The Keep Mark Neeld Thread

Red&BlueBlood

Classic Mark Nerd: push out the door experience (+50 games) and then complain about the age and experience of the list the next year.

Classic Mark Nerd: say during your speech at the commencement dinner not to listen to the media, because we're not as far away as people think and then state that it will be 5 years before we're competitive as the losses mount.

Classic Mark Nerd: say after round 1 "we didn't see that coming" and weeks later when things have only got worse state "we're exactly where I thought we'd be and I told the Board we'd be when they appointed me".

Classic Mark Nerd: walk into the club and tell the players "I don't want you to like me". So of course he gets no emotional buy in and now he's running around giving them cuddles because he realises how fragmented the group is.

Classic Mark Nerd: alienate the senior players by demoting them from the leadership group and install two young captains that don't need the burden and haven't earned the right. What better way to fragment a group of people.

This guy is one sick puppy. But smart enough to delude some on here.

I still cannot believe there are people on here that still defend Mark Neeld yet got the balls to say bailey was far worse LOL

I cannot believe there are some making the comparison.

What would you prefer, sir: a broken nose or a nail through your foot?

Oh, please, break my nose!

Neeld is bloody terrible

Cant believe anyone wants to keep him

Hes killing our club

How is he doing that?

When we have a caretaker - they will not suddenly spurn a change of fortunes.

We are a bad team and we will remain so until the end of the year.

Whether or not Neeld is replaced soon.

• Like 2

Whether Neeld stays short term may well depend on what is happening with sponsors. Internally the club will know where sponsors sit with regard to our onfield performance. If it is not good, he may well be on his way soon.

Only the club knows.

Ben-hur, if this was a court case, you could argue that neeld has contradicted himself one too many times. He should not be believed and should be found guilty for fraud.

The fact that some people still support him underlines the notion that some people are just too loyal for their own good.

How is he doing that?

Its people like you that are destroying this club, If you like the results FO and follow someone else, real fans hate getting flogged by 15 goals every week, FO RPFC, your aligned with board , I'm calling you out, no one could defend these losers unless they where part of it, you no someone that's part of this board, who defends 15 goals losses every single [censored] week, YOU DO.
  • Like 1

How is he doing that?

5 wins, 28 losses,

PF: 2304, PA: 3796, 60.7%

There isn't a coach in the country that could do worse than that.

Literally anyone we hire will be an improvement.

I think he finally lost me when not deciding to put a hard tag on Swan today.

Why is it that whenever economies in the last hundred or so years suffer massive economic crises, we see increased popularity in radical extremism - even though history absolutely tells us that such radical extremism rarely, if ever, actually produces good decisions and sound government. It's popular at the time though.

The drums will beat louder each week for Neeld's sacking at this rate. Doesn't mean however that those beating the drums are particularly clever or have good judgement. Most in the media want a senior coach to roll - generates good headlines.

And I'm not arguing that Neeld should be at the helm next year - far from it in fact. I just want calm, considered decisions at the moment - not dumb arse, knee jerk reactionary stuff. We absolutely must nail the next appointment, and we must also sign up our required players who are coming out of contract asap.

• Like 3

I'm not sure what more he could have done, even with Jamar winning the tap and us getting first use in the middle, swan still got it somehow, also it seemed we were chasing most of the day, they killed us with their ability to move the ball quickly and efficiently by hand

I don't know if Neeld can coach but I can tell you one thing, I would be bloody frustrated coaching this side. Our problem is nothing to do with our structures and everything to do with our players brain power. They make poor decisions and turn it over time after time after time. Neeld can't improve their IQ's some of them are just not up to scratch. The only way out is to continue to draft the best young talent and keep working with them until eventually we will at least have half a team with ok skills rather than 3 or 4.

• Like 5

Its people like you that are destroying this club, If you like the results FO and follow someone else, real fans hate getting flogged by 15 goals every week, FO RPFC, your aligned with board , I'm calling you out, no one could defend these losers unless they where part of it, you no someone that's part of this board, who defends 15 goals losses every single fucking week, YOU DO.

Clearly the difference between "keep Neeld" and "keep Neeld until August" is too subtle for you.

The only argument that is at all compelling for retaining Neeld until seasons end is that all the people eligible for caretaker are just as culpable for our performance as their boss is. I don't buy it though; I can't see how getting rid of him is going to make the situation any worse than it already is.

• Like 2

I'm not sure what more he could have done, even with Jamar winning the tap and us getting first use in the middle, swan still got it somehow, also it seemed we were chasing most of the day, they killed us with their ability to move the ball quickly and efficiently by hand

Don't forget that Swan usually has 40 possessions against good sides. He's the kind of player you can't stop same with Ablett. Hopefully one day we will have a player like that.

I don't know if Neeld can coach but I can tell you one thing, I would be bloody frustrated coaching this side. Our problem is nothing to do with our structures and everything to do with our players brain power. They make poor decisions and turn it over time after time after time. Neeld can't improve their IQ's some of them are just not up to scratch. The only way out is to continue to draft the best young talent and keep working with them until eventually we will at least have half a team with ok skills rather than 3 or 4.

Psychological. Our skills and decisions looked fine in the first quarter.

I think he finally lost me when not deciding to put a hard tag on Swan today.

And allowing O' Brien to match up from the get go and for most of the game on one our slowest and most under done players in Trengove. Buckley and his FD must have been smiling from ear to ear with that one. And laughing for the few minutes during other times when O'Brien was running loose and amok at will. Well done Neeld and FD. Did your homework well.

• Like 1

Clearly the difference between "keep Neeld" and "keep Neeld until August" is too subtle for you.

The only argument that is at all compelling for retaining Neeld until seasons end is that all the people eligible for caretaker are just as culpable for our performance as their boss is. I don't buy it though; I can't see how getting rid of him is going to make the situation any worse than it already is.

Clearly the difference between taking children and watching the game on TV hasn't sunk in to your tiny little brain, you take your kids to watch it live, sorry I forgot your in Tassie.

As much as I want the guy gone I lean towards letting him seeing the year out. I agree with Nasher in that I doubt removing him will change anything. I reckon the damage has been done, but for some reason I doubt things will get worse. Mistakes have been made, but I just don't get the feeling they'll be compounded by him staying.

He must be replaced though at season's end. There's too much water under the bridge and the mistakes he's made won't allow him to move forward.

Don't forget that Swan usually has 40 possessions against good sides. He's the kind of player you can't stop same with Ablett. Hopefully one day we will have a player like that.

We didn't try to stop him. No-one went near him.

Keeping neeld sends a clear message to the rest of the competition that the MFC support incompetence.

And that we are too stupid to even identify incompetence.

Keeping neeld sends a clear message to the rest of the competition that the MFC support incompetence.

And that we are too stupid to even identify incompetence.

That's absolute crap. There's been plenty of other sides who have gone through bad years all be it not as bad. Sticking by people shows a certain strength this club has never had. If Jackson thinks he should go at years end then I'll back him in but if he thinks he is the right man then I'd be happy.

• Like 2

There was plenty of good support at Federation Square today, but no matter how many Neeld people keep pushing his wheelbarrow he is done! How much rubbish can anyone stand to watch is the question.

Not a glimmer of improvement under this coach. Argue against that all you like.