No charges laid, no decision and no penalties ahead of draft

markc

If we take this to court and win we will be awarded costs but I believe we would only get schedule costs and not necessarily what we pay him; mind you he may be a demon fan and do it pro bono.

Last day tomorrow Mark, looking forward to it, will then catch up for coffee.

good luck and well done , its one of the hardest things to do

and its my shout for the coffee , so you name the place

and yes I like re pro bono LOL

I just don't get a few things with this.

If you are a so called investigator brought in as a heavy for the AFL surely you would want to ensure the authencity of your investigation is not compromised.

Maybe that's what they want. oops we bungled the investigation. Lets move on.

In her latest instalment, she has quite significantly toned back the attack:

Demons and league on collision course

She now recognises the 'vault' was a name for the room (note her swipe at our financials, as it was a 'tin shed').

She now recognises that what Connolly said may have been tongue in cheek.

She now recognises that the meeting may not have been as serious as she first said.

In other words, she's finally provided a bit of balance and a lack of hyperbole. And she's slowly confirming what we all know now; that the allegations against us aren't strong enough and the evidence is lacking.

OR

she's heard Finkelstein has ordered a lot of Age back-issues featuring CW articles on mfc

• Like 5

I don't understand how it's a good idea to fight the afl in court. They are sitting on bags of cash and every club relies on them for their distribution of wealth. And the mfc gets additional support being one of the smaller clubs. So we take them to court and win then the afl simply decide mfc dont need the extra assistance we are currently receiving or we lose and we waste a whole lot of money anyway. The problem is that the afl has way too much power these days.

You win & lose on the swings and roundabouts, but if you stand on the shoulders of your beliefs, you will always be infront.

• Like 1

Like your an expert, I work in the field an can assure you 100% next years draft is not 4x better,I can't believe you would even post that. Have a read of what you posted again and then ask yourself if you even believe what you wrote.

I didn't say 'm an expert, & haven't even been to a game for over 12 months. But keep on putting smoke & mirrors up, & don't worry about truth there Cat attack.

What I wrote was from the horses mouth of a person I know well, who is truthful, who is in the industry with inside contacts, & has no reason to [censored].

Like your an expert, I work in the field an can assure you 100% next years draft is not 4x better,I can't believe you would even post that. Have a read of what you posted again and then ask yourself if you even believe what you wrote.

4x or 15x better or 15x worst who really cares..... Take it easy....

The real issue is...... why should the MFC and us supporters, have to worry about losing first round draft picks next year? When the AFL has no proof of us tanking.... Why is it ok for the media to run our name through the mud for another year.... Stuff that....

I'll be looking forward to adding first round talent next year..... Regardless of how good the draft is....

• Like 2

4x or 15x better or 15x worst who really cares..... Take it easy....

The real issue is...... why should the MFC and us supporters, have to worry about losing first round draft picks next year? When the AFL has no proof of us tanking.... Why is it ok for the media to run our name through the mud for another year.... Stuff that....

I'll be looking forward to adding first round talent next year..... Regardless of how good the draft is....

The Media circus we have all had to endure will make us all including the club muchy much stronger.

The Media circus we have all had to endure will make us all including the club muchy much stronger.

i hope your right......

I'm just tired of the media smashings...... It's starting to effect what programmes I watch or listen too.....

i hope your right......

I'm just tired of the media smashings...... It's starting to effect what programmes I watch or listen too.....

as long as the MFC is in your blood still mate. Media programs come and go...

KB this morning was an absolute disgrace on the topic. Not innocent until proven guilty, no effort to talk about Carlton, Richmond, Collingwood or west coast. Said tanking was worse than salary cap breaches and draft tampering....

Heard of Cotchin, you senile old git?

Sheesh.

Looking forward to this being behind us.

• Like 1

KB this morning was an absolute disgrace on the topic. Not innocent until proven guilty, no effort to talk about Carlton, Richmond, Collingwood or west coast. Said tanking was worse than salary cap breaches and draft tampering....

Heard of Cotchin, you senile old git?

Sheesh.

Looking forward to this being behind us.

KB should get Terry Wallace on to his show. It is amazing how all these ex footballers now in the media are tip toeing around everything except the MFC.

Get real Kevin. Ye who thinks horse racing is a legit sport.

KB wants MFC to go down for tanking.... Regardless of if we are guilty or not..... He hates MFC.....

He created venom denham.... So he can have ago at us without showing his hatered for us.....

I use to like his show.... But now I can't bear to listen to his shock jock antics.... Someone needs to put this dick in his place.....

Taking a legal position Melbourne has now signaled to the AFL that we are not going to line down and be penalized for something all clubs have done. And what have they done. They played players in new positions, sent players for operations, rested players, etc. That is not tanking. That is trying to squeeze extra effort out of players and to help teach them the game they know the season is over for them and are trying new things for the next year. I dont believe any club has asked their players to not play, and I doubt that there are any players out there who throw games on the hope that they may get some new 18 old superstar coming in to take their place. Every player knows they are playing for the spot on the roster so everyone would be playing not only for the club but to ensure they are not given the flick at the end of the year.

The AFL's investigator must think he is still in Africa with stopping and starting his tape to record or not record what he wants, demanding answers and threatening, I am sure the Melbourne QC will love to get this guy on the stand and find out who sanctioned what, may actually be able to ask a few people about who leaked what to the newspapers. I do not see the AFL being able to win this, no matter what penalty they give Melbourne they will be called to answer in public why other teams have not been looked at and why. I think the AFL needs to negotiate a suitable outcome with the MFC before this goes much further.

What I wrote was from the horses mouth of a person I know well, who is truthful, who is in the industry with inside contacts, & has no reason to [censored].

Cat Attack is rightly pointing out that it won't be 4x better. It was an exaggeration made to emphasise a point.

Also, this year's draft was being hailed as a Superdraft this time last year. Even in July, or so, when Rendell was being hauled over the coals he stated he wanted to stay for one more year as Adelaide's head recruiter such was the quality of this year's draft. He labelled it "the best in 15 years". My point ? It's very difficult to accurately assess a draft a year out. Plenty of things change and opinions will vary. It's got nothing to do with the "truth", as you put it.

Cat Attack is rightly pointing out that it won't be 4x better. It was an exaggeration made to emphasise a point.

Also, this year's draft was being hailed as a Superdraft this time last year. Even in July, or so, when Rendell was being hauled over the coals he stated he wanted to stay for one more year as Adelaide's head recruiter such was the quality of this year's draft. He labelled it "the best in 15 years". My point ? It's very difficult to accurately assess a draft a year out. Plenty of things change and opinions will vary. It's got nothing to do with the "truth", as you put it.

Best since 2001 in my mind

KB wants MFC to go down for tanking.... Regardless of if we are guilty or not..... He hates MFC.....

He created venom denham.... So he can have ago at us without showing his hatered for us.....

I use to like his show.... But now I can't bear to listen to his shock jock antics.... Someone needs to put this dick in his place.....

I find this so hard to believe.....that you actually ever liked his show..

• Like 3

I still think this is a big show for us the viewing public...

Big bad AFL goin to slap down any pesky varmint that brings them their game into disrepute ( thats pronounced dis-rep-putee). MFC hire a gun with leather chaps and big cohuna's to show we aint to be messed with. Investigation concludes on evidence available that proving tanking is impossible. Big Bad Finkelstein fades into the sunset without firing a shot. tumbleweed floats across screen. End of story.