prefer seeing him at FF not getting the ball

I think that sums up everything all we need to discuss on your points - as I said what are your coaching qualification to back your points as gospel?? There are two sides to every story buddy you seem to be unable to grasp that

This is a thread about a bloke who from what I've heard is a real good chance to be our coach in 2014 - And this is not a thread about what you want next season...

Do we really need to keep this up??? Stop posting for the sake of posting your beaten.......... :) Having more posts dosen't make what you say more relavant

Edited by Unleash Hell

Hes also a good reader of the play and has good decision making and skills to back those decisions

But I guess rather then utilise those talenets you prefer seeing him at FF not getting the ball

I think that sums up everything all we need to discuss on your points - as I said what are your coaching qualification to back your points as gospel?? There are two sides to every story buddy you seem to be unable to grasp that

This is a thread about a bloke who from what I've heard is a real good chance to be our coach in 2014 - And this is not a thread about what you want next season

Watts, yes hes a good reader and did sfa down there. He needed to be brought into the play. Again we kicked one goal for a half.. Watts can kick goals... Not that hard is it ?? really !! Agin you fail to read..I sense a trend.. I didnt say Watts at FF..did I ?

I dont need qulaifications.. id suggest no one here has them.. This is a forum for discussion . Nice straw diversion.. Is that all you have UH .

Why werent the mids , at least the greater majority brought through the forward 50 instead of the pine.. ??

Byrnes was his typical uselessness. With some mids resting in a pocket I would have thrown Byrnes to the wolves and told him to get into it. He knows how small forwards work.. he can play the opposite too.. They do it in training and intraclub. No biggee. Couldnt do any worse than his forward pressure.

All you can come up with ..is ... well.. not a lot really.

Again

Watts, yes hes a good reader and did sfa down there. He needed to be brought into the play. Again we kicked one goal for a half.. Watts can kick goals... Not that hard is it ?? really !! Agin you fail to read..I sense a trend.. I didnt say Watts at FF..did I ?

I dont need qulaifications.. id suggest no one here has them.. This is a forum for discussion . Nice straw diversion.. Is that all you have UH .

Why werent the mids , at least the greater majority brought through the forward 50 instead of the pine.. ??

Byrnes was his typical uselessness. With some mids resting in a pocket I would have thrown Byrnes to the wolves and told him to get into it. He knows how small forwards work.. he can play the opposite too.. They do it in training and intraclub. No biggee. Couldnt do any worse than his forward pressure.

All you can come up with ..is ... well.. not a lot really.

Again

FF - HFF whats the difference? Let me guess you're going to nit pick that now haha FFS

I dont' think anyone understands what you are saying... please stop

You keep trying to educate me on player positional alignment - what are your qualifications that makes my opinion is irrelevant?

Edited by Unleash Hell

FF - HFF whats the difference? Let me guess you're going to nit pick that now haha FFS

I dont' think anyone understands what you are saying... please stop

You keep trying to educate me on player positional alignment - what are your qualifications that makes my opinion is irrelevant?

says it all....lol yep...because they are played so differently.

quite frankly you must be a troll

says it all....lol yep...because they are played so differently.

quite frankly you must be a troll

I can tell you for a fact I was talking to a current player and they said as recent as yesterday you can be playing in 5 different positoins in 5 mins

Shows your understanding of the modern game more then mine

Stop crying and concede you ain't know [censored]

5 positions in 5 mins.... lol.. What you mean he might be in 5 locations in that timeframe ? You couldnt relay the instructions to get a player to 5 posiiton in 5 mins. But please, continue your rubbish

You like to make assertions then dismiss them as inconsequential if called to task. Playing at FF is vastly different to HFF . One a Key posiition the other not for starters. How you go about it is also very different Again you tell me I had Watts at FF but thats folly.

Back to the Craig issue. If he is coaching Melb in 2014 then its because he was the best avail. That is an issue to view in light of who's elses' candidature they investigated.

Looking at the way the Freo game was gone about there were too many players disengaged to the game. They needed to be brought back into it. Without doubt being down on players available for rotation makes for harder decisions but it seemed folly to persevere with something that simply wasnt working.

I dont think Craig is a particularly good game day tactician. As an overall coach , maybe, but games are won or lost , on game day, at the game. granted its harder when you bring rabble to the contest, but if you know thats what you have you deal with it.

• Like 1

5 positions in 5 mins.... lol.. What you mean he might be in 5 locations in that timeframe ? You couldnt relay the instructions to get a player to 5 posiiton in 5 mins. But please, continue your rubbish

You like to make assertions then dismiss them as inconsequential if called to task. Playing at FF is vastly different to HFF . One a Key posiition the other not for starters. How you go about it is also very different Again you tell me I had Watts at FF but thats folly.

Again you keep talking to me like you have a qualification in coaching - yet all I have passed on I what i've spoken to players about and listen to what they have to say about the modern game and you want to tell me I'm wrong haha please

I am assuming you watch footy other the Dees - There are no traditional positions anymore I am sure you're aware of that. A player can be on the wing, a rover, a HFF and on a HBF within 5 - 10 mins. There are no set positions apart from where a player lines up

I shouldn't even need to explain this.... and you rabbit on about me not comprehending - you want to argue position in a game where traditional positions don't exist anymore... And you've gone on about utilising Watts and critising Craig's positioning of Watts but you clearly again don't understand modern football because if you want to get a player touches and in to the game you play them loose in defence - RIng up SEN or Triple M and actually talk to someone who has an idea BB,,,, beca

Back to the Craig issue. If he is coaching Melb in 2014 then its because he was the best avail. That is an issue to view in light of who's elses' candidature they investigated.

Looking at the way the Freo game was gone about there were too many players disengaged to the game. They needed to be brought back into it. Without doubt being down on players available for rotation makes for harder decisions but it seemed folly to persevere with something that simply wasnt working.

I dont think Craig is a particularly good game day tactician. As an overall coach , maybe, but games are won or lost , on game day, at the game. granted its harder when you bring rabble to the contest, but if you know thats what you have you deal with it.

That's a fine opinion I dont' really care..... you should clarify that you have no idea though.... because your opinion is nothing more then an outside view with no substance

A side that has won 2 games for the year with multiple injuries on the day gets out played by a premiership contender and you can justify the coach as having no idea - says it all really

Edited by Unleash Hell

There are roles UH and they are still quite well defined. You only position really is that you have none, because you have no real opinion because you justify that as coming from a position of no qualification.

its ok we get it

run along then and [censored] your non opinions to those who care

There are roles UH and they are still quite well defined. You only position really is that you have none, because you have no real opinion because you justify that as coming from a position of no qualification.

its ok we get it

run along then and [censored] your non opinions to those who care

Haha you old cronies on this site amuse me

You argue minute points and don't even address the questions or prior posts and claim victroy

Time and time again you've been proven wrong and you persist that your poorly educated and nothing more then bias opinions with no basis of any fact from any AFL industry source or article

You claim knowledge of the club and the game with no basis to make the claims

Keep posting old fella - if that's what makes you feel important

Edited by Unleash Hell

No I am not going to back down - it's rubbish posting of your opinion that you claim to be fact about a bloke who could be coach of our club in 2014

I don't care if you don't like him or don't want him to be coach in 2014 - but I won't accept such rubbish opinion with no fact behind it at all

All you have offered is biased opinion - you don't discuss the pros or cons and you don't offer a balanced view

The negative opinions you've given of Craig have been rebutted by myself and all you do is whinge that my opinion is worthless - you can't even take it on board in passing your opinion

A waste of time - and it needs to be made clear to others that it is a waste of time reading

Do I need to go on?

Edited by Unleash Hell

youre a fool UH you dont comprehend opinions..unless they are you own.

Back down ?? lol from what You assert , but proffer nothing .

Youe way is unless something is fact and warranted by qualification then its meaningless. Thats not actually how a forum, of opinions works.

Im sure most have figured it out now

Edited by belzebub59

How bout we hire a ring and you two duke it out with Craig, Bartlett and PJ in the judges chair? I'm pretty sure i know who Craig will be voting in favour of

Edited by Rusty Nails

eade has built a list from the ground up twice he is clearly the best option, roos is only ahead because of his profile, coaching wise they are fairly similar

youre a fool UH you dont comprehend opinions..unless they are you own.

Back down ?? lol from what You assert , but proffer nothing .

Youe way is unless something is fact and warranted by qualification then its meaningless. Thats not actually how a forum, of opinions works.

Im sure most have figured it out now

Hahahaha what a load of rubbish - i'd be surprised but that's all you have offered all thread

You just keep posting in the hope I'll concede and let you win - Bad luck princess

Point out where I've said my opinion is the only opinion worth listening too BB......... You've offered an opinion I rebutted it and you gut upset - show me where I say I am 100% right?

You are the one offering opinion why craig shouldn't be coach and I am rebutting - don't get upset

I actually find it amusing allowing you to try tell me how one magic move of Watts in the forward line would have seen the Dees win v Freo

Then when I rebutt that opinion your're the one telling me I have no idea - keep it up I enjoy the lols

oh I see...

We got thrashed

I am not going to Ignore you old fella your magic moves amuse me