MATCH PREVIEW AND TEAM SELECTION

Demonland

This would have been a great opportunity to blood someone like Dom Barry who has been in good form, especially with blease out, little bit disappointing.

We will win this game. Take it to he bank.

You're welcome to take the risk.

I thought Inbee Park @$5.50 to win the Women's British Open was much better value.

I'm sick of giving the boys 'one more chance', they owe me a sh1tload.

Amusing to see the opening post claims the coaches' record as "Sheedy 0 Craig 0".

Unfortunately, that's about the only amusing thing about this weekend. If we win, it will be seen as "just GWS" we beat; if we lose it will be reported as a "Dee-saster" (Herald Sun) or "I told you this team (s)tank" (Caro in The Age) .

This would have been a great opportunity to blood someone like Dom Barry who has been in good form, especially with blease out, little bit disappointing.

This is another case of whatif, posters bemoan the fact that we don't develop players and point at Hawthorn, Geelong. Sydney etc as to what we should be dokng, finally we are trying to do that, why do think that the players brought in at the above Clubs (with the occasional exception) look like they belong, because they haven't been rushed, they have been steadily learning their craft and developing in the lower levels, Barry will be fine, he is getting better and better, personally don't care if he plays all year at Casey including the finals, rather than bringing him in for a couple of games, and if last Saturday is an example, going backwards at an alarming rate

• Like 3

This is another case of whatif, posters bemoan the fact that we don't develop players and point at Hawthorn, Geelong. Sydney etc as to what we should be dokng, finally we are trying to do that, why do think that the players brought in at the above Clubs (with the occasional exception) look like they belong, because they haven't been rushed, they have been steadily learning their craft and developing in the lower levels, Barry will be fine, he is getting better and better, personally don't care if he plays all year at Casey including the finals, rather than bringing him in for a couple of games, and if last Saturday is an example, going backwards at an alarming rate

You're probably on the money here 'Sat', but I think with the year we've had bringing some of these kids in would create a bit of interest in the game, however in Barry's case in particular it may well be unfair on the kid and the expectation too high.

I would like to see Davis get his shot at it though, I think he has been a good player at Casey and deserves a run. I wouldn't see it as gifting him a game and think he would bring more than Pedersen who has no intensity in his game at AFL level.

On a purely selfish note I would like to see Taggert, I want to see what he's got at the next level. He has the size and skills required to make it at the next level.

I wouldn't be too hard on posters calling for these changes, it hasn't been a good year and we all need something going into next year, it's just the club may well have it right in this case by holding firm by their development decisions.

Disappointing team selection and a lack of innovative coaching spells doom and disaster.

I'm going to go a slightly different tact on this.

While I agree we have been unimaginative at both selection table and onfield moves I can see some benefit in trying to stick with the sane team. We have a core group who haven't played much footy together so there is a focus on building up that experience instead of chopping and changing each week. There is an attempt to build confidence through exposure ie get a few games under the belt settle down, lose the nerves.

There is also the fact that hardly anyone at carry is any good and that we'd be swapping player 22 for player 23 anyway, not bringing in anyone who is going to impact.

Ok maybe a couple of blokes are next in line but I think the current approach seems to be "you must lose your spot" which is intended to rebuild the confidence I.e. The pays don't have to feel on the edge all the time like they might have been under Neeld. The focus isn't on players who make mistakes while trying (terlich, kent even pederson to an extent) the focus is on players who don't put on our run hard enough (blease).

While I agree we have been unimaginative at both selection table and onfield moves I can see some benefit in trying to stick with the sane team. We have a core group who haven't played much footy together so there is a focus on building up that experience instead of chopping and changing each week. There is an attempt to build confidence through exposure ie get a few games under the belt settle down, lose the nerves.

There is also the fact that hardly anyone at carry is any good and that we'd be swapping player 22 for player 23 anyway, not bringing in anyone who is going to impact.

Ok maybe a couple of blokes are next in line but I think the current approach seems to be "you must lose your spot" which is intended to rebuild the confidence I.e. The pays don't have to feel on the edge all the time like they might have been under Neeld. The focus isn't on players who make mistakes while trying (terlich, kent even pederson to an extent) the focus is on players who don't put on our run hard enough (blease).

On this basis Pedersen is very lucky to hold his place. Just ambles around the back line with no urgency or concern for his immediate opponent and any teammate who may need assistance.

...but you are probably right with the letting things settle and no revolving door policy. However there will or at least should be a few on notice this week I would think.

On this basis Pedersen is very lucky to hold his place. Just ambles around the back line with no urgency or concern for his immediate opponent and any teammate who may need assistance.

...but you are probably right with the letting things settle and no revolving door policy. However there will or at least should be a few on notice this week I would think.

Personally I think the problem with Pedersen last week was because it was Nth Melb, wanted so much to do really well, couple of mistakes and he fell to bits, with the Nth players in his ear telling him so, he shows what he can do at Casey, seen him control the back 50, a lot, myself included, forget he hasn't played 20 AFL games yet.

I think with the rest, Davis, Taggert, Tynan, yes would like to see them come up, but they are in a finals bound team, and as long as MFC let them play, will probably be more benefical for them in the long term

The biggest problem with Pedersen is we have to endure him for another two years .

I would love to know who thought it was necessary to offer him a three year deal.

Pederson was indecisive and is unfit. But he had only been in for one week and deserves the sane chances as others to get confidence after a few games - it did wonders for fitzy. Also with the injury to Frawley I think stability is important, especially amongst the back 6.

Also re pederson, I won't defend his performance but he has a 3 year contract. There is no point nagging him out and labelling him a spud and sitting at casey for that time. We may as well see if we can utilise his strengths and make a player of him.

• Like 2

Personally I think the problem with Pedersen last week was because it was Nth Melb, wanted so much to do really well, couple of mistakes and he fell to bits, with the Nth players in his ear telling him so, he shows what he can do at Casey, seen him control the back 50, a lot, myself included, forget he hasn't played 20 AFL games yet.

I think with the rest, Davis, Taggert, Tynan, yes would like to see them come up, but they are in a finals bound team, and as long as MFC let them play, will probably be more benefical for them in the long term

I think he has the time at Casey 'Sat' and is able to drift and read the play, his intensity at AFL is not there. Whether he can learn this I guess we will start to find out in the next few weeks.

Davis has been around for a while now so I fear if he doesn't get a chance this year he may not be around next, not sure if you've heard anything on this but then a lot will depend on the new coach I guess. It wouldn't hurt for Taggert to get a taste but let's wait and see how his form holds up.

I seriously don't know where posters get that Pedersen is unfit, I know the intesity level at Casey is slightly lower but watched a game few weeks back where he had one rest on the bench the whole game.

And the fat part, saw him at training, sans shirt, taking off the GPS, no excess baggage, think he is just big bodied.

Having seen a lot of VFL. was quite pleased when we got him, not sure what the problem is at the moment, but he is not on his own for putting in poor performances at AFL level this year

there are for mine two areas of concern.

Theyre bunch of kids seem more able at center clearances.

Who do we have that is Fit and in form to quell Cameron ?

This lot ,giants, have shown to be able to take it up to much teams much better than us before being over run.Indeed Thats what we did ourselves .

If they can create a crack in the dams wall we are in serious trouble.

Our only path to respite is to win in the middle.

its not looking good.

Edited by belzebub59

Looking back at round 4, it is interesting to note that Clark played but contributed just 1 goal and there was no Dawes then either; our main contributors on the scoreboard were Howe (4), Evans (3), Byrnes (3), Gawn (2) and Pedersen (2). Evans this time is a non starter, but with Watts now playing forward and Fitz involved, they should make up for his 3 goals quite easily.

I'm not too concerned.

Ill be up there too,

By the looks of this guys, we will outnumber the huge supporter base of GWS.

The one game we get up here and I can't go because I am time keeping at my son's game for the Newtown Swans... have to set the FoxBox to record so I can watch it when we get home.

I think the AFL would prefer GWS to not go winless through a season. We are already a basket case getting help. The AFL are meant to be convincing us all is well in Western Sydney.

As for the PP I think you'll find GWS would be the one club who doesn't much mind, it's not like they are short on top draft picks. In fact taking away the decision on Tom Boyd would probably do them a huge favour especially if they really are going to get Franklin.

GWS will want to win, time is running out for them to impress Franklin, because as it stands Buddy would be silly to leave Hawthorn.

Money isn't everything and if GWS can't beat us this year, then no amount of money would entice Buddy, they'd know this.

GWS need to start winning games.

GWS will want to win, time is running out for them to impress Franklin, because as it stands Buddy would be silly to leave Hawthorn.

Money isn't everything and if GWS can't beat us this year, then no amount of money would entice Buddy, they'd know this.

GWS need to start winning games.

Seriously? Franklin's going to be more impressed with a win over Melbourne than by an offer of 2 million + per year? When you start talking that kind of money everything else is insignificant. If Buddy isn't interested in money, he'll sign with the Hawks. GWS's ability to beat us will have not a skerrick of influence.

Maybe if we beat them, he might consider playing for us.... Hmmm? Nup!

GO DEES!

Amusing to see the opening post claims the coaches' record as "Sheedy 0 Craig 0".

Unfortunately, that's about the only amusing thing about this weekend. If we win, it will be seen as "just GWS" we beat; if we lose it will be reported as a "Dee-saster" (Herald Sun) or "I told you this team (s)tank" (Caro in The Age) .

Actually surprisingly Caro was one of 5 (out of 23 - not including the vilage idiott) who tipped Melbourne to win this week.

Edited by Young Dee

I have to admit, I found it hard to read the rest of the post because this typo was just funny........the sane team lol

However, many would say that insanity has reigned supreme in the club for some time.

It didn't work for Jack Watts, he has been to scared to go near the ball since being "blooded".

Dont really want to risk making that mistake agian and plus he has been drifting between Casey and the development team so best to play it safe.

Would like to see what he has got though (same with Taggert, Tynan, Stark and Davis)

Edited by Young Dee