GAMEDAY - ROUND 2

What

Neeld stays, sylvia, jamar and watts go, people on this site need to start blaming players not coach. Our players are pea hearts.

No DR, MN and some others go - most of the players stay - they were mostly recruited because they could play football, it is MN and Co who have changed that!

Because 1. our coach has no idea of game plan or people skills.

2. We have a nice but unintelligent CEO [which affects little things every day & it adds up]

3. It seems we have and have had so little serious footy nous at any level of the club, leading to:

4. Poor decisions re drafting, hiring coaches & everyone

5. People not realising that AFL is a very serious full time career now. [i was slaughtered by D'land posters when I suggested Martin needed to spend much time thinking about his footy, learning to play CHF & ruck, and less time with the girlfriend and the Law studies etc., ]

I suggested we trade Jamar while he was worth something & keep Martin as 1st ruck this year.

Have a nice day everyone :-)

In Melbourne R-Mac, we're pitied. Talked to a few re this phenomena and there is just nothing your friends can offer. There is no encouragement because there is none to offer. Opposition fans often read things better.

Greg Wells talked about the 80's players getting involved. Who else have we got? I favour a group from the 90's and the first half of the 2000's. We had some very committed players out of that era who may drive the club forward. Get some younger minds in there.

Gotta be better than the current crop of people - they need to get out of the way and let others have a go at it. We've literally got nothing to lose.

How many watershed moments do we need? The fans hanging over the race after the game was an eye-opener. The club has to act but really, who or what is the club right now? Most of us are looking for some sort of direction but it's with zero confidence. Lowest ebb for a lot of us.

Solution - throw every position open and see what you can come up with. And hope to goodness that the right people come forward.

• Like 1

No DR, MN and some others go - most of the players stay - they were mostly recruited because they could play football, it is MN and Co who have changed that!

You must have no idea, Neeld is the right coach, it is the same old players that take a pay cheque and dont care, neeld removed some and he has more to go, some players dont care and caring is what drives us, for those who dont care go. Neeld cares, i will take him over most of our players.

• Like 1

Hardnut what are the players wrong about? All I know is they are [censored] at footy.... Please enlighten us.....

I was referring to comments that the players could not buy into MN's game plan - my belief is that MN's game plan is wrong and the players are not buying into it because they know better based on their development over the years and their observations of friends and colleagues at other clubs - yes, they do talk to players at other clubs! I believe most of the playes can succeed at AFL level if given the proper coaching.

You must have no idea, Neeld is the right coach, it is the same old players that take a pay cheque and dont care, neeld removed some and he has more to go, some players dont care and caring is what drives us, for those who dont care go. Neeld cares, i will take him over most of our players.

Then we must agree to disagree - time will tell!

• Like 1

Then we must agree to disagree - time will tell!

Over my dead body!

I am sick of waiting and don't want to wait another two years for the club to realize that Neeld has assigned us to the dust bin for history

In Melbourne R-Mac, we're pitied. Talked to a few re this phenomena and there is just nothing your friends can offer. There is no encouragement because there is none to offer. Opposition fans often read things better.

Greg Wells talked about the 80's players getting involved. Who else have we got? I favour a group from the 90's and the first half of the 2000's. We had some very committed players out of that era who may drive the club forward. Get some younger minds in there.

Gotta be better than the current crop of people - they need to get out of the way and let others have a go at it. We've literally got nothing to lose.

How many watershed moments do we need? The fans hanging over the race after the game was an eye-opener. The club has to act but really, who or what is the club right now? Most of us are looking for some sort of direction but it's with zero confidence. Lowest ebb for a lot of us.

Solution - throw every position open and see what you can come up with. And hope to goodness that the right people come forward.

You're right Macca, I've been back in Melbourne 2-3 months and see it.

However I'm unconfident we have enough people at MFC in positions of authority with enough footy nous to know who to hire and what to do. As much as I feel for them, I think Schwab and Neeld should go and probably more, but who to get?!

Edited by Rob Mac......

Over my dead body!

I am sick of waiting and don't want to wait another two years for the club to realize that Neeld has assigned us to the dust bin for history

You are correct Young Dee - I was using a common phrase which can be interpreted in many ways - I suspect there will be a Board meeting tomorrow.

Geez.... Where did the off season go..... Was so much better not knowing we'd be terrible again... Hey maybe we could be tanking? Losing was better when I thought that was the intention.....