OUT: Abbott IN: Turnbull

Soidee

I think we can all agree that anyone associated with the Labor Party or the Trade Unions is a perverted, corrupt, kiddy fiddler.

OMG how did I not see this before!

Thanks P-Man for showing me the true path.

the-beuty-of-allah.jpg

word03.jpg

Edited by DemonFrog

DC I agree I over reacted to your post. I admit some of my comments were inappropriate. I apologise.

Yes Mr Thomson is now a convicted thief and liar and someone who would not fall on their sword. but those people are quite rare, don't you think. And add to that I think he is a fool who thought he could get way with it all. That I suppose was my point, how can these guys be so stupid, that is what amazes me?

I also downplayed his nefarious activities because they fell into the soft white collar crime area, often deemed to have no specific victims. That is something that I think many of us do. I get very aggro at crimes of violence against the weak but not so much against your classic con artist, extortionist types.

thanks for your honest and straight forward answer hoody, i appreciate it

what annoyed me about thomson (apart from the obvious theft) was his inability to fess up (still now) despite overwhelming evidence and to string it out for so long

to do what he did to a union of largely low paid workers compounded his crime

i'm not happy with the member for frankston either despite his not guilty judgement, but his offence is nowhere comparable to that of thomson

Edited by daisycutter

why should the gov work with indonesia to have special processing centres?

we already have a refugee program which is bi-partisan

that program includes a process for orderly legal refugee immigration

that program already has processing centres and an approved process

making an exception for indonesia (which hasn't signed up to the UN refugee program) will just encourage more refugees with money to fly to indonesia and bypass the agreed processes in place for all

& IMO this where We are being screwed by unscrupulous people over there, taking big money from desperate people who wan to chance their luck to get to a happier country.

I can't help but feel the Indons don't want it to stop, for some personal reason$ of they're s.

Maybe that's how he might be able to 'stop the boats': send sharks with frikkin' laser beams on their heads.

I thought it was more like he can not hear anyone telling him the boats are still coming.

Therefore he can tell everyone that that they have stoped.

Its the Honest John way.

thanks for your honest and straight forward answer hoody, i appreciate it

what annoyed me about thomson (apart from the obvious theft) was his inability to fess up (still now) despite overwhelming evidence and to string it out for so long

to do what he did to a union of largely low paid workers compounded his crime

i'm not happy with the member for frankston either despite his not guilty judgement, but his offence is nowhere comparable to that of thomson

We all know why he hung on. Pressure was coming from the ALP and the unions to hang out. There was always that slight hope that the ALP could turn the polls around before they called an election. One more number gone from their side and that would have lead to an election and the ALP being turned to rubble. They were turned to rubble anyway but it would probably have been a 1975 style whitewash had the election been called earlier.

Without being too conspiratorial, I wonder where the money for his legal defence came from?

Edited by Colin B. Flaubert

You know that for a fact?

He means that stop talking about them

Edited by DemonFrog

well you can scratch mr rabbit and the hsu

i doubt the official labor party as it was all pre party selection stuff

wouldn't be pro bono

that leaves the faceless men

No one in the ALP would be that silly (and hopefully not that immoral)to do something to link the party via direct payments to Craig Thomson.

It was either him trying to maintain his alibi so he wouldn't look so blatant when he was denying everything. Or he genuinely did believe he was innocent.

Edited by Colin B. Flaubert

Do you have a boat up your sleeve ?

No, but this govt certainly has a code of secrecy up theirs and are hardly likely to divulge anything that might put them in a bad light.

They've stopped.

I hesitate to weigh in again in this thread given the angst that gets flung around, but I wanted to attend to this particular statement.

The boats haven't stopped. The boats have stopped REACHING AUSTRALIA. They are still launching, it's just that they are being turned back.

There's a big difference. People may still be attempting to scuttle boats or drowning or endangering their children. They're just no longer doing it in our waters because our Navy forces them back to Indonesia.

So yeah, if the goal is stop the boats reaching Australia, then this is working. If the goal is stop the boats entirely, it's not.

To me, it's very arbitrary to draw a line down a map and say "no boats crossed into Aussie waters therefore the boats have stopped". Like the boat magically disappears if it never crossed our border. Maybe it does. Maybe we keep them on the other side to pass the buck. Anything bad happens - hey it's not our fault! They were in Indonesian waters! It doesn't count! Nya nya nya!

Arbitrarily saying that simply because no boats reached Australia that "the boats have stopped" is a fallacy.

Also a tip of the hat to Ben Hur/Hannibal. A master of trolling so expert that one can be drawn into his traps even knowing that they are indeed traps.

• Like 1

Arbitrarily saying that simply because no boats reached Australia that "the boats have stopped" is a fallacy.

And there is the difference between H and the rest of us... we don't want them dying... he just doesn't want them dying in our waters. In fact H would no doubt be happier to see these people shipped off to Manus Island where they can feel safe (anything, as long as they are not our responsibility):

"AS BLAME is exchanged on the Manus Island detention centre bloodbath, it has been claimed that the Iranian asylum seeker killed on Monday night may have been murdered by out-of-control guards who stomped his skull as he lay defenceless on the ground."

http://www.news.com.au/national/shocking-claims-after-manus-island-bloodbath/story-fncynjr2-1226833207973

why do you always have to go off topic and into [censored] for tat arguments?

no i don't think he is pure evil - just a thief and liar who couldn't fall on his sword when caught red handed

his inability to do the right thing kept julia in power

i couldn't understand your previous post which seemed to trivialise his actions and poke fun at it with references to super funds

you reserved your judgement based on "the reasonable"? give me a break hoody, were you blind?

Liberal Party, former mp Geoff Shaw, keeping the Vic Liberals in power ?

Liberal Party, former mp Peter Slipper, who was preselected by the Liberal Party ?

Liberal Party senator, Mary Jo Fisher was charged for alleged shoplifting and the alleged assault of a security guard at an Adelaide supermarket.

Liberal Party wa, Wayde Smith, perjury. > 18 months.

National Party, Michael Cobb, rorting travel expenses. > fined $14,000 and given a two-year suspended jail term

Nationals Party, Brian Austin, misappropriating public funds. > 15 months

Nationals Party, Leisha Harvey, misappropriating public funds. > 12 months

Nationals Party, Don Lane, misappropriating public funds. > 12 months

Nationals Party, Geoff Muntz, misappropriating public funds. > 12 months

Liberal Party, Tony Packard, unlawful use of listening devices, > fined $1000.00

Liberal Party, Barry Morris, making death threats. > 1 Year

Liberal Party, Ray O'connor, stealing a Bond Corporation cheque from a parked car. > 18 months

you could write a Rap sheet Song, from this lot.

You forgot about Alexander Downer impersonating a male in public toilets.

• Like 1

You forgot about Alexander Downer impersonating a male in public toilets.

toenails.jpg

HaHaha, Yes, but common Biff, apparently he didn't do the drawback? or was that in-hale?

whatabout ironbar tucky, no charges were ever struck, apparently?

anyway reiths the pick, of all

then you go back to the 80's, are the beaut 80's... Joh Bejelke-Peterson & his anti corruption & gambling minister Russ Hinze.

441px-StateLibQld_1_101488.jpg

And the Apartheid protests.

RIP Nelson Mandela.

Edited by dee-luded

Liberal Party, former mp Geoff Shaw, keeping the Vic Liberals in power ?

Liberal Party, former mp Peter Slipper, who was preselected by the Liberal Party ?

Liberal Party senator, Mary Jo Fisher was charged for alleged shoplifting and the alleged assault of a security guard at an Adelaide supermarket.

Liberal Party wa, Wayde Smith, perjury. > 18 months.

National Party, Michael Cobb, rorting travel expenses. > fined $14,000 and given a two-year suspended jail term

Nationals Party, Brian Austin, misappropriating public funds. > 15 months

Nationals Party, Leisha Harvey, misappropriating public funds. > 12 months

Nationals Party, Don Lane, misappropriating public funds. > 12 months

Nationals Party, Geoff Muntz, misappropriating public funds. > 12 months

Liberal Party, Tony Packard, unlawful use of listening devices, > fined $1000.00

Liberal Party, Barry Morris, making death threats. > 1 Year

Liberal Party, Ray O'connor, stealing a Bond Corporation cheque from a parked car. > 18 months

you could write a Rap sheet Song, from this lot.

was that shotgun attempt meant to justify or ameliorate thomson's actions d-l?

you wasted your time trawling the internet again

maybe you could summarise your post to explain the point you are trying to make

on second thoughts don't bother - i'm not interested in [censored] for tat as mentioned previously

was that shotgun attempt meant to justify or ameliorate thomson's actions d-l?

you wasted your time trawling the internet again

maybe you could summarise your post to explain the point you are trying to make

on second thoughts don't bother - i'm not interested in [censored] for tat as mentioned previously

:) ah puppy love daisy

and your mate alexis downer, trawling about public toilets.

i think the point is All politics is full of corruption, & power corrupts all... the smart ones control the policing of such. until they get caught. then they're not smart anymore.

every office has a leader who takes advantage of something daisy. I'm sure you'd know of something?

I happened to read an article in Fairfax today from some bleeding heart lefty going on about refugees languishing in camps outside Oz. he was scathing of the present government's secrecy and the previous Government's policies as well. Where do these guys come from I wonder, he talked of processing refugees in Indonesia while committing to take twice as many legitimate refugees. To give them hope and discourage them to take to a boat. Look I think the guy is delusional, not sure about his credentials either. Any one know about this guy, Malcolm Fraser?

I never voted for him but I wonder if current LNP voters ever stop to think about where they have come from over the last 40 years. The fact the Malcolm now sounds like a lefty says something I think. Labour voters could also have similar reflections on how far they have drifted to the right.

I don't vote for either by the way, just to set the record straight.

• Like 1

Just noticed that several bleeding heart lefties, Malcolm Fraser and Bob Hawk are worried about George Brandis and his decision to release secret cabinet documents on the pink bats scheme! This overturns 113 years of tradition that these papers remain secret for 30 years. These papers are so important to release because of some unfortunate workplace deaths tht occurred on those jobs apparently. There are deaths every week in construction and mining but that is different. Any deaths from our venture into Iraq are different of course. why didn't Labour do an RC into that farce. Well I suppose they were plying the agreed rules of the time, the pre Tony Abbott rules. It is all going down hill from here I assure you, thanks to our Tony.

Thanks to our Tony, ministers in the future will find themselves defending their policy outcomes in courts long after they retire from parliament. History, I feel will not be kind to our Tony, the fair weather friend of all working people.