OUR CLUB NEEDS UNITY - Support the club - Rally at our open training session - Friday 12th April - 9:45am - Gosch's Paddock

Wizza

Good idea Wizza but am in Brissy so won't get to training ses in Melb.

I can however show my support when they are up here and go to the open training ses at the gabba when they play up here which is in a few wks. In total there will be 5 of us plus the others which normally turn up.

Good luck with it.

Remember what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

Here's a chance to give something back to a club that has been copping it from all sides for six months. We were made the scapegoats for the practice of extracting the most desirable draft picks from a disappointing season. We have been crucified by media knobs who have vested interests. Melbourne people have been under attack so often from far and wide that it has become a sport. Last night I sat beside four opposition supporters who spent the whole evening ridiculing Melbourne players. Their key targets were Watts, Davey and Clark. When Davey snapped his first goal I jumped up and got right in their faces. But I did it with a smile on my dial and they weren't too sure of how to respond. When Davey kicked his second, miraculous, goal I jumped up again and gave them more of the same. I told them that it would only get worse every time he goaled. Davey didn't snag another, but you know what? They stopped bagging Davey from that point on. Sometimes you have to stand up and support your own!

nice work ww. we need more supporters standing up. for too long we have been the fat kid in the school yard. well, guess what, fat kids about to go postal! lets start standing up for our club. not the old shrug of the shoulders stuff. i know we dont have much ammo at the moment but club culture is reflection of attitude on and off the ground. we can only change the off field stuff unfortunately

The focus for this movement is simple. By uniting around the team, in this their darkest hour, we are making the clear statement that our support for the Melbourne Football Club is non-negotiable. We are in this for the long haul and we will never quit.

• Like 2

I'm going to paste a comment I made on another post, for two reasons. One... I want to keep this thread in view, and Two... it touches on the role we supporters can play in an immediate turn around.

"... I think Robbie was trying to add perspective, which I think he is well placed to provide. I believe he is right about that observation. For those who think this is the first time our club, or any other, has been faced with dire on-field issues... think again. The immediate challenge is how to get a better performance from the 22 blokes who take the field this week. That is where the combined effort should be directed, and I include the supporter group when I speak of the combination. I have nothing but contempt for those who think denegrating the current list is an answer for the lack of confidence being displayed at this time. From little things, big things grow. It is time for the rank and file to display the internal fortitude that is being demanded of the playing group. The media enjoys the spectacle of headless chooks!"

I'm going to paste a comment I made on another post, for two reasons. One... I want to keep this thread in view, and Two... it touches on the role we supporters can play in an immediate turn around.

"... I think Robbie was trying to add perspective, which I think he is well placed to provide. I believe he is right about that observation. For those who think this is the first time our club, or any other, has been faced with dire on-field issues... think again. The immediate challenge is how to get a better performance from the 22 blokes who take the field this week. That is where the combined effort should be directed, and I include the supporter group when I speak of the combination. I have nothing but contempt for those who think denegrating the current list is an answer for the lack of confidence being displayed at this time. From little things, big things grow. It is time for the rank and file to display the internal fortitude that is being demanded of the playing group. The media enjoys the spectacle of headless chooks!"

They report what they see

Response from the club:

"""

Thank you for your email.

The Club is currently still in the process of confirming the open training time for this week. We are certainly conscious that there are supporters who are eager to attend and we will endeavour to have this information available shortly. All updates will posted on the training times page on the MFC website.

Many thanks for your support.

"""

So, this is good...

Wizard, love your style. Too many of our "fans" bleating, turning their backs on us, whinging, offering no real solution. We need to hold fast, ride out the storm and be part of the solution.

I want my son to have a club to follow and for him to experience some success in the not-too distant future. Whilst this seems unlikely at the moment we need to rise above this and ensure that we can move forward.

I agree with waynerussell that our past players should have a presence around the club this week. Barassi in particular should be invited in as I'm sure that he could do some value adding to our players.

• Like 1

This is just central to our success - we can't just tune in on the w'end and then drop off for the week - the Club is imperilled, and needs our support - not CS, JM, but each and every player - even if you don't like them, or think they're spuds - they still pull on the red and blue - let's cut the crap, and cut out the middle men and support our team - all the days, all the time

• Like 1

"If you live long enough, you'll make mistakes. But if you learn from them, you'll be a better person. It's how you handle adversity, not how it affects you. The main thing is never quit, never quit, never quit."

William J. Clinton

Good old William J. Clinton hit the nail on the head here. The easy thing to do would be to turn our back on the club and pretend all this never happened. Well guess what? It is happening. It's how we all deal with it that matters. It's easy to give up, it's easy to stay home and pretend like we don't care, but the reality is, Red & Blue runs through our veins and no matter how much we deny it, we all love the Melbourne Football Cub.

I've supported this club for over 20 years and i'm not giving up, i'm never quitting on them , EVER!!!!!

I PROPOSE WE ALL GATHER TOGETHER AS ONE AT OUR NEXT TRAINING SESSION.

LETS SHOW THE PLAYERS HOW MUCH THE CLUB MEANS TO US.

I understand that the majority would be reluctant to partake in such an extreme act but I honestly think that this is the only way we can get through to the players. Imagine the scene, Imagine the headlines!!!! Our club needs help, I wont stand by and do nothing because I love this club way too much. I WILL NEVER QUIT.

I understand that people work during the day, but would you turn up to training if we made the grand final? Don't kid yourself, this is more important. We are talking about saving our Club.

Our Club Needs Unity.

Who's with me?

It would be great to see as many supporters as possible unfortunately work commitments discourage a great deal of people!

On the other hand:

I'll be there! Rang the club today but couldn't give me answer on next open session (Most likely Friday) ill be there showing my support. Along with how much it's means to us supporters. MFC for life!

Here's a list

WIZZA

WAYNEWUSSELL

THE HEART BEATS TRUE

MUNGA

JOSH

GENERATION DEE

FRANKIE_D

ROOST IT (Thurs)

COSMOKRAMER