Latest murmurings of a crazy time

Tolstoys Nudge

Again, you people should see a red light when reading this rumour - Prismall and Pick 75?

What purpose would Pick 75 be to a team that is getting out of the draft?

It's BS.

If it doesn't make sense, you must not dispense...continued words on the matter.

• Like 2

I have a question...

each team is aloud 44(or whatever it is) players on their list including rookies.

Is hogan counted in that? he cant play until 2014 by afl rules so if he does then effectivly next year we are one player short? or is he not counted in the 44 until 2014? (i.e we actually get to have 45 on our list one of which is ineligable to play)

Again, you people should see a red light when reading this rumour - Prismall and Pick 75?

It's BS.

If it doesn't make sense, you must not dispense...continued words on the matter.

It's to offer to north for Pederson.

We don't want to be seen as paying overs.

• Like 1

I have a question...

each team is aloud 44(or whatever it is) players on their list including rookies.

Is hogan counted in that? he cant play until 2014 by afl rules so if he does then effectivly next year we are one player short? or is he not counted in the 44 until 2014? (i.e we actually get to have 45 on our list one of which is ineligable to play)

He is not on our list until 2014.

It's BS.

Obviously about 99 percent of the rumors flying around are BS.

Has Neeld come out and stated that we are only using x amount of picks in the draft? It could eventuate that a kid he had his eye on is still available at a late pick (75 or whatever) when he wasnt expected to be so we take him. We won't know until we get to draft time.

Obviously about 99 percent of the rumors flying around are BS.

Has Neeld come out and stated that we are only using x amount of picks in the draft? It could eventuate that a kid he had his eye on is still available at a late pick (75 or whatever) when he wasnt expected to be so we take him. We won't know until we get to draft time.

The actions of the club tell me we will be small players at the draft.

Pick 49, 63, and 70 are our picks. For Pick 75 to come into play would be astounding:

With the way the Primary List stands at the minute we have 1 vacancy. If we elevated Nicho and Evans, took ND4 and Pick 49, brought in zero net palyers in the draft (Pedersen/Ray for Martin/Gys is a wash for example), wanted to keep PSD3 open and sign 1 Delisted FA (as we seem to be keen on considering Rodan was seen at AAMI) we would have to clear 5 players (on top of those gone already: Moloney, Green, Jurrah, and Rivers) to do just that. If we were to use 63, 70, and 75 - we would have to clear 8 players.

Bennell, Cook, Bate, Petterd, Davis, MacDonald, Jetta, Batram, Dunn and Bail are OOC.

Keep 2 - delete the rest - and Pick 75 might be in the frame.

Again, not going to happen, Pick 75 is useless to us.

BS trade.

• Like 5

Pick 49, 63, and 70 are our picks. For Pick 75 to come into play would be astounding:

With the way the Primary List stands at the minute we have 1 vacancy. If we elevated Nicho and Evans, took ND4 and Pick 49, brought in zero net palyers in the draft (Pedersen/Ray for Martin/Gys is a wash for example), wanted to keep PSD3 open and sign 1 Delisted FA (as we seem to be keen on considering Rodan was seen at AAMI) we would have to clear 5 players (on top of those gone already: Moloney, Green, Jurrah, and Rivers) to do just that. If we were to use 63, 70, and 75 - we would have to clear 8 players.

Bennell, Cook, Bate, Petterd, Davis, MacDonald, Jetta, Batram, Dunn and Bail are OOC.

BS trade.

rpfc the above makes more sense that most of what I have read on trading threads in the last three weeks.

But can you stop please

I am having trouble with common sense being stated on here.

• Like 1

BS trade.

Although I don't think delisting 6 to 8 players is that unbelievable, I agree that there isn't much chance of us actually using a pick as low as 75 in the draft.

BS trade.

If nothing else, well done and thanks for keeping up with where the list is at. I'm assuming you are counting Viney as already being on the list.

I think if the more reasonable trades happen, we're likely to see Pedersen and Ray in for the loss of Martin, so post trades we'll have zero free spots. I think the most likely scenario from here is Pick 4, Nicho, Evans, Free Agent, PSD #3; 5 more players to delist. On that, I have Macdonald, Jetta, Bartram, Dunn and Bail hanging on by the skin of their teeth.

• Like 2

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you haven't accounted for Viney, Dawes and Byrnes incoming. Not to mention the rookie situation, with Lawrence gone and reportedly Sheehan being moved on.

Edited by bing181

Neeld mentioned the numbers of list changes in the Hogan press conference. Obviously all hypothetical but he mentioned 12. Said something like 5-6 kids & 4-6 experienced players.

Do clubs still need to take a minimum of 3 players from the draft? That being pick 4, Viney and next available.

Neeld mentioned the numbers of list changes in the Hogan press conference. Obviously all hypothetical but he mentioned 12. Said something like 5-6 kids & 4-6 experienced players.

Do clubs still need to take a minimum of 3 players from the draft? That being pick 4, Viney and next available.

im not sure but maybe Barry counts as one?

You need a minimum of 3 picks but upgrades from the rookie list count.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you haven't accounted for Viney, Dawes and Byrnes incoming. Not to mention the rookie situation, with Lawrence gone and reportedly Sheehan being moved on.

Sheahan is on the RL.

I had counted for all incoming players. It's a running total of confirmed in/outs. Right now we have 1 vacancy.