First Delistings Announced

titan_uranus

Think we wanted a 2nd rounder, but dogs offered a 3rd. Whatever, I agree, and Bates would have at least 1 year more in the AFL (the doggies gave Sherman 3 yrs FFS).

You were correct; dogs offered 2nd rounder, we wanted 1st. Sheesh.

Not sure where Bater went wrong, I remember Neeld highlighting his improvement at the start of the year; put him in your Dreamteam was his quote.

Like many others I really liked the Master but he is just no good in an ordinary team.

Good luck for the future

• Like 1

No way known will Bail be delisted - I sat through every replay this month and he had a real red-hot go EVERY game he played.

If Bail gets delisted, I'm burning my membership and dumping a trailer load of manure outside the Richmond Social Club.

You'll have to take a day off work, there's usually a queue of Utes and trailers outside the club.

No way known will Bail be delisted - I sat through every replay this month and he had a real red-hot go EVERY game he played.

If Bail gets delisted, I'm burning my membership and dumping a trailer load of manure outside the Richmond Social Club.

It won't happen. I think if there's anything we can learn from our list management this last month, it's that Neeld used 2012 to suss out which players he liked and which he didn't. There's no coincidence that the players who have been moved on struggled to get games.

In contrast, Bail played regularly, and was out due to injury, not being dropped. Neeld likes him. He'll stay.

I meant by established teams everyone bar GWS and GC. If we beat Port and Bulldogs and maybe Essendon again then that's three wins. Remember we got beaten by the dogs and the power last year so its not a definite. It will be interesting to see if we improve for one, and whether Mark Neeld will continue to play such a negative predictable hug the boundary line style. It didn't seem to work at all. Sides aren't pressing as much with sides like Sydney excellent at breaking through the press. I want to see more attacking football and to see players express themselves and show their ability

That would still be tripling our output on this year. I just want us to play better this year also. And I think our changes will aid us in doing that. Sad to see Gys and Martin go, but I really don't think they were in our future.

When did we last have such a large turnover of players in one year? Anyone know?

In my view, I'm comfortable with the decisions made. I might differ around the edges (I might have retained Martin and Gysberts - but I'm not upset about them leaving, either).

I thought Neeld was just using 2012 as a pre-season for 2013 with respect to improving fitness levels and learning to play a new game style. I didn't realise (although it's obvious in hindsight) that he was also using it as a filtering mechanism to refine his playing list.

• Like 1

When did we last have such a large turnover of players in one year? Anyone know?

In my view, I'm comfortable with the decisions made. I might differ around the edges (I might have retained Martin and Gysberts - but I'm not upset about them leaving, either).

I thought Neeld was just using 2012 as a pre-season for 2013 with respect to improving fitness levels and learning to play a new game style. I didn't realise (although it's obvious in hindsight) that he was also using it as a filtering mechanism to refine his playing list.

there was marginal improvement (if any) last season. Players had to go, some who have been retained are very luck in my eyes as are some positions within the club. 2013 will tell a lot about the MFC.

Think it was when Barass first came......Cleared out a lot of players and paid a high price for Peter Moore and kelvin Templeton....Also bought in a lot of youngsters who went on to play finals footy under John Northey......

Yes, quite. Was taking a bigger picture approach than that, but sure. Take your point.

i will say that i was very p!ssed off when we didn't beat the Aints last year. We almost deserved to win it. But the reality was we fell short by about 20 minutes. Which is unacceptable.

i will say that i was very p!ssed off when we didn't beat the Aints last year. We almost deserved to win it. But the reality was we fell short by about 20 minutes. Which is unacceptable.

The Saints deserved to win it, because Lenny Hayes wanted to win it and got the job done.

Lenny Hayes, may not be the most skilled, but probably the toughest. Determined and hard working. That's what you want when you need the game dragged over the line.

Sounds a lot to me like the players Neeld wants and has brought in. The opposite can be said about those that he's moved on.

The Saints deserved to win it, because Lenny Hayes wanted to win it and got the job done.

Lenny Hayes, may not be the most skilled, but probably the toughest. Determined and hard working. That's what you want when you need the game dragged over the line.

Sounds a lot to me like the players Neeld wants and has brought in. The opposite can be said about those that he's moved on.

leonard Hayes in a Demon Jumper....mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Dees Dayz delisted after 52 years and a 12 month suspension.

Hi guys, I'm back after being suspended from this forum for 12 months.

I was suspended for disagreeing with a potential Mick Malthouse signing for 2012 as coach, which was generally supported by the lexicons of this forum.

I was further ostricised by comments I made that one could not disagree with any Rhino Richards comments who seems to be epitome of the culture of this forum ( a moderator) and perhaps the MFC.

All of that is fine!

I have been a MFC supporter since 1960 when I was 7yo. I was a gold member of MFC to 2011.

When I was tossed out of Demonland, I discussed with my wife and family what we thought the culture of MFC was, and further, how MFC relates to regional people who are not MCC members etc.

I declined membership of MFC this year while I decided exactly why I have supported the MFC for 52 years.

I will be signing up with the Richmond Football club as a member in 2013.

Obviously I won't be returning to this forum. My children and grandkids can decide who they wish to follow for themselves

May I?

...I don't think following the MFC was/is your problem. Your problem is, you were born a loser. Don't take it personally, you're just a loser, it's the way it is.

Only a loser gets defeated so easily. Only a loser leaves our club for an even bigger loser of a club. You'll fit right in at Richmond, if that's the club you've decided to pay your hard earned to, after years of misery at MFC, you've obviously bought into the false dawn Richmond repackage and sell to their moronic members every 4 years.

It's big of you to let your kids and grand children choose their own club. But please, at least instil some fight in them, you can break the loser cycle now, they don't need to be like you. And when I say fight, I don't mean the Richmond fight where when challenged they roll over and give up, as seen against North, Carlton and the Gold Coast lol this year. I mean FIGHT, Jimmy Stynes type fighting, the real stuff.

Good luck to your kids.

Adios, loser.

• Like 2

May I?

...I don't think following the MFC was/is your problem. Your problem is, you were born a loser. Don't take it personally, you're just a loser, it's the way it is.

Only a loser gets defeated so easily. Only a loser leaves our club for an even bigger loser of a club. You'll fit right in at Richmond, if that's the club you've decided to pay your hard earned to, after years of misery at MFC, you've obviously bought into the false dawn Richmond repackage and sell to their moronic members every 4 years.

It's big of you to let your kids and grand children choose their own club. But please, at least instil some fight in them, you can break the loser cycle now, they don't need to be like you. And when I say fight, I don't mean the Richmond fight where when challenged they roll over and give up, as seen against North, Carlton and the Gold Coast lol this year. I mean FIGHT, Jimmy Stynes type fighting, the real stuff.

Good luck to your kids.

Adios, loser.

may i ?

That just made my day....Pure Gold

Thanks. WYL...

• Like 1

Last week MFC held a fire sale and i reckon plkenty of clubs missed it. gysberts, morton and martin will all prove good value to north, wc and brisbane. so will rivers and moloney at their new clubs. not saying we should have kept them, they had to be traded by us as dont think their heart was in it at MFC. But they all went far too cheaply and im surprised we didnt get more for them. seems a lot of clubs missed our fire sale and time will show that their should have been more interest in these players especiall gysberts and morton....

Dees

I have been a MFC supporter since 1960 when I was 7yo. I was a gold member of MFC to 2011.

I declined membership of MFC this year while I decided exactly why I have supported the MFC for 52 years.

I will be signing up with the Richmond Football club as a member in 2013.

In my late teens a friend "changed teams", 25 years later he is still he is still viewed as not a proper supporter

What happens if the Tigers do something you don't approve of? Bulldogs perhaps?

How can you change teams after 50+ years of barracking for them anyway? Surely the Club is embedded into your soul. Give the game away or wait and watch us improve and then get back on but don't change. You will regret it very much

• Like 1

Really happy with all the delistings so far as well as the players we have traded out.

Those high draft pick players that had 'potential' had well and truly enough time to show it and I for one am not disappointed to see the back of them.

The MFC is finally on the right track.

• Like 1