"Tanking"

Whispering_Jack

AD must be looking at retirement plans lol

Sounds like Vlad doesn't really know whats happening in his own backyard.

was my thinking also... been away on the highlife too long !!

Was tweeted by @MelbourneFC just a few minutes ago that "We can confirm that our response to the AFL was definitely submitted last night."

Warwick Greens article intimates it was submitted late yesterday. AD probably left early for happy hour at the Docklands and hadn't checked in after a night on the turps...

Warwick Greens article intimates it was submitted late yesterday. AD probably left early for happy hour at the Docklands and hadn't checked in after a night on the turps...

Theres no excuse. Thats simply sloppy of AD not to be aware of the status of one of the major items currently on its books.

The club put it simply it submitted its reply within the agreed timeframe. Then we have Vlad unawares of his own companies business and media speculations as a result.

AFL...Another F-up Likely !!

Healy, who played 121 matches for the Demons before joining Sydney and winning a Brownlow Medal, believes the Demons tanked to secure the top two picks in the '09 national draft. ''I don't know what the AFL should do. What I thought at the time was they were tanking and nothing has probably changed my mind,'' he said.

I would expect that GH would NEVER be invited to a club function again after his initial role in this and then comments like that.

• Like 1

Guest José Mourinho

Perfect day to announce that there will be no charges, mix the news in with the drug summit occurring

Clearly the drug summit has been offered up by Demetriou as a sacrificial lamb to the media, in lieu of the taking saga dying a quiet, relatively uneventful death...

I doubt there's any other reason why AD would unprompted make inflammatory comments such as "expect a like in positive drug tests this year."

Timing is everything.

Healy, who played 121 matches for the Demons before joining Sydney and winning a Brownlow Medal, believes the Demons tanked to secure the top two picks in the '09 national draft. ''I don't know what the AFL should do. What I thought at the time was they were tanking and nothing has probably changed my mind,'' he said.

I would expect that GH would NEVER be invited to a club function again after his initial role in this and then comments like that.

He's only saying what anyone who has a semblance of a brain already thinks.

And his initial "role" was nothing more than doing a job.

• Like 5

Can we all get over the fact that GH once played for the MFC

He has been a "Media Person" for much longer.

He will say what is needed to maintain his current career.

Not sure why people want him to censor his comments because 3 decades ago he played 100+ games.

He has not been a Melbourne person for 25 years

He is just a "media Person" commenting on the current situation

• Like 1

Ridiculous call BH. Whether he thinks that or not is irrelevant, he's a former MFC senior player coming out at a crucial time and saying he thinks we tanked. Absolute Judas move by him.

Ridiculous call BH. Whether he thinks that or not is irrelevant, he's a former MFC senior player coming out at a crucial time and saying he thinks we tanked. Absolute Judas move by him.

Why is it wrong for a media person paid to give his opinion

On what may be one of the biggest AFL story of 2012

He is giving his opinion.

I do not like most media people

But I do expect them to give their view, that is waht they are paid for

I then make up my mind up about their view.

Do you want selective democracy?

I don't that for sure

Why is it wrong for a media person paid to give his opinion

On what may be one of the biggest AFL story of 2012

He is giving his opinion.

I do not like most media people

But I do expect them to give their view, that is waht they are paid for

I then make up my mind up about their view.

Do you want selective democracy?

I don't that for sure

We probably differ on this, but to me there's a difference between someone who was a player/coach etc and then became a media person, to someone who is purely a media person. I usually expect the former player/coach types to not be rats.

He's just calling as he sees it. It's a trait i find particularly appealing.

I can remove my emotional investment to appreciate his position.

oh yes. Doing a job alright.

You seem happy to ignore any motives he had and grudges he harbours all under the umbrella of him only doibg a job. Kerro also in such vein is only doing a job, as is Sheahan.

They are not just doing their jobs. They use the position to shield themselves from the very same accusatory spotlight they would have othets under and claim some form of journalistic largesse as excuse for non adherence to balanced and factual reporting.

• Like 1

He's just calling as he sees it. It's a trait i find particularly appealing.

I can remove my emotional investment to appreciate his position.

Understand where you are coming from and agree. Healy also talks openly how at least 4 others tanked in his mind.

Where as Caro, her lack of bringing other clubs into the conversation is a disgrace, as far as I know she has completely ignored Wallets comments that he did nothing from the box to stop a defeat, a clear cut admission of tanking IMO, but as its her beloved Richmond, we hear donuts

Can we all get over the fact that GH once played for the MFC

He has been a "Media Person" for much longer.

He will say what is needed to maintain his current career.

Not sure why people want him to censor his comments because 3 decades ago he played 100+ games.

He has not been a Melbourne person for 25 years

He is just a "media Person" commenting on the current situation

The irony being that he is commenting on a situation that he in no small part helped to create.

• Like 1

mfc submitted their response at approx 7pm last night

close of business?

Perhaps a little late dc. Later than the Mclardy's statement being issued yesterday.

Whatever the case, received on Jan 29 as instructed. Close of business? Good point.

Understand where you are coming from and agree. Healy also talks openly how at least 4 others tanked in his mind.

Strangely enough, if Gerard had have said his thoughts on the other clubs tanking whilst OTC last year, I would not be holding him in such contempt.

Now that it appears we will most likely come thru without sanctions, he sees it fit to mention this.

He is the epitome of a narcissist [censored].

• Like 1

Andrew missed that Melbourne had submitted its response because he was surfing the internet looking for holiday destinations in the middle of the footy season.

Andrew missed that Melbourne had submitted its response because he was too busy looking at how many Frequent Flyer points he has racked up!

Strangely enough, if Gerard had have said his thoughts on the other clubs tanking whilst OTC last year, I would not be holding him in such contempt.

Now that it appears we will most likely come thru without sanctions, he sees it fit to mention this.

He is the epitome of a narcissist [censored].

Now you are letting your emotions get in the way of your judgement.