• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Time to go Mark Neeld

Grand New Flag

Yes he has.

I had a dream last night that on his 2nd day on the job tomorrow, Peter Jackson called Paul Roos and asked him about coaching the MFC.

Roos said hes up for the challenge, but not a word is to be said until the end of the season out of respect to the current coaches.

Heres hoping.

r u serious??

All this seems at odds with the mutterings that have eminated from the fd. Coach et al would have had us beleive that all the trainging was smick. Neeld and co were very satisfied with how the team trained and drilled. I must say I didnt see much of this at my limited viewings but Im going to take Neeld at his words.

He has been on record at saying he cant understand how the team has been unable to translate wha tthey COULD do at training and match practices to game day.

So they on one day understand what they are supposed to do...and on another they look like geese.

Something is obviously wrong with this...sommeone is telling fibbies perhaps.

The acrid stench of sewage is prevalent i suggest !!

we have played Essendon amd port who are at the top of the ladder, just maybe we aint as bad as we think

• Like 2

First 3 draft picks: Toumpas, Barry, Viney. All mids.

Next 3 draft picks: Jones, Kent, Terlich. Mid, mid/forward and rebound HB.

Rookies: Clisby and Stark. Mids/rebound HB.

6 out and out mids, 2 rebound HB.

The point I was trying to make was about first round picks. If our midfield is the glaring problem, why have we spent 3 first round picks, over the last 2 drafts/trades, on key position forwards (Clark, Dawes and Hogan).

I'm not saying that they won't be good players for us, but if there's no quality or a lack thereof in the midfield, what's the point of the, potentially, A grade forward line?

Maybe a lot of it has just come down to the opportunities presented to us and we haven't been able to get the trades or free agent midfielders we were after. But I find the "It's the midfield" line hard to swallow when half or more of our first round picks have gone on forwards.

7 Years of inept recruiting & Development & you tell us all to be more patient, and not to be judgmental of the MFC

What so we wait patiently for another 50 years?

Having watched games since 1971 i am entitled to answers and on field action now...

I have had a gut full of patience watching other clubs win Flags.

WYL, the work you want done, IS being undertaken right now... you just can't see it Yet, because it hasn't formed in full, on the playing field... it is taking shape onfield, but it's not showing yet in real chains of connective footy, & in Wins.

I've just this afternoon, gone right thru the Brisbane game replay... I started watching this game on the weekend with angry red eyes from the early games.

By the time the 1st Qtr was finished, I was very frustrated & that coloured my viewing of the game from then on.

I've been a bit too harsh on Watts, & whilst I want to see more intensity & Tenacity from him, I can see he is having a crack & is learning. he is busy around the packs looking for the ball to come out, & whilst he's no bulldog, he does handle the ball well. He looked better as the game went on, each quarter, as the

whole team did. Quarter by quarter. When Watts went forward, he wasn't to bad, & his marks whilst they weren't Jonathon Brown like, were very classy. His kicks for goal were fantastic. I can see him being a 3rd tall, & eventually, maybe even a ruck rover, changing with Howe off the HFF.

The whole team played smarter every Qtr that passed, & that is why the Lions couldn't break the game right open. The boys got a bit tired later in the game, & we were all a bit untidy & rushed with our skills throughout, & so with the team connectivity.

he structure is there & the confidence is slowly growing. You can see it, & the belief is there. You can see them working at it.

It won't be long before we have a breakthrough. And this will help the confidence a lot. And with more senior players becoming available, the Light is In the Tunnel.

we have played Essendon amd port who are at the top of the ladder, just maybe we aint as bad as we think

Work rate. It's work rate. I feel like a broken record. If you've been to those matches, you would have seen players walk and jog. It's the way we lost both of those games that was so appalling and highlights where we're at.

I said it was an example, and it does help to explain why so many players appear not to know what to do on the field.

I understand but you are applying it to the entire playing group as your example as to why the MFC is so poor at the moment

So let me summaries your point - Neeld has asked the entire playing group to be more accountable defensively so they've all dropped their heads and are sulking?

Or are you arguing that all the players on the list have no defensive capabilities

Edited by Unleash Hell

WYL, the work you want done, IS being undertaken right now... you just can't see it Yet, because it hasn't formed in full, on the playing field... it is taking shape onfield, but it's not showing yet in real chains of connective footy, & in Wins.

I've just this afternoon, gone right thru the Brisbane game replay... I started watching this game on the weekend with angry red eyes from the early games.

By the time the 1st Qtr was finished, I was very frustrated & that coloured my viewing of the game from then on.

I've been a bit too harsh on Watts, & whilst I want to see more intensity & Tenacity from him, I can see he is having a crack & is learning. he is busy around the packs looking for the ball to come out, & whilst he's no bulldog, he does handle the ball well. He looked better as the game went on, each quarter, as the

whole team did. Quarter by quarter. When Watts went forward, he wasn't to bad, & his marks whilst they weren't Jonathon Brown like, were very classy. His kicks for goal were fantastic. I can see him being a 3rd tall, & eventually, maybe even a ruck rover, changing with Howe off the HFF.

The whole team played smarter every Qtr that passed, & that is why the Lions couldn't break the game right open. The boys got a bit tired later in the game, & we were all a bit untidy & rushed with our skills throughout, & so with the team connectivity.

he structure is there & the confidence is slowly growing. You can see it, & the belief is there. You can see them working at it.

It won't be long before we have a breakthrough. And this will help the confidence a lot. And with more senior players becoming available, the Light is In the Tunnel.

Is this written by Don Mclardy?

We have gone backwards 28 points on scoring 2012-2013..

Yes i can understand supporters clawing at transparent positives but the reality is this club stinks.

Neeld is a teacher, if he cannot transfer his message from the traing track to the Stadium it is a fail

This is not his first year...he cannot be excused anymore, as was the case with Bailey.

• Like 1

All this seems at odds with the mutterings that have eminated from the fd. Coach et al would have had us beleive that all the trainging was smick. Neeld and co were very satisfied with how the team trained and drilled. I must say I didnt see much of this at my limited viewings but Im going to take Neeld at his words.

He has been on record at saying he cant understand how the team has been unable to translate wha tthey COULD do at training and match practices to game day.

So they on one day understand what they are supposed to do...and on another they look like geese.

Something is obviously wrong with this...sommeone is telling fibbies perhaps.

The acrid stench of sewage is prevalent i suggest !!

BB - have you considered that more experienced and stronger AFL sides/bodies can dictate how the game is played which would be a reason why the training track at AAMI park doesn't translate on to the field?

Im not sure if you noticed but Neeld and co have been happy with our predominance when playing against teams with similar attributes and experience to us - is that a coincidence or it might be a fact?

Edited by Unleash Hell

We might bring in mature mids via free agency, & select in a balanced way thru the draft?

In the ideal world we could but at the moment we are not a very enticing prospect for free agents. Of course this could change.

Yes i can understand supporters clawing at transparent positives but the reality is this club stinks.

Neeld is a teacher, if he cannot transfer his message from the traing track to the Stadium it is a fail

This is not his first year...he cannot be excused anymore, as was the case with Bailey.

I don't know Don, WYL... they are my thoughts after analyzing the game on my own.

if you look at it closely & use the slomo & rewind frequently, going over the game, you can see all the little things that go on. & the skill errors & where players over commit or not.

I've been watching the team reform on the selection table each week, & new 2 weeks ago we were just starting to get a reasonable side on the park. But this doesn't equate into wins straight away, after being obliterated in the first 2 matches.

the confidence was smashed, & it takes a bit to get the team back & going again after that with so many kids & newbies. & a side that hasn't seen much success, the rebound is slow to happen.

I new a couple of weeks ago we were likely, & we won that game, after much struggle.

Its happening slowly, & hopefully we can get thru this game intact to maintain our confidence that we've salvaged.

I understand but you are applying it to the entire playing group as your example as to why the MFC is so poor at the moment

So let me summaries your point - Neeld has asked the entire playing group to be more accountable defensively so they've all dropped their heads and are sulking?

Or are you arguing that all the players on the list have no defensive capabilities

Please do not attempt to summarise my comments and twist them to suit your own view.

My point is very simply that MN is trying to impose a playing style that is not logical, as shown by the styles adopted by many clubs, and hence cannot logically be accepted by MFC players, who do have the capacity to think and who do communicate with players from other clubs.

BB - have you considered that more experienced and stronger AFL sides/bodies can dictate how the game is played which would be a reason why the training track at AAMI park doesn't translate on to the field?

Im not sure if you noticed but Neeld and co have been happy with our predominance when playing against teams with similar attributes and experience to us - is that a coincidence or it might be a fact?

I would even go as far as to say this is very much the case. My point however goes to the notion of how is it so many players are left flatfooted mouth agape with out nary ( it seems ) a clue as to what to do next .

Training is surely about scenarios and accomodating differing outcomes to ones that might be those drilled.

If Neeld is training his men in the singular view that you would encounter only one level of adversary then that would be foolhardy bordering on delusional. I cant imagine this is the case..i.e a variety of 'levels' would be considered and practiced.

In this case players OUGHT to know what they are supposed to be doing when things are either going in their favour or diametrically opposite.

Neeld was aghast ( let alone surprised ) that training outcomes were emulated on game days.

We all know real v training can be very different so why the surpise Mark ?

If they are all at sea then either the training isnt nearly as good as the FD thought or the comprehension just isnt there.

The whole point of training is to eradicate eh acttual neccessity to 'think' too hard come crunch time. The idea is to just react ( do ) not think.

What worrie me about all this is I dont think the FD have nearly as good a handle on where things are and ought to be as they profess.

And this all comes back in spades to the ideologies and abilites of firstly the coach ...and then all his minions.

Despite the mutterings of the club the scoreboard suggests things are not clued up as suggested.

In the ideal world we could but at the moment we are not a very enticing prospect for free agents. Of course this could change.

Jjay, respectfully I don't agree.. Most AFL players are much smarter than the average footy supporter regarding whats happening around the AFL & VFL etc.

they will be able to see the changes being implemented by the footy dept & Misson, & they speak to one another by phone etc frequently. the players will be all over the Hogan thing & Viney & the others..

They'll know the club is on the verge of pushing up & they're VFL players tell them about which payers are going well. they read the stats & results.

there will be some players going free agency & feel sure we are ready to add a couple of mature mids.

I think we'll see our form improvement showing, in the next month.

Some are still returning to match fitness like TMac & McKenzie still short of a gallop. as is trenners.

It's no use whining about what mistakes we have made over the last 7 years....They are gone....

But of course you're right. I'll rearrange the blankets covering my knees and not complain a jot. How unreasonable of me. What was I thinking ?

'Happy with our predominance against teams with similar attributes and experience to us' - would that be the two or three other bottom teams? What are you saying? Edited by Hardnut

WYL your a natural pessimist, but when I study things & I'm not superficial about it.

I know from experience about selection & I new we went into the season too young too inexperienced, & we were hammered...2 weeks in a row & that absolutely smashed the club & players confidence.

It doesn't return with the flick of a switch.. Individuals may find their own confidence, but the team confidence is a totally different beast.

selection is critical to team confidence & playing too many new players at once, can be a massive mistake. It was...

I don't know Don, WYL... they are my thoughts after analyzing the game on my own.

if you look at it closely & use the slomo & rewind frequently, going over the game, you can see all the little things that go on. & the skill errors & where players over commit or not.

I've been watching the team reform on the selection table each week, & new 2 weeks ago we were just starting to get a reasonable side on the park. But this doesn't equate into wins straight away, after being obliterated in the first 2 matches.

the confidence was smashed, & it takes a bit to get the team back & going again after that with so many kids & newbies. & a side that hasn't seen much success, the rebound is slow to happen.

I new a couple of weeks ago we were likely, & we won that game, after much struggle.

Its happening slowly, & hopefully we can get thru this game intact to maintain our confidence that we've salvaged.

Those 3 smashings were completely unacceptable, however you look at them....Normal speed or frame by frame...this is the 7th season of utter rubbish we have seen presented by the MFC

The Rebuild of a Rebuild...a number one draft pick who froze in front of me more than once against Essendon.

It is you who always speak of the stench from the Northern Stand, & now you are accepting of this pathetic and frightened team.

Stop accepting the excuses, whatever pitch (Frame Rate) you prefer to watch a replay we the MFC are a disgrace to the AFL at present.

WYL your a natural pessimist, but when I study things & I'm not superficial about it.

I know from experience about selection & I new we went into the season too young too inexperienced, & we were hammered...2 weeks in a row & that absolutely smashed the club & players confidence.

It doesn't return with the flick of a switch.. Individuals may find their own confidence, but the team confidence is a totally different beast.

selection is critical to team confidence & playing too many new players at once, can be a massive mistake. It was...

Wrong...very wrong.

I do not accept mediocraty from a proffessional football side over such a long period of time.

And why should i?

Shocking decisions have been made over years and years...2013 is no different AT ALL.

We do not learn...The MFC wallows in self pity..Don's statements to the members over the last few months are testament to this.

What Constructive system is now in place to stop this rot?

The AFL Chosen CEO Peter Jackson.....We have no idea. The Yearly results are all there.

If you perceive that as pessimism i cannot stop you..i actually want Flags, a pessimist would be revelling in our misery

Jjay, respectfully I don't agree.. Most AFL players are much smarter than the average footy supporter regarding whats happening around the AFL & VFL etc.

they will be able to see the changes being implemented by the footy dept & Misson, & they speak to one another by phone etc frequently. the players will be all over the Hogan thing & Viney & the others..

They'll know the club is on the verge of pushing up & they're VFL players tell them about which payers are going well. they read the stats & results.

there will be some players going free agency & feel sure we are ready to add a couple of mature mids.

I think we'll see our form improvement showing, in the next month.

Some are still returning to match fitness like TMac & McKenzie still short of a gallop. as is trenners.

I hope you are right mate. There are some promising things going on at VFL level this year, good to see Kent getting promoted add a bit of confidence from Jimmy T and continued improvement from Taggert and things will be on the improve.

You're like a broken record WYL, your spelling is mediocre, I'm actually getting more optimistic the further we get into the season

It is only you and a few others on this Board that are wallowing, like I said wish I had a graphic of a person sitting at a keyboard with a rain cloud above their head, then you and your fellow wallowers could just post that and not the repetitive nonsense you keep posting......put yourself up for President like I said before, start a petition or shut up about Don McLardy, its boring

I assume you meant Watts about freezing, you judging him in comparison to your playing days?

Edited by Satyriconhome

Those 3 smashings were completely unacceptable, however you look at them....Normal speed or frame by frame...this is the 7th season of utter rubbish we have seen presented by the MFC

The Rebuild of a Rebuild...a number one draft pick who froze in front of me more than once against Essendon.

It is you who always speak of the stench from the Northern Stand, & now you are accepting of this pathetic and frightened team.

Stop accepting the excuses, whatever pitch (Frame Rate) you prefer to watch a replay we the MFC are a disgrace to the AFL at present.

* Unacceptable, oh sorry, they just happen mate... the team is too young, & too small, & without enough gut run to do anything about it, once it started.

It happens, when side is doing a total rejig.. it happens.

* I've never called the northern stand stench, never!

* I said they influence the kids in the wrong way. spoiling the kids. the boys lose the focus of footy, & money becomes the main game.

And the other thing is that decades of our admins & boards, have all been heavily influenced from the Northern Stand & MCC,,, & IMO this is a large part of why the club isn't a club, & doesn't have a Training Base/Office & Social Hub,, like all the Powerful Teams do have.

Being amongst ALL supporter groups,,, instead of just the business types, who shower them in cheap luxury cars & finance investments/advice & deals etc,,, eventually turns them into fine young businessmen, instead of hungry footballing warriors...

The grass roots supporters can bring the players back down to earth & that is what we all are motivated by, to help others who are less well off than we are. The grass roots supporter brings a pure honesty that nothing else can provide.

You're like a broken record WYL, your spelling is mediocre, I'm actually getting more optimistic the further we get into the season

It is only you and a few others on this Board that are wallowing, like I said wish I had a graphic of a person sitting at a keyboard with a rain cloud above their head, then you and your fellow wallowers could just post that and not the repetitive nonsense you keep posting......put yourself up for President like I said before, start a petition or shut up about Don McLardy, its boring

I assume you meant Watts about freezing, you judging him in comparison to your playing days?

Your grammar is appalling Sat! Would you also please make meaningful comments!