Forum Footy - Sunday, 21 October

rollinson 65

dunno, WJ, about best player...

it was such an even performance...

tassie dee, nat and their mates saved us from embarassment by playing their hearts out for the pies in game 3 to allow us to win the day...

dazzledavey36 played only one game, but excelled in that game...

leeroy could only show flashes of what he is capable of, because he was as sick as a dog...

rollo2 was everywhere but missed nearly every shot on goal...

cords1 was consistently good for us all day, and did not miss his only shot on goal...

the passenger was one of our best ( should change his site name to "the contributor")...

I could go on...

in the final analysis, I would cast my votes for the passenger and cords1 and leeroy....

but I was umpiring in goals all day, so I missed what you saw on the backline...

I suggest you consult george on the outer, biffen and supermercado and make a decision...

I will go along with your decision...

Well done to all involved.Not a clean sweep as per usual,but none-the-less, a good result achieved.

I dont suppose anyone was /is aware that 'barty' was on a 'get even' mission. The MFC players are currently picking holes in most of our posters on here. Yep,pay back is a [censored].

Poster A = Can't spell,should be moved on

Poster B -= Couldnt put more than 2 words together,traded to anywhere but cant stay here

Poster C= Has no idea how a modern forum works.Banish forever

etc etc etc

Perhaps in time the forum footy team will come to be known as the Melbouren Forths.

Forgone, forlong,forthright,and fore-mentioned.

I'd like to know how Bartram knew about the game being played, inside tipoff ?,surely didnt read about it on here.

Whatever it was, it was great he gave up some of his time,to show some support and interest. Who knows

he might have picked up a few pointers on improving his game. I'd be guessing ,but run and spread wouldnt have been one of them ;)

Good to hear WJ. I'm confidently hoping that that Clint's new knee may just be the solution to his kicking and he will become an elite kick.

Clint Bartram, footballer. A man barely alive. Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to make the world's first bionic man. Clint Bartram will be that man. Better than he was before. Better...stronger...faster.

• Like 1

"I'd like to know how Bartram knew about the game being played, inside tipoff ?,surely didnt read about it on here.

Whatever it was, it was great he gave up some of his time,to show some support and interest. Who knows

he might have picked up a few pointers on improving his game. I'd be guessing ,but run and spread wouldnt have been one of them ;)"

new players are dsicouraged from reading on here, but Clint is close to 100 games...

he was sponsored here on demonland when he first joined the Club...

perhaps the simple answers are sometimes accurate...

Congrats guys! Like to pass on my apologies for non-attendance, I am in the middle of exams and hadn't actually been checking the boards but had the game down in my head as this Sunday, only just realised after a reference to the game on Demonology talked about it in past tense! Sorry and see you all for the next one

hey, stynes, you were sorely missed...

the russian stepped in as captain, and did a great job...

but we missed your run and carry in the midfield...

and you missed your chance to equal mickrocks' record for most games played...

next time the organiser might send you a pre-game reminder...

hopefully, the other forums will challenge us again in february...

regards,

rollo

dunno, WJ, about best player...

it was such an even performance...

tassie dee, nat and their mates saved us from embarassment by playing their hearts out for the pies in game 3 to allow us to win the day...

dazzledavey36 played only one game, but excelled in that game...

leeroy could only show flashes of what he is capable of, because he was as sick as a dog...

rollo2 was everywhere but missed nearly every shot on goal...

cords1 was consistently good for us all day, and did not miss his only shot on goal...

the passenger was one of our best ( should change his site name to "the contributor")...

I could go on...

in the final analysis, I would cast my votes for the passenger and cords1 and leeroy....

but I was umpiring in goals all day, so I missed what you saw on the backline...

I suggest you consult george on the outer, biffen and supermercado and make a decision...

I will go along with your decision...

sorry, Jack...

best players ??

Sorry Rollo. Distracted by having to do some work on a VCAT matter. You know what it's like.

And the winner is ... Leeroy, just ahead of Cords1.

Problem is we don't have a prize so what we need is a belated sponsor.

VCAT is for pussys...

I've been in the Supreme Court...

(found not guilty again)... :o

the prizes are the old iconic demonland/demonology badges presented to us by george on the outer... :wub:

we have enough to last until 2037...

hope we have a new coach and a new organiser by then... :)

I will deliver a badge to cords1 tomorrow, and will email leeroy to set up a meet...

thanks, jack...

regards,

rollo

• 2 weeks later...

When Clint came down to talk to the guys pre game none of us knew that his career was over although it was probably on the cards if his recovery turned out to be less than 100% successful. He gave it his best shot and in the end made the team decision to allow someone else to take the spot on the list that he would have occupied. In that respect his decision confirmed the worthiness of his appointment to the leadership group and reflected the message to our players that day about team effort.

We wish you well in your future Clint - doing import/export with China is going to be just as tough a gig as running out on the footy field. Work hard and you'll be a success and please come down to help the team when we next play forum footy.

• Like 1