Ox on Open Mike tonight

P-man

You really can't pick the the tone or inflection when it is typed, anyway the Ox didn't turn up tonight to get back on topic, and as for the rest you will either have to stop reading my posts or live with it I'm afraid, attitude ain't gonna change...I really don't care, I use this board for entertainment, same as the footy supposedly is

TSFKA thanks for sharing the expertise, solved a prob I had on another board, cool

You should care though. You would just be another argumentative bloke on an internet forum, but you have identified yourself repeatedly as a volunteer at the club. You could be a lovely old bloke in person, but on here you come across as a right royal pain with muliple button issues. If people are turned off by how you go about things on here, why would they volunteer if they knew they would be working with you? If the Ox read this thread I'm not surprised he didn't turn up.

• Like 2

You should care though. You would just be another argumentative bloke on an internet forum, but you have identified yourself repeatedly as a volunteer at the club. You could be a lovely old bloke in person, but on here you come across as a right royal pain with muliple button issues. If people are turned off by how you go about things on here, why would they volunteer if they knew they would be working with you? If the Ox read this thread I'm not surprised he didn't turn up.

I am only a right pain to the negative nellies we get on this board, combative as well, if they don't like it they can happily not read what I post, like I do to some posters.

So Ox couldn't handle a bit of criticism that would stand him in good stead in the footy industry then wouldn't it.

I thought he might show to a. help the Club and b. prove me wrong, but hey didn't happen, so move on

As explained previously, all the volunteers have differing opinions on all things MFC, (I'll give you an example coz I know he won't mind, Rod Grinter Riot Squad and I are complete opposite on one subject) but we discuss them openly pre and post the volunteering, it doesn't stop us turning up to help the Club we all support, when help is needed, so your argument is a bit mute wouldn't you think

We even discuss what I post, I know some don't like it, but I don't like what they post either, but being adults, we get on with it, simple really

On another point, there are members who won't renew and when you ask them why, they quote some of the negative rubbish that has been perpetuated on here, you can tell it is paraphrased

You can't have two rules on here, which is what you and a few others seem to be implying, you have to agree with the so called majority, no none of us have to

This whole topic is about the Ox, some regard him as a necessity at the Club, I don't, simple as that

I am only a right pain to the negative nellies we get on this board, combative as well, if they don't like it they can happily not read what I post, like I do to some posters.

So Ox couldn't handle a bit of criticism that would stand him in good stead in the footy industry then wouldn't it.

I thought he might show to a. help the Club and b. prove me wrong, but hey didn't happen, so move on

As explained previously, all the volunteers have differing opinions on all things MFC, (I'll give you an example coz I know he won't mind, Rod Grinter Riot Squad and I are complete opposite on one subject) but we discuss them openly pre and post the volunteering, it doesn't stop us turning up to help the Club we all support, when help is needed, so your argument is a bit mute wouldn't you think

We even discuss what I post, I know some don't like it, but I don't like what they post either, but being adults, we get on with it, simple really

On another point, there are members who won't renew and when you ask them why, they quote some of the negative rubbish that has been perpetuated on here, you can tell it is paraphrased

You can't have two rules on here, which is what you and a few others seem to be implying, you have to agree with the so called majority, no none of us have to

This whole topic is about the Ox, some regard him as a necessity at the Club, I don't, simple as that

No you are a right pain on here to anyone that doesn't agree with you on anything, no matter how they express it. If you can't see that how you express yourself on the forum is counter productive then I guess that just reinforces the stereotype that you are coming across as. Good on Rod Grinter Riot Squad for volunteering I didn't know that...hmmmm

Good players dont necessarily translate into good coaches. How would he teach the sheer brilliance that he displayed?

Umjmm maybe because he was one of the best CHF;s in the history of the club, and in 1994 was as good as Carey

He kind of knows what to takes to play in the forward line, and on top of that he is a great leader and would be a great teacher for the players

Cant believe I needed to explain that to you champ

No you are a right pain on here to anyone that doesn't agree with you on anything, no matter how they express it. If you can't see that how you express yourself on the forum is counter productive then I guess that just reinforces the stereotype that you are coming across as. Good on Rod Grinter Riot Squad for volunteering I didn't know that...hmmmm

What stereotype, you seem to be the one with the problem, you want to classify posters, I can disagree with whoever I want,

Counter productive to what?...........

Most of what is posted on here is rubbish, it is a Footy Board

Most footy people you speak to laugh when you mention these boards.

There are only a small number who post on here, some just read coz they don't want the risk of being bullied or trolled by some of the more aggressive posters, you also see the same small group on Ology, nothing written on here matters, sorry to tell you

I disagree with everything for my entertainment, what don't you get, there are keyboard heroes on here who need to be combatted against, I don't post on here to achieve anything

Some posters must really think sitting behind their keyboard they are going to change the world, er no they're not

What stereotype, you seem to be the one with the problem, you want to classify posters, I can disagree with whoever I want,

Counter productive to what?...........

Most of what is posted on here is rubbish, it is a Footy Board

Most footy people you speak to laugh when you mention these boards.

There are only a small number who post on here, some just read coz they don't want the risk of being bullied or trolled by some of the more aggressive posters, you also see the same small group on Ology, nothing written on here matters, sorry to tell you

I disagree with everything for my entertainment, what don't you get, there are keyboard heroes on here who need to be combatted against, I don't post on here to achieve anything

Some posters must really think sitting behind their keyboard they are going to change the world, er no they're not

You mean aggressive posters like yourself lol. You have a short memory. You gave me all sorts of reasons as to why you posted on this board. So you basically troll people for your own entertainment lovely.

Interestingly tweeted him yesterday about joining us last night to do the ring around trying to get members back on board, thought him ringing might get a few more, minor but important, but he didn't show

a tweet is such a great way to communicate isn't it.

a tweet is such a great way to communicate isn't it.

Well I don't have his mobile number, if you have, let me have it and I will try for next week, you have to use the tools available

You mean aggressive posters like yourself lol. You have a short memory. You gave me all sorts of reasons as to why you posted on this board. So you basically troll people for your own entertainment lovely.

Trolling, if you want to call it that, pointing out to posters that maybe some of their thoughts and opinions may be wrong, well...

I'm afraid I am not alone in that behaviour I think you will find, it is a public footy forum after all, what other reason is it there for?

Aggressive moi, don't resort to such edifying comments as 'peanut', 'fool' 'delusional' as other posters do, try to keep it a bit more cerebral

The board is entertaiment, I love logging on of a morning to see what pearls of wisdom have appeared overnight, cheers me up no end, but also allows me to defend the footy club I support

Edited by Satyriconhome

Well I don't have his mobile number, if you have, let me have it and I will try for next week, you have to use the tools available

Trolling, if you want to call it that, pointing out to posters that maybe some of their thoughts and opinions may be wrong, well...

I'm afraid I am not alone in that behaviour I think you will find, it is a public footy forum after all, what other reason is it there for it?

Aggressive moi, don't resort to such edifying comments as 'peanut', 'fool' 'delusional' as other posters do, try to keep it a bit more cerebral

The board is entertaiment, I love logging on of a morning to see what pearls of wisdom have appeared overnight, cheers me up no end, but also allows me to defend the footy club I support

"cerebral"? now that WAS funny

"cerebral"? now that WAS funny

...oh good, now you are getting it.....any way let's start driving the change, The Ox for President, Mark Jackson for Head of Communications, Ben Cousins Sports Science, Robbo new Defensive Coach (sorry Robbo), Tim Cahill as left field Midfield Coach, instead of Mark Jamar tapping which other teams seem to read, we will get him heading the footy fwd

I'm afraid I am not alone in that behaviour I think you will find, it is a public footy forum after all, what other reason is it there for?

Hahaha I imagine it does cheer you up. You love to troll. The fact that you used the word cerebral to describe how you post is another example of trolling or self delusion...

Hahaha I imagine it does cheer you up. You love to troll. The fact that you used the word cerebral to describe how you post is another example of trolling or self delusion...

Sorry, you don't get it do you, ah well, see Robbiefrom13 post and my answer, I'll leave you to ponder on why I get under your skin so much, as it seems the issue is with you

Sorry, you don't get it do you, ah well, see Robbiefrom13 post and my answer, I'll leave you to ponder on why I get under your skin so much, as it seems the issue is with you

Perhaps you should also ponder why so many things get under your skin and not just about the Dees...

Nothing on here matters yet it allows you to defend the footy club....haha got me rookie mistake on my part, don't feed the trolls.

no, I distance myself from you, Sh.

your answer was not funny. I actually don't think your original funniness was as intentional as you say either, though of course I can't know.

Ridiculing the club's predicament as you did is using this forum to service your own self-admiration. Reductio ad absurdum? No - you are just trading in straw men, and the distance between your straw men and the ideas you comment on is too great.

Talking down to others all the time is just boorish.

Shifting tack as soon as you are challenged makes your contributing weak, not clever, and telling us all to ignore you doesn't absolve you of the essential incivility of your posting. Yes, ok, we'll ignore you, but who do you think you are talking to? Oh yes - for your own entertainment...

no, I distance myself from you, Sh.

your answer was not funny. I actually don't think your original funniness was as intentional as you say either, though of course I can't know.

Ridiculing the club's predicament as you did is using this forum to service your own self-admiration. Reductio ad absurdum? No - you are just trading in straw men, and the distance between your straw men and the ideas you comment on is too great.

Talking down to others all the time is just boorish.

Shifting tack as soon as you are challenged makes your contributing weak, not clever, and telling us all to ignore you doesn't absolve you of the essential incivility of your posting. Yes, ok, we'll ignore you, but who do you think you are talking to? Oh yes - for your own entertainment...

I have both of you engaged this morning, with both trying to point out the supposed error of my ways, rather entertaining don't you think, you really do need to lighten up

I'll just repeat, this is a footy forum, you don't know who you are talking to, they are only typing so you can't see body language, expression, circumstance etc, so to try and psycho analyse is treading on rather dangerous territory don't you think, better off thinking of what changes should happen with the footy club

I don't ridicule the Club's predicatment, I ridicule some of the posts/posters on here, as politely as I can of course, I care about the Club, that is why I take action, rather than just words which is all this Board is

I like Latin, it describes absurdity so well, although I think Demonland suffices wouldn't you say

I've only watched the first half of the interview but it made me fall in love with the great man all over again.

60 goals from CHF in 1994, most marks in the league, and in his own words, he was finding the game so easy to play.

Great hands, wonderful agility, and all the confidence in the world.

The pirouette in the semi final against the Bulldogs is still probably my favourite football memory in 30+ years of following the MFC.

<3

• Like 2

I have both of you engaged this morning, with both trying to point out the supposed error of my ways, rather entertaining don't you think, you really do need to lighten up

I'll just repeat, this is a footy forum, you don't know who you are talking to, they are only typing so you can't see body language, expression, circumstance etc, so to try and psycho analyse is treading on rather dangerous territory don't you think, better off thinking of what changes should happen with the footy club

I don't ridicule the Club's predicatment, I ridicule some of the posts/posters on here, as politely as I can of course, I care about the Club, that is why I take action, rather than just words which is all this Board is

I like Latin, it describes absurdity so well, although I think Demonland suffices wouldn't you say

Are you really such a raging narcissist? You get entertainment from sticking the knife in when people are venting. You aren't polite and you should also take your own advice when replying to other people's posts, you get inevitable reactions. You say you love the club, yet you serve to entrench people's negative opinions. It is not your views that to me are a problem, it is how you go about things. As I said in person you could be a lovely old bloke.

Are you really such a raging narcissist? You get entertainment from sticking the knife in when people are venting. You aren't polite and you should also take your own advice when replying to other people's posts, you get inevitable reactions. You say you love the club, yet you serve to entrench people's negative opinions. It is not your views that to me are a problem, it is how you go about things. As I said in person you could be a lovely old bloke.

I like to give the impression of such on this board, yes

You don't have to be polite on this board, you get banned if you take it too far, so not a problem

Not sure how I entrench the negative opiniions, you could try and explain

You will never repeat never change people's negative opinions anyway, been around long enough to realise that, why do you think some of those horrid Reality tv shows are such a success, like the traffic accident, can't look away, people love to wallow in other peoples or their own misery

The media feeds on this negativity as well, positivity doesn't sell half as well

At the moment the Footy Club is in a bit of a predicament, so we have posters coming up with all sorts of theories, suggestions, absurd ideas on how to fix it, if I don't like them, say so, I love the reactions, like I said previously water of a duck's back, I find it entertaining.....but this is only on the Board

The membership is still creeping up day by day, a win on the field would do wonders, so what is written on here doesn't really matter, most is only regurgitation of something a so called journalist or commentator has said anyway,, there is hardly an original thought between the lot of us

I think it was Dr Turf who first broached the idea of the Ox riding in on his white horse to save the Club

I think the problem lies in what you think Demonland is here for

If you think this board has issues, I'll point you at a couple of non footy ones if you like

Must i read this rubbish on a David Schwarz thread?

Talk about the interview or go away.

If you wish to speak to the Ox ring SEN after 4pm. He does 5 nights a week.

Thank God the new CEO starts today.

And what's he going to do?????........He will review the clubs books and the way the club is run as a business ........Which last time I looked was running at a small profit.....He may review the Football dept and find that you can't turn around a crap side in 1 year.......He may find and agree that the football dept is on the right track and it will take time to become a better competitive side.......What will you do then.....Call for him to be sacked??????.....Sorry off topic but some people have to realise that he is not the saviour that will solve all our problems.

• Like 1

I like to give the impression of such on this board, yes

You don't have to be polite on this board, you get banned if you take it too far, so not a problem

Not sure how I entrench the negative opiniions, you could try and explain

You will never repeat never change people's negative opinions anyway, been around long enough to realise that, why do you think some of those horrid Reality tv shows are such a success, like the traffic accident, can't look away, people love to wallow in other peoples or their own misery

The media feeds on this negativity as well, positivity doesn't sell half as well

At the moment the Footy Club is in a bit of a predicament, so we have posters coming up with all sorts of theories, suggestions, absurd ideas on how to fix it, if I don't like them, say so, I love the reactions, like I said previously water of a duck's back, I find it entertaining.....but this is only on the Board

The membership is still creeping up day by day, a win on the field would do wonders, so what is written on here doesn't really matter, most is only regurgitation of something a so called journalist or commentator has said anyway,, there is hardly an original thought between the lot of us

I think it was Dr Turf who first broached the idea of the Ox riding in on his white horse to save the Club

I think the problem lies in what you think Demonland is here for

If you think this board has issues, I'll point you at a couple of non footy ones if you like

You are missing the proviso some people. At least this post shows a bit more self awareness. You say the media feeds on negativity, yet earlier in the thread you pot the Ox for his addiction. You seem unaware of or have dismissed the genetic components and neurobiological changes that make the experience of addiction different for many people. Thus it is easier for some to quit than others. Someone who can stand up and say I got through this would be very helpful I would have thought.

And what's he going to do?????........He will review the clubs books and the way the club is run as a business ........Which last time I looked was running at a small profit.....He may review the Football dept and find that you can't turn around a crap side in 1 year.......He may find and agree that the football dept is on the right track and it will take time to become a better competitive side.......What will you do then.....Call for him to be sacked??????.....Sorry off topic but some people have to realise that he is not the saviour that will solve all our problems.

mate we have been a crap side for longer than 1 year.

I don't think you realize the seriousness of a CEO that is sent to the club via the AFL.

Jackson will do a lot more than read the Books.

Must i read this rubbish on a David Schwarz thread?

Talk about the interview or go away.

If you wish to speak to the Ox ring SEN after 4pm. He does 5 nights a week.

Thank God the new CEO starts today.

Sorry WYL you are right. No more posting on the matter for me then.