Round 2: Team Selection and Match Ups

Philthy

I reckon they using some internal measures to determine who is in and out, because from the outside it is difficult to understand.

I cannot see how Gillies holds his spot when it seems like Tom McDonald is a perfect swap for him. Also, I can't see who he matches up on for the Bombers.

And Jetta for Nicholson does seem right.

I spoke to Jetta outside the MCG last Sunday and mentioned that I was disappointed he was not in the side. He seemed a bit flat and replied that he was very disappointed himself...I can't imagine missing out again after seeing last week's effort is going to make his disposition any better.
  • Like 2

Why don't we give Davey a run in back line again get some run and good delivery out of there.

He hasn't been getting his hand on the forty up forward. Same with Tappy.

Davey and Watts both in the backline? You serious? We'll be looser than Jenna Jameson's cooch back there.

Edited by Chook
  • Like 1

I reckon they using some internal measures to determine who is in and out, because from the outside it is difficult to understand.

I cannot see how Gillies holds his spot when it seems like Tom McDonald is a perfect swap for him. Also, I can't see who he matches up on for the Bombers.

I agree 100% Maldonboy38

Most will say they know more about it than both of us.

But I am getting a bad feeling about all this it just makes you start to wonder about how smart is our FD

I spoke to Jetta outside the MCG last Sunday and mentioned that I was disappointed he was not in the side. He seemed a bit flat and replied that he was very disappointed himself...I can't imagine missing out again after seeing last week's effort is going to make his disposition any better.

How on earth does Gillies / Nicholson stay in and Jetta out again?

Love seeing Terlich in there for Dunn. Might be difficult for him to get back in if Terlich takes to his role.

Glad Gillies gets another shot - I thought the entire backline was rubbish last week - I didn't want to see him scapegoated.

Trengove will take a while to get going...

• Like 1

Love seeing Terlich in there for Dunn. Might be difficult for him to get back in if Terlich takes to his role.

Glad Gillies gets another shot - I thought the entire backline was rubbish last week - I didn't want to see him scapegoated.

Trengove will take a while to get going...

RPFC he was terrible last sunday.

He had four years at Geelong and was ordinary the whole time from what my Geelong friends tell me.

Seeing that Pedersen apparently got dropped in response to his dropping his head, I'm actually a little surprised that Frawley kept his spot after his appalling effort at chasing (read, walking/slow trot).
  • Like 1

Seeing that Pedersen apparently got dropped in response to his dropping his head, I'm actually a little surprised that Frawley kept his spot after his appalling effort at chasing (read, walking/slow trot).

The only person I have seen drop their head as badly was Bennell in 2010 vs The Pies

I knew he was no good that day and guess what he wasn't.

Pedersen fits the same mould, does he have a one or two year contract?

Probably because Frawley > Alistair Nicholson > Ben Holland > Cameron Pedersen ?

Lets get real, Frawley was crap last week, but he is still in our top 5 best players (top 2 in his time). We can't drop him if we actually want to get close to not losing.

• Like 3

I agree 100% Maldonboy38

Most will say they know more about it than both of us.

But I am getting a bad feeling about all this it just makes you start to wonder about how smart is our FD

There are three words you don't use in the same sentence when talking about Melbourne, smart and football department.

Nicholson FML

Bloody oath. How the hell did he get another gig after last Sunday?

Surely Nev is the better option.

• Like 1

Bold denotes a young player whom little can be expected of and/or a total spud. Italics denotes 'lucky not to be bold'

B: Tom Gillies, James Frawley, Dean Terlich
HB: Jack Watts, Tom McDonald, Colin Garland
C: Jack Grimes, Jack Viney, Matt Jones
HF: Sam Blease, James Sellar,
Jeremy Howe
F: Colin Sylvia, Mitch Clark, Shannon Byrnes
FOLL: Mark Jamar, Jordie McKenzie, Nathan Jones
I/C: Jimmy Toumpas, Jack Trengove, Daniel Nicholson, Aaron Davey

No wonder we are bad, that's 16 of 22 who aren't pulling their weight

Probably because Frawley > Alistair Nicholson > Ben Holland > Cameron Pedersen ?

Lets get real, Frawley was crap last week, but he is still in our top 5 best players (top 2 in his time). We can't drop him if we actually want to get close to not losing.

Quite seriously, I can't recall the last time Frawley had a good game... yes, he has had his moments, but I really cannot remember when he last played a game that could be described as good. To say he is in our top 5 at the moment is pretty damning of where we are at as a team, sadly.

• Like 2

Have to agree with you there, Rodan and Pederson wouldn't have been first outs for me. Tapscott I agree with but as you said Gillies for Tmac would've been natural, and it's interesting to see Davey gets his first go at it. Congrats to Terlich on his debut, I hope the game goes better than all the other debuts last week.

Interesting changes to say the least.

I didn't see much of Gillies at Geelong, not sure he got much of a run.

But, I can only judge him from what I've seen of him, which was only last week.

Just on what I seen, in my opinion, we must be very light on for backman.

I once watched a bloke from Hawthorn, Josh Thurgood, he was the worst player I'd ever seen on an AFL list.

That was until I watched Gillies go around last week.

Don't know how Sellers and Gillies get another shot......FFS

Then again, who would take their spots?

<sigh>

Sellar is one of the worst key position players i have ever seen, cant take a mark to save himself. It is very easy to see why the Crows got rid of him. We are going nowhere with players like him in the team

How on earth does Gillies / Nicholson stay in and Jetta out again?

Noticed this in the article about Terlich on AFL.com.au. "Teammates such as Daniel Nicholson have been working with him too, teaching him about winning one-on-ones and being at the drop of the ball". Hope Nicholsons not teaching him to be 2nd to the ball, dropping chest marks and kicking it to the opposition. Im stunned Nicholson is playing this week,

What's the matchups for gillies anyway. He either gets crameri or Ryder/bellchambers. Crameri will torch him with endurance whilst the other two will be way too good one on one.

Crameri will also be 'way too good'. The only hope is limited supply.