We must trade pick 2

Guest Demon Abroad

How do you outbid an organisation that has more money and options than us, you have to give to get, Daisy and say pick 11 for pick 2, I would take it.

If they cannot get Thomas under their cap, they cannot match a bid he has agreed to.

• Like 1

Because we need good seasoned midfield players sd.

IMO The kids we would take this year will take two to three years to be good AFL players

If we have no senior help they may never develop, as we have seen for the last six years.

Old dee

That's why exactly why we should trade down and get a player with several pre seasons already completed. I don't believe we will be able to trade for an established star therefore we suggestion of Shiel and a pick. With a huge number of potential list changes this strategy effectively gets us 2 players for 1 high pick

If they cannot get Thomas under their cap, they cannot match a bid he has agreed to.

What about life after footy, that's what I'm talking about? You guys all want an A grade on baller but don't wont to give anything up, we need experience and if we don't get it soon this club will stop breathing, I hope there got some irons in the fire.

Heard of the salary cap?

There a 75 million dollar organisation a year, think about it little one, they can offer life after footy, but your not smart enough to figure that out.

Old dee

That's why exactly why we should trade down and get a player with several pre seasons already completed. I don't believe we will be able to trade for an established star therefore we suggestion of Shiel and a pick. With a huge number of potential list changes this strategy effectively gets us 2 players for 1 high pick

I wish you all the luck in the world.

And to think we chose not to force Luke Ball's hand and take him in the draft when he walked out of St K, regardless of circumstances. Weak.

It Screams stupid in extreme at us now MS

Edited by old dee

No reason why we cannot have a crack at Gaff at the end of this season during trade week, DL.

Adams from GWS must be pursued as well.

If his ankle passes a medical, Daisy could be a FA pick up.

Nick Dal Santo? Not sure if he fits the type we want, but he'd be our best mid for a year or two, at the current rate.

Obviously, some or all of these might not want to come to us, but we should have a red hot go regardless. Mitch Clark wasn't keen on coming to us either. Money talks.

Need a coach first.

Glad to hear Moon, but IMO its One year too soon for Gaff, as we don't have the wheels firmly fastened & tuned just yet... so bringing in a kid like Gaff right now, wouldn't be the best entry for his footy well being....

... we need next year with possibly a Roos, or if not, a Woosha to settle the side first before we unsettle a kid like him... but Taylor is in a different 'kettle', as he's out of contract & looking to return Now.

Del Santo I've gone off,,, since the start of the year, as IMO one of our biggest weaknesses, is our soft bruise free culture & public perception... Del' won't help much in this regard IMO. & it is very important we shed that silk skin as quickly as possible...

there must be some who have some mojo in their games that we can entice... & we've found Terlich & MJones,,, & Evans is coming along... so we're finding some runners & other parts of the puzzle.

lets not add any Ballerina types in haste.

like the Swans, we have to be prudent which types we give contracts to, as they will impact on our broken culture.. we need added hardness. or it will take another 20 years to get it changed.

saints can win

- Rnd 19 - Lions @ Gabba

- Rnd 22 - Suns @ Etihad

They won't get close to Brisbane in Brisbane.

It doesn't matter, of course, since, even if we do beat GWS, we won't win another game, and our percentage is so far below St Kilda's that we won't be able to bridge the gap.

Luke Ball was exactly what we needed, and still need now OD. Missed opportunity.

Yep, me too. I didn't realise just How bad our culture was until we uncovered it. Letting some senior players go really exposes what was underneath.

This is why we put on a show when we have a 'strong list', but Never win those BIG Games... culture,,, decades of it...

I didn't think we needed Ball at that time as I thought he was completely 'broken down'.

Correct. Pick 18..right under our nose.

I screamed full tilt at the radio that night.

Fools.

Actually, we had 4 picks before Coll took Ball at 30. Gys (11) and Tappy (18) were the two that could easily have been Ball.

I recall Bailey stating that once Ball chose Coll above Melb as his preference, he was off the MFC radar. How very polite and compliant of Bailey. Honestly, it beggars belief that we didn't pick him. What a joke we were at the time.

• Like 1

Actually, we had 4 picks before Coll took Ball at 30. Gys (11) and Tappy (18) were the two that could easily have been Ball.

I recall Bailey stating that once Ball chose Coll above Melb as his preference, he was off the MFC radar. How very polite and compliant of Bailey. Honestly, it beggars belief that we didn't pick him. What a joke we weret at the time.

Luke Ball made himself unavaliable, went overseas, did not answer calls from us and would have refused any orher contacts with the club. If we drafted him he would have sat the next season out or been one very [censored] off bastard just like........Moloney. He was Collingwood or nobodys. People at the club knew that. It was a done deal and no one else seriously considered drafting him. End of story. Edited by america de cali

Luke Ball made himself unavaliable, went overseas, did not answer calls from us and would have refused any orher contacts with the club. If we drafted him he would have sat the next season out or been one very [censored] off [censored] just like........Moloney. He was Collingwood or nobodys. People at the club knew that. It was a done deal and no one else seriously considered drafting him. End of story.

we still should have taken him. Made a statement that we are in the AFL and not a side issue.

It all adds to where we are now.

Luke Ball made himself unavaliable, went overseas, did not answer calls from us and would have refused any orher contacts with the club. If we drafted him he would have sat the next season out or been one very [censored] off [censored] just like........Moloney. He was Collingwood or nobodys. People at the club knew that. It was a done deal and no one else seriously considered drafting him. End of story.

it's a sad reflection of where we are as a club isn't it?

Noone wants to come here, Josh Caddy refused talks last year even though we could have offered the best possible deal to GC for him, Luke Ball had no interest in being a demon and i imagine that Taylor Adams may be going through something similar.

We quickly need to fix these issues and become an attractive destination for players or we are just going to keep losing and missing out on talent and being a club fringe players go for a pay rise.

Disagree. It's a draft for clubs to pick players, not the other way around. Doubt it would have happened, but so what if he sat out a season. Big deal. Would have proved that we were no pushover. I reckon Vlad would've taken a dim view of Ball's dummy spit, if that happened. And it's not like Gys or Tappy have set the world on fire. Gys was a massive surprise at 11. What a friggin waste.

• Like 1

No chance we finish ahead of the saints.

In order for us to finish ahead of st Kilda we would have to win at least 2 games. And the first of those won't come v GWS.

Plus St Kilda have a very winnable game vs Gold Coast at Etihad.

If the Giants could somehow knock off the suns in the last round we could finish with the number 1 pick.

If you don't think the GWS and Footscray games are winnable then you are clearly one of those footy fans that can only remember the last game of footy they saw. The game against the side with zero wins on the board, has a percentage worse than ours and we've already beaten once is unwinnable? Can't you see how silly that sounds?
  • Like 1

If you don't think the GWS and Footscray games are winnable then you are clearly one of those footy fans that can only remember the last game of footy they saw. The game against the side with zero wins on the board, has a percentage worse than ours and we've already beaten once is unwinnable? Can't you see how silly that sounds?

I'd go as far as saying we would go into both almost expecting to win, 2-3 more wins might be a big boost and some momentum to take into what will be a huge pre season for the club.

Disagree. It's a draft for clubs to pick players, not the other way around. Doubt it would have happened, but so what if he sat out a season. Big deal. Would have proved that we were no pushover. I reckon Vlad would've taken a dim view of Ball's dummy spit, if that happened. And it's not like Gys or Tappy have set the world on fire. Gys was a massive surprise at 11. What a friggin waste.

agree 100%

Josh Kennedy did not want to go to WCE.

He got used to it.

Given our pitiful performance last week we are an excellent chance to loose to GWS, if they can win another then we may well end up with no 1 pick. With no 1 pick we should be able to do a deal with a bulldog or other low level club to swap no 1 for their 3rd or 4th pick and a b grade mid. That is unless we get accused of tanking again!