Caroline Wilson's descent into gutter journalism

titan_uranus

I still find it incredulous that the instigator deins to act as inquisitor and executioner.

• Like 1

God I hate all this crap.....all we seem to do is wait for bad news,first waiting to see if Scully was leaving, then waiting out the whole Jurrah saga, then whether Suns would nominate Viney,now this,which is the worst wait of all ...will we be penalised or not?

If so ,what will they do take away pick 4? Take away points?

So over it.

It hurts because I'm such a tragic Demons man...... it feels personal.

No matter what happens....First and Forever!

• Like 8

What? Are talking about McDirty or Wilson or the media in general? LOL

I believe BB's talking about the AFL itself, for not regulating the draft properly & actively but quietly encouraging this tactic, where it suited them, but when the media screams, or some behind the scenes deem it timely, they go looking for a scapegoat, to pretend they're doing they're job.

• Like 1

Wow, the club appears farked whether the AFL punish us or not. So many egos, agendas, divisions, factions, not to mention incompetent people ruining our football club. From where I sit as a supporter I watched as Jim Stynes came in and attempted to breathe some life into a tired and broke organisation. He certainly galvanised the supporter base, something which previous boards had clearly failed at.

I believe the reason he bought in those known to him is because he trusted them. Something that has clearly been in short supply around this club. We will never know what would have happened to this club now and in the future if Jim had not got cancer. It must break the hearts of those close to him to watch this unfold.

I think it's time we all pulled our heads in,, I just hope those responsible for this current mess can swallow their pride, do what is right and move on. Personally I hope the AFL will help us secure a CEO such as Brian Cook who can quietly go about restoring some credibility to this club. Not to mention a President who doesn't have an agenda for anything other than the MFC. Here's hoping.

• Like 4

Here we go, below is the best example of us tanking apparently. We won against Richmond with a kick after the bloody siren.

Not to mention that we won 2 weeks later against Fremantle. Thumped 'em. If we were tanking, we are the WORST in the AFL at it. We showed none of the commitment of Carlscum in 2007. P!SS POOR DEES. lol

Take this for what it is worth.

Today I spoke to someone who is close to Caroline Wilson.

Apparently she has gone VERY lightly on the club comparative to what she knows.....

I don't know what else she knows but for all our sakes can someone please make this end.

We are supporters of a club that is absolutely the worst and the laughing stock constantly of the comp.

What have we done to deserve this?

• Like 1

What caro knows - unless she was there or has a paper copy of a memo telling the players to try and lose she could know anymore. She makes numerous claims that cannot be substantiated and some of the facts she originally quoted in her article arent even correct (gysberts delisted? pick 1 and 2? - both which she corrected after the fact).

What? Are talking about McDirty or Wilson or the media in general? LOL

the AFL !!!

This is how it is and how it will go:

1. If push comes to shove and this drags out legally its just going to make the whole league look corrupt and more dirt will come out. Fev's already yelling about the Blues tanking to anyone who will listen and Libba wont be long before he does the same. It will be in MFC's interest to drag out the investigation ATLEAST until after this years draft for fear that we will lose pick 4 or other implications.

2. If push still comes to shove there may be a fallguy offered to satiate the AFL.

3. Draft restrictions just guarantees that the club will need more financial and draft assistance later. Hurt supporters who are already scathing with the last 18 months. Trust me by my sentiments and those of all the SEN calling demons supporters in the last week the AFL will be effectively losing all financial interest of around 40,000 supporters if they try and make an example of us knowing full well that atleast six other clubs did the same thing.

4. Unconfirmed rumour that the AFL have already told the club what the penalty will be and that it has to be seen to take the fall for what they now accept was a failure of administration rather than anything else.

Edited by Norm Smith's Curse

Wow, the club appears farked whether the AFL punish us or not. So many egos, agendas, divisions, factions, not to mention incompetent people ruining our football club. From where I sit as a supporter I watched as Jim Stynes came in and attempted to breathe some life into a tired and broke organisation. He certainly galvanised the supporter base, something which previous boards had clearly failed at.

I believe the reason he bought in those known to him is because he trusted them. Something that has clearly been in short supply around this club. We will never know what would have happened to this club now and in the future if Jim had not got cancer. It must break the hearts of those close to him to watch this unfold.

I think it's time we all pulled our heads in,, I just hope those responsible for this current mess can swallow their pride, do what is right and move on. Personally I hope the AFL will help us secure a CEO such as Brian Cook who can quietly go about restoring some credibility to this club. Not to mention a President who doesn't have an agenda for anything other than the MFC. Here's hoping.

Roost if you could only meet Don McLardy. We have a President who absolutely loves this Club and always has. He has given up so much to take on first the Vice President position and now as President. You should not understimate what Don does for the Club. He is a man of high morals and a true friend in every sense of the word. We have a President whose only agenda is to hold the Club together and work for our future. He may not be as charismatic as Eddie or as outspoken as Kennett but he does know how business is run and AFL is a business. We need to stand firm behind Don. He is not the reason the [censored] has hit the fan

• Like 9

1. If push comes to shove and this drags out legally its just going to make the whole league look corrupt and more dirt will come out. Fev's already yelling about the Blues tanking to anyone who will listen and Libba wont be long before he does the same. It will be in MFC's interest to drag out the investigation ATLEAST until after this years draft for fear that we will lose pick 4 or other implications.

2. If push still comes to shove there may be a fallguy offered to satiate the AFL.

3. Draft restrictions just guarantees that the club will need more financial and draft assistance later. Hurt supporters who are already scathing with the last 18 months. Trust me by my sentiments and those of all the SEN calling demons supporters in the last week the AFL will be effectively losing all financial interest of around 40,000 supporters if they try and make an example of us knowing full well that atleast six other clubs did the same thing.

4. Unconfirmed rumour that the AFL have already told the club what the penalty will be and that it has to be seen to take the fall for what they now accept was a failure of administration rather than anything else.

Does the rumour state what the penalty will be?

• Like 1

If the club rolls ..so will the board and the bastards win.

The Filth would never stand for this. Theyd be out swinging.

If this club cant stand up for itself why would anyone follow it ...honestly .

• Like 1

Premiership points and next years draft. But the rumour isnt from a particularly reputable source.

Club contact says the club isnt actually very concerned which seems surprising. And might suggest there is some substance to that rumour.

Mark Fine was quite good and echos what most rational observers would say. Too many clubs involved, dees shouldnt take the fall, if we do it will be an outrage, afl caused the problem. All the 'throw the book at them' group are holier-than-thoughs and 'chip-on-shoulders'.

Did Greg Denham crack a woodie on SEN? Rabble?

• Like 1

Take this for what it is worth.

Today I spoke to someone who is close to Caroline Wilson.

Apparently she has gone VERY lightly on the club comparative to what she knows.....

I don't know what else she knows but for all our sakes can someone please make this end.

We are supporters of a club that is absolutely the worst and the laughing stock constantly of the comp.

What have we done to deserve this?

Not surprised. The story is only half told. The quicker the resolution the quicker we can get this monkey off our backs thats held us up for 5 years.

Edited by america de cali

Not suprised. The story is only half told. The quicker the resolution the quicker we can get this monkey off our backs thats held us up for 5 years.

I just cant believe that Caro knows more - how? what primary evidence other than hearsay can she offer? Why doesnt she spread he knowledge-gaining activities to the other clubs that can probably better afford to cop it?

The club will fight this tooth and nail. They know this is a make or break scenario. We go down we may forever.

Question is; Who is fighting? Only evidence I've seen is a lot of mindless head banging and bellyaching on this forum.

Fev & Libba as well.

The club will fight this tooth and nail. They know this is a make or break scenario. We go down we may forever.

Thats why I said I'd chuck the game itself in.

I won't stop barracking for Melbourne, but I will stop buying memberships, I won't go to afl games, & essentially I'll be giving the game away. I'll return to the barracker I was when I was 15 Yrs old. Listen on the radio in the car or where ever I am doing other stuff.

I will no longer support the AFL game.