CASEY SCORPIONS v FRANKSTON

KC from Casey

Hope you're right Rjay. But I'm not a big believer in getting young players to play in a significantly lower grade. Generally equals loss of form and greater chance of injury as you hold back.

Hope you're right Rjay. But I'm not a big believer in getting young players to play in a significantly lower grade. Generally equals loss of form and greater chance of injury as you hold back.

Agree with you 'Return', I would rather see Taggert get a taste of AFL (has the size and skill to play the level, he's not a skinny kid) as soon as he gets a couple of good games under his belt. Casey two's is not the spot for that.

Kent is another that will be better for an AFL run, another not a skinny kid.

We have attack record of doing that. Ie Lucas Cook. Yes, he didn't make it but its not a move that helps the cause in terms of confidence IMO

Taggert was being talked up last yr by mfc coaches as one to watch, have some balls Melbourne and [censored] off some of our list cloggers and give kids like Taggert, Tynan a chance to develop properly in the Vfl seniors.

We got rid of a large number of list cloggers this year. But you are right and it is a real concern how many we still have left on the list...

Why can't the club explain Tynan and Taggarts situation? Another example of shyte communications.

I asked the two players in question and the development coach at training this morning, also read Heartbeat you get a bit more info, and there is a report on Club website on both from last week's game...shyte post on your part really

Here's hoping some players like Strauss, Jetta, Davies, Taggert, Spencer, Gawn and Tynan can show something as well as Kent - I think Melbournes rebuild means playing many younger players and hoping they will want to give all for this club.

Really hope Sylvia, Nicholson, Gillies and Seller are dropped. If I was the coach, I'd be telling them to get desperate because it could be your last ever AFL game.

Wonder if the AFL would beend the rules and allow Hogan to play if the MFC requested it.

• Like 1

Details from the Development League game.

Goals

Casey Scorpions
Hughes 3 Matthews 2 Lang Meadows Nicholls Taggert

Best

Casey Scorpions
Nicholls Pollard Hill Waters Troutman Rutherford

The crowd is observing a minute's silence for 2006 Scorpions B&F David Biagi, who died of cancer late last year.

Details from the Development League game.

Goals

Casey Scorpions Hughes 3 Matthews 2 Lang Meadows Nicholls Taggert

Best

Casey Scorpions Nicholls Pollard Hill Waters Troutman Rutherford

I find it simply amazing that Taggert is playing in this group at a time when we cant find a midfielder to bless ourselves with. Did we recruit him with VFL seconds in mind? Has he gone backwards? Did he not have it from the outset? What does playing VFA seconds do to a young players confidence? I just don't get this and as he's not in the better players does this mean he stays there? What is the story?

This story has been covered so many times. He had a debilitating back injury and they are bringing him back through the vfl 2s

You don't expect us mugs to accept that explanation do you?

Could someone find out the name of Casey's CEO. I want him sacked!

• Like 1

Tapscott & Evans goal.

Scores 2.1.13 to 2.1.13

KC I know it's hard to keep track of everyone's requests but if possible would it be alright to cover Jetta and Strauss this afternoon. The level we need a running HBF was so evident last night, whoever is best out of those two should get a run against WCE.

Thanks again and go scorps

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.