• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes v Carlton

DeeSpencer

I agree his tackling is weak, no argument there.

Honestly, if you can find a way to watch the game with no bias you will notice how often Watts was busting his gut as the only player chasing, and he was knackered from it.

That fact you called his two goals "cheap" tells me how unbiased your opinion is.

Any chance at all of both clark and dawes being right to play?

Find out for sure on Thursday, but from what I can tell Dawes will need another week at least at VFL and I have a bad feeling about Clark, don't think we'll see him this week.

Any chance of getting some actual decent and honest information about our main/best forwards injury?

It's abit of a worry isn't it, Hope the big fella is okay.

fb- nicholson frawley garland

hb- grimes pedersen terlich

c- sylvia mckeznie trengove

hf-howe watts evans

ff- dawes gawn byrnes

foll- jamar, jones,viney

int- rodan, jones, bail (sub blease )

outs- tapscott: too ineffective

mcdonald: needs a rest and a confidence boost

davey: too ineffective

ins- nicholson: straight to yarran/garlett/betts

dawes: paid to be a goal kicking big man

viney: because we NEED him

Edited by rolly

Haha you are kidding. What about plenty of easy marks his opponent took whilst he trailed in behind. What about his tackling attempts that are just wrapping the arms around. No shoulder or force behind it.

His game on the weekend to me was a couple of kicks from the backline, 2 cheap goals and only one attempt when he actually jumped at the ball in the air.

Watts signature move is half hearted, it has been since he entered the league.

exactly, you are spot on.

fb- nicholson frawley garland

hb- grimes pedersen terlich

c- sylvia mckeznie trengove

hf-howe watts evans

ff- dawes gawn byrnes

foll- jamar, jones,viney

int- rodan, jones, bail (sub blease )

outs- tapscott: too ineffective

mcdonald: needs a rest and a confidence boost

davey: too ineffective

ins- nicholson: straight to yarran/garlett/betts

dawes: paid to be a goal kicking big man

viney: because we NEED him

Couldn't disagree anymore, i have felt this year that Tappy has really taken some positive steps forward in his regards to his development.

He is starting to play and own that role on the Half forward flank and become a necessary/important part of the team.

When we FINALLY have a forward set up of Dawes and Clark, Tapscott will only improve even more from this.

• Like 2

Its so funny hearing all the supporters requesting to drop David Rodan! I read so many supporters asking him to come into the side when he dominated for Casey. Fact of the matter is is that he is no better than any other midfielder in our team. He barely touched it against Brisbane and had been rubbish in his other games for the dees. Him and Gillies have been a waste of draft picks. I'm not actually sure why he was recruited? for leadership maybe? Because he cant get the ball.

Anyhow, yes i think he should be dropped. Strauss must be given a game. As others have said play Grimes in the middle, we cant get any worse.

McDonald for Sellar is pointless. McDonald will be a good backman and bringing in Sellar will not help us anyway as he is a spud.

In: Strauss, Dunn

Out: Rodan, Pederson

Couldn't disagree anymore, i have felt this year that Tappy has really taken some positive steps forward in his regards to his development.

He is starting to play and own that role on the Half forward flank and become a necessary/important part of the team.

When we FINALLY have a forward set up of Dawes and Clark, Tapscott will only improve even more from this.

Took some great marks yesterday too.

As I've said to a lot of the Watts haters, watching the game for a second time should be obligatory before trying to make definitive statements on players.

Tappy was good enough to get another game this week.

• Like 1

Its so funny hearing all the supporters requesting to drop David Rodan! I read so many supporters asking him to come into the side when he dominated for Casey. Fact of the matter is is that he is no better than any other midfielder in our team. He barely touched it against Brisbane and had been rubbish in his other games for the dees. Him and Gillies have been a waste of draft picks. I'm not actually sure why he was recruited? for leadership maybe? Because he cant get the ball.

Anyhow, yes i think he should be dropped. Strauss must be given a game. As others have said play Grimes in the middle, we cant get any worse.

McDonald for Sellar is pointless. McDonald will be a good backman and bringing in Sellar will not help us anyway as he is a spud.

In: Strauss, Dunn

Out: Rodan, Pederson

Totally agree on Rodan and Gillies, but I think Rodan had to get a game against Brisbane due to the (hate to use a buzzword, but..) culture we are trying to create seeing he was BOG for Casey the week before. The same reasoning extends to why Dunn WILL get a game this week. Not because he's the future, but because he earned it.

Took some great marks yesterday too.

As I've said to a lot of the Watts haters, watching the game for a second time should be obligatory before trying to make definitive statements on players.

Tappy was good enough to get another game this week.

the only thing I don't like about him is how much he goes to ground.. particularly yesterday when he was outnumbered, you have to try and hold them up in that situation

FB: Terlich Sellar GarlandHB: Grimes Frawley DunnC: Evans Jones ByrnesHF: Tapscott Pedersen VineyFF: Howe Gawn BailFoll: Jamar Trengove SylviaInt: Strauss McKenzie M. Jones KentOut: McDonald, Blease, Rodan, Watts, DaveyIn: Sellar, Dunn, Strauss, Viney, KentTommy McDonald will be a good player for us but he needs a break. Full back isn't his go yet. Lets give Sellar a shot. Similarly its time for Dunn and Strauss to have a go at half back so we can play Evans and Grimes in the midfield. Viney needs to come back.Time to give Kent a go as sub if not full game.I'm not sure about Dawes in for Pedersen or not. It really means little.Please have mercy on our rubbish midfield Carlton

Watts out? Joking right? It was by far his best game of the year and many more would be dropped before him. Get off his back and learn a thing or two about football before commenting. #troll
  • Like 1

This early in the week we need to see who comes up and who is injured. Tom Mac needs to go back to casey to find some form and confidence, Rodan and Blease may be good at VFL but they don't cut it at AFL especially against an elite Carlton midfield. Jordy fumbled and just seems off the pace and is a atagger only, so that is 4 out and Davey may need a full game at casey after 2 weeks as sub. That makes 5 out

the only thing I don't like about him is how much he goes to ground.. particularly yesterday when he was outnumbered, you have to try and hold them up in that situation

We're disagreeing on a lot, but I totally agree there. Goes to ground too often, he has A LOT of mates there though, Jamar and McKenzie were also culprits of that yesterday (as they often are).

Watts out? Joking right? It was by far his best game of the year and many more would be dropped before him. Get off his back and learn a thing or two about football before commenting. #troll

Here's a thing about football. When you are a defender your first job is to be on your man. Watts was so bad at it he had to get moved forward. Here's another thing, when you've played been on an Afl list for 5 years you should know how to tackle.

My second post I've decided to keep Watts and play him forward but it's an indictment on him that he has to be moved back to the other end of the ground having failed as a defender. Imagine if you were a chef and had to keep getting moved between desserts and entres because you keep stuffing both up.

Here's a thing or two about life. If you are going to insult someone maybe get all the facts first.

Then you with your 56 posts won't look like such a tool calling me a troll. Stick your hash tag where the sun don't shine.

• Like 1

Neeld will turn the ship around, I have no doubt of that, his game plan is evident if you look very closely, he exudes charisma and I believe he is tactically superior to Malthouse, I look forward to the coming clash...go dees

Neeld will turn the ship around, I have no doubt of that, his game plan is evident if you look very closely, he exudes charisma and I believe he is tactically superior to Malthouse, I look forward to the coming clash...go dees

Hahahaha.... Sarcasm right?

Re watch yesterdays game and see how ridiculous taking Byrnes out is

No.

If we are honestly trying to rebuild our culture we need to play those who deserve it, not just pick players based on their names. Plus, Byrnes out? Geez that's dumb.

So for mine it's:

OUT: Pedo, Rodan, Jamar

IN: Dunn, Spencer, Kent

Watts to take Pedo's spot forward, Dunn to take Watts' spot back.

You watch Byrnes get exposed against Carlton. He'll get less than 6 possessions and have no impact

You watch Byrnes get exposed against Carlton. He'll get less than 6 possessions and have no impact

Maybe, maybe not, but he's been good the last two weeks so deserves his chance to play again.

That's how you create a winning culture.

• Like 1