Chris Connolly 2 year contract

DeeSpencer

Sorry iv'a, didn't mean to selectively quote, just didn't interpret your comments in the way you meant them.

I don't think the tanking investigation would ever have happened if Bailey hadn't made his comments at his farewell presser and I don't think he'd have made those comments if we'd handled his situation better. McLean's comments on their own would have amounted to little although Schwab's feud with Wilson was not helpful.

Anyway it's all over now and the reality is we've not been punished. The fine has been made meaningless and those that were involved are largely gone as befits their performance.

Bailey is the biggest victim.

On that we do agree BB. I often wonder how Bailey's coaching would have gone, if he had some clear air to do what he really wanted to.

Demons lose Picks 5, 32, and 47 spread over the 1999 and 2000 drafts for Salary Cap breaches.

Demons select Luke Molan, Steven Armstrong and Aaron Rodgers with Picks 9, 25 and 26 in 2001.

Demons select Daniel Bell and Nick Smith with Picks 14 and15 in 2002.

Demons trade Pick 21 for Ben Holland in 2003.

Demons turn Darren Jolly, Scott Thompson, Picks 13 and 29 into Matthew Bate, Lynden Dunn, Brent Moloney, and Paul Johnson in 2004.

Demons trade Picks 28 and 44 for Byron Pickett in 2005.

Demons select Cale Morton and Addam Maric with Picks 4 and 21 and trade Pick 38 for John Meesen in 2007.

Demons select Sam Blease, James Strauss, and Jamie Bennell with Picks 17, 19, and 35 in 2008.

Demons trade Brock McLean for Pick 11 and select Jordan Gysberts and select Luke Tapscott with Pick 18 in 2009.

Demons lose Cameron Bruce and James McDonald prematurely and select Lucas Cook with Pick 12 in 2010.

These are the bylines to our mysery.

And it spans Boards and Coaches, almost generations...

And it still hurts. Geelong is still fuelled by the drafts of 1999 and 2000. Scott Thompson would be capain of the club should fate have been different.

You can keep looking for blame and assigning it to whomever but there is so much to go around that it becomes irrelevant.

This club is not big enough to get out the torches again. There is no satisfaction in shooting yourself deliberately in the foot.

You want this club to be great again?

Forgive some Demons and get over it.

• Like 6

Conolly took the hit because he knew a fat redundancy was in the air.

Not one word have we heard from Conolly about his beloved Demons.

Not one statement to the members.

He raised a lot of $$$ for the club, but a lot of that now resides in his pocket.

How about a statement to the shareholders Chris??

(And some people on here are still prepared to forgive and forget, and allow him back. Astounding. No wonder this club is a shell right now. )

You don't know CC do you, wyl?

You are so quick to damn Demons.

This club is a shell because we keep burning each other and pointing at one another for the malaise we are in.

This club needs to grow up and that includes it supporters.

• Like 4

Demons lose Picks 5, 32, and 47 spread over the 1999 and 2000 drafts for Salary Cap breaches.

Demons select Luke Molan, Steven Armstrong and Aaron Rodgers with Picks 9, 25 and 26 in 2001.

Demons select Daniel Bell and Nick Smith with Picks 14 and15 in 2002.

Demons trade Pick 21 for Ben Holland in 2003.

Demons turn Darren Jolly, Scott Thompson, Picks 13 and 29 into Matthew Bate, Lynden Dunn, Brent Moloney, and Paul Johnson in 2004.

Demons trade Picks 28 and 44 for Byron Pickett in 2005.

Demons select Cale Morton and Addam Maric with Picks 4 and 21 and trade Pick 38 for John Meesen in 2007.

Demons select Sam Blease, James Strauss, and Jamie Bennell with Picks 17, 19, and 35 in 2008.

Demons trade Brock McLean for Pick 11 and select Jordan Gysberts and select Luke Tapscott with Pick 18 in 2009.

Demons lose Cameron Bruce and James McDonald prematurely and select Lucas Cook with Pick 12 in 2010.

These are the bylines to our mysery.

And it spans Boards and Coaches, almost generations...

And it still hurts. Geelong is still fuelled by the drafts of 1999 and 2000. Scott Thompson would be capain of the club should fate have been different.

You can keep looking for blame and assigning it to whomever but there is so much to go around that it becomes irrelevant.

This club is not big enough to get out the torches again. There is no satisfaction in shooting yourself deliberately in the foot.

You want this club to be great again?

Forgive some Demons and get over it.

I only have one objection rpfc

"some"

"many' would be more appropriate

This club is a shell because we keep burning each other and pointing at one another for the malaise we are in.

The burning at the stake has occurred, as you say, due to generational mismanagement. But we are just being on topic here. To tell long suffering supporters of the need to grow is not telling us anything new, but geez the growing pains are becoming chronic and excruciating.

Please tell me what I have done to bring the MFC to this postion

I have Paid my membership every year, I Have gone to most games over the last 20 years, I have bought raffle tickets

I have gone to AGM's every year, I have Stood in the outer and supported my side.

Can you please tell me as a member what more I could have done

and how I have contributed to the shell that is our club?

Seems to me the people I have entrusted my club to have turned it into a shell not the other way round.

The burning at the stake has occurred, as you say, due to generational mismanagement. But we are just being on topic here. To tell long suffering supporters of the need to grow is not telling us anything new, but geez the growing pains are becoming chronic and excruciating.

I have been growing up so long iv'a I have turned from a young unmarried man into a grand father.

Not sure after 50 years i can grow much more.

jeez

I have been growing up so long iv'a I have turned from a young unmarried man into a grand father.

Not sure after 50 years i can grow much more.

jeez

The other problem is OD, that passing on the MFC mantle to the younger ones is becoming increasingly more difficult. I have no factual basis to say this, but I suspect that on a per capita basis, the MFC would have the oldest membership base in the AFL.

Sorry RPFC, but to tell us we have to grow, is pushing the boundaries a bit and I consider extremely unfair on staunch supporters who have stuck by over many, many years. I have seen this maladministration since the sacking of Norm Smith. As a paid up member - these days almost a shareholder - I consider I have inviolable right to hold this or any other administration to account.

Edited by iv'a worn smith
  • Like 1

The other problem is OD, that passing on the MFC mantle to the younger ones is becoming increasingly more difficult. I have no factual basis to say this, but I suspect that on a per capita basis, the MFC would have the oldest membership base in the AFL.

Sorry RPFC, but to tell us we have to grow, is pushing the boundaries a bit and I consider extremely unfair on staunch supporters who have stuck by over many, many years. I have seen this maladministration since the sacking of Norm Smith. As a paid up member - these days almost a shareholder - I consider I have inviolable right to hold this or any other administration to account.

I lost that battle some time ago iv'a

He owes the Members an explanation whether you like it or not rpfc.

I don't have to know CC personally.

Stop putting Band Aids everywhere. It doesn't work.

He owes the Members an explanation whether you like it or not rpfc.

I don't have to know CC personally.

Stop putting Band Aids everywhere. It doesn't work.

He does not owe the members an explanation.

Your claim that he did it for a fat redundancy is without fact, merit or nous. An all too common low brow effort.

Edited by Rhino Richards

I just wonder how many kids have us as a club of choice to support. You have to feel for the lone kid at Auskick in the MFC jumper.

Please tell me what I have done to bring the MFC to this postion

I have Paid my membership every year, I Have gone to most games over the last 20 years, I have bought raffle tickets

I have gone to AGM's every year, I have Stood in the outer and supported my side.

Can you please tell me as a member what more I could have done

and how I have contributed to the shell that is our club?

Seems to me the people I have entrusted my club to have turned it into a shell not the other way round.

I am talking about the character assassination that wyl just blurted in a previous post.

Stop looking at lines in posts in isolation - but it is plainly just mean and immature to believe that CC is anything other than another Demon who feels the same as we do.

He has made some mistakes, and so have the people that employed him and others, but this endless bonfire has to end.

These people are not characters from LOTR - they are not evil - they are Demons That Have Farked Up.

And there are so many Demons That Have Farked Up over the years that we are all in this together, trying to make amends, forgiving those that have been before, and attempt to pull ourselves out of the muck with the aide of the AFL.

• Like 1

He does not own the members an explanation.

Your claim that he did it for a fat redundancy is without fact, merit or nous. An all too common low brow effort.

That is only your opinion Rhino.

FACT is CC has vanished without a word with bulging pockets.

Leaving the club in a very poor state. Those are the facts.

But i know you will not agree. That's a given.

And when did that "saga" begin? 3 years after the alleged offences took place. The catalyst for the saga was by dent of a number of spurious articles written by one Caroline Wilson. Until that time, the "saga" - read investigation - was not in anyone's line of sight, including the AFL. The so-called practice of tanking came about directly as a result of the construct of the AFL's own drafting framework. The fact that the AFL stuck their collective heads in the sand for so long, makes the whole process even more of a travesty.

Like I said, based on their contradictory findings, the AFL took from us with one hand and less than 12 months later have given us back substantially more with the other. That is the biggest red herring in football that I can think of in living memory.

The saga started when the Board decided to tank and left with Schwab and Connolly to implement.

I agree that the AFL PP rules encourage it and they made a meal of the denial and eventual investigation of it.

But MFC made a bigger mess of it. And it's no good hiding behind Caro for the fundamental failings within the Club.

I think the fact that despite bending the rules, we were such a weakened club saved us from worse.

That is only your opinion Rhino.

FACT is CC has vanished without a word with bulging pockets.

Leaving the club in a very poor state. Those are the facts.

But i know you will not agree. That's a given.

He was suspended from active duty at the club for six months by the AFL.

He was moved on by the new powers at the Club. As a consequence, he was legally entitled to his contract pay out.

For a factless wasteland, your greatest strength is your inability to comprehend that.

He was suspended from active duty at the club for six months by the AFL.

He was moved on by the new powers at the Club. As a consequence, he was legally entitled to his contract pay out.

For a factless wasteland, your greatest strength is your inability to comprehend that.

and lived happily ever after.

I don't need you and your condescending words to tell me what i already know Rhino.

He left without a word and full pockets after making some shocking decisions on our behalf.

The least he could do is make an apology. If you do not feel like reading it that is entirely your choice pal.

I am talking about the character assassination that wyl just blurted in a previous post.

Stop looking at lines in posts in isolation - but it is plainly just mean and immature to believe that CC is anything other than another Demon who feels the same as we do.

He has made some mistakes, and so have the people that employed him and others, but this endless bonfire has to end.

These people are not characters from LOTR - they are not evil - they are Demons That Have Farked Up.

And there are so many Demons That Have Farked Up over the years that we are all in this together, trying to make amends, forgiving those that have been before, and attempt to pull ourselves out of the muck with the aide of the AFL.

Besides what i do rpfc i am buggered if i know what more I could have done in the past or right now.

I also struggle with the idea seeing that what people write on here effects they way the club is run.

I get the feeling that you think giving your thoughts on Demonland makes the MFC function at some lower level than would otherwise be the case.

Perhaps I am just missing your point.

The saga started when the Board decided to tank and left with Schwab and Connolly to implement.

Are you sure of the facts? A Schwab, Connolly initiative and rubber stamped by the Board is more likely IMO. The Board appeared too comatose to be so proactive.

I agree that the AFL PP rules encourage it and they made a meal of the denial and eventual investigation of it.

But MFC made a bigger mess of it. And it's no good hiding behind Caro for the fundamental failings within the Club.

I think the fact that despite bending the rules, we were such a weakened club saved us from worse.

The club only did what the rule which applied at the time permitted. I am not hiding behind Caro, I am simply stating that when Caro's articles began to gain traction in the football world, the AFL was left with no choice. No doubt a deal was done behind close doors, but this was all about the AFL being seen to be proactive.

If, as you say, the saga started when the Board decided to tank, something which the AFL investigation cleared the MFC Board from any wrong doing, then for the purposes of equanimity other clubs ought to have been pursued.

The whole affair - that is the 'investigation' or saga as I call it was a sham.

I don't need you.....to tell me what i already know Rhino.

It's a very low base WYL

He left without a word .....after making some shocking decisions on our behalf.

He was one of a number who made poor decisions. But thats no reason to make the stupid and puerile accusation you did.

The club only did what the rule which applied at the time permitted. I am not hiding behind Caro, I am simply stating that when Caro's articles began to gain traction in the football world, the AFL was left with no choice. No doubt a deal was done behind close doors, but this was all about the AFL being seen to be proactive.

If, as you say, the saga started when the Board decided to tank, something which the AFL investigation cleared the MFC Board from any wrong doing, then for the purposes of equanimity other clubs ought to have been pursued.

The whole affair - that is the 'investigation' or saga as I call it was a sham.

If it was not for Brock's comments on OTC, there would have been no investigation. The AFL would not have started an investigation based on a journalist story given the journo would not give her sources. And Caro reported on the investigation. She did not cause the investigation. However much of what she said was sadly accurate.

B-bob gave good reason amongst other why the Board was cleared. That was the real sham. And in absence of evidence (not hearsay) the issue of equanimity is trite. We should move on.

• Like 1

Conolly took the hit because he knew a fat redundancy was in the air.

Not one word have we heard from Conolly about his beloved Demons.

Not one statement to the members.

He raised a lot of $$$ for the club, but a lot of that now resides in his pocket.

How about a statement to the shareholders Chris??

(And some people on here are still prepared to forgive and forget, and allow him back. Astounding. No wonder this club is a shell right now. )

Hit the nail on the head WYL

If it was not for Brock's comments on OTC, there would have been no investigation. The AFL would not have started an investigation based on a journalist story given the journo would not give her sources. And Caro reported on the investigation. She did not cause the investigation. However much of what she said was sadly accurate.

B-bob gave good reason amongst other why the Board was cleared. That was the real sham. And in absence of evidence (not hearsay) the issue of equanimity is trite. We should move on.

Equanimity is never trite in terms of appropriate justice. Moved on I have, but in terms of this topic I was simply expressing a view in relation to a question posed by Clint B. I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition. Or even a Greek one for that matter.

As I said before on this topic. A far greater "crime" which was committed by the MFC, was a seeming belief that first round draft picks would be a panacea and a failure to develop from within for far too long.