Aaron Davey reconsidering his position at Melbourne

Brayshaw Self

Guest Rassilon

I am not sure why you are making skiting predictions about other posters statements when you have have been such a memorable poor sod example of it.

And its ironic that you want to label others as a "fool". Guess that will be missed as well with you. True to label.

Thanks for that. Duly noted. Now back to Aaron.

I know this isn't exclusive to Demonland, but over the past 2 years I have heard a somewhat common theme that Davey is overpaid and supporters would be happy to have him on less money.

Money... I hate it when money comes into argument or opinion of a player.... fact is Aaron deserved that contract when it was given to him and the market dictated that was his worth.

Injuries, form lapses etc happen in every sport, however it is important to never blame a player for his wage, always blame the guy who signed the cheque.

If I was being overpaid for what I can output at this stage of my career am I really going to ask for less money?

I don't think what a player is being paid from a contract signed after the best form of said players career is even remotely pertinent to his current output. Blame list managers, blame the market, but never blame the guy getting paid.

• Like 4

I know enough about them - he'll either play next season on full whack or he'll retire and we'll come to an agreement with him to pay him less.

So you would leave your employer and get paid out less than you are owed on your contract? Yeah right.

It all depends on his ability to run.

................ and to keep opposition players from getting inside his head!

• Like 1

................ and to keep opposition players from getting inside his head!

yes..he went from the hunter to the hunted. Not so good .

Loss of speed will do that.

that and , as I think DOF was alluding the game swung around and he got the yips and lost the drive to hurt other team in the sense of making their life a merry hell.

A massive loss of confidence. Yes, I suppose if your main weapon was alarming speed and you dont have it you leave yourself as a target...and he was.

Sometimes its just attitude and not accepting to be a vicitm :huh:

that and , as I think DOF was alluding the game swung around and he got the yips and lost the drive to hurt other team in the sense of making their life a merry hell.

A massive loss of confidence. Yes, I suppose if your main weapon was alarming speed and you dont have it you leave yourself as a target...and he was.

Sometimes its just attitude and not accepting to be a vicitm :huh:

All comes down to speed. That's why he was/is in the side.

All comes down to speed. That's why he was/is in the side.

And a precise, creative left foot.

If he still has one of those tools he could still add some value with the right role and some support. If both are gone he will remain on the list, try for a while and retire at the end of next year a shadow of the player he once was.

If Adam Cooney's missus is prepared to donate her husband a knee ligament to keep him emplyed perhaps she could throw in a foot for Aaron, just for good measure?

BTW - Aarons confidence was destroyed by other teams enforcers niggling and irritating him no end and his team mates doing very little or nothing at all to give him a chop out. We have been disgraceful in this regard since Neita retired. The reality is he would have been far better protected at 15 other clubs.

• Like 1

BTW - Aarons confidence was destroyed by other teams enforcers niggling and irritating him no end and his team mates doing very little or nothing at all to give him a chop out. We have been disgraceful in this regard since Neita retired. The reality is he would have been far better protected at 15 other clubs.

I agree 100% with this.

Mind you there were a lot of players not doing their job and as a result players ( and there were more than just Davey ) were leftr swinging in the breeze.

Funny you mentioned Neita as I see a lot of the similar 'protectionism" in Clark

• Like 2

So you would leave your employer and get paid out less than you are owed on your contract? Yeah right.

Yeah in a tight industry I wouldn't burn my reputation for fair dealing if I was unable to deliver on my end of the contract - I'd come to an accommodation.

Loss of speed will do that.

Yeah, I know wyl. There's even a song about it ................ "the foot bone is connected to the knee bone, the knee bone is connected to the thigh bone, the thigh bone is connected to the head bone" (or something along those lines). Personally, I think it has more to do with temperament.

Edited by Deeoldfart

Why are my posts about Rivers being deleted? It's from the MFC website, it's not rumor! Riv is fully exploring free agency, and that's a direct quote from Mark Neeld.

You guys really gonna let all the garbage rumor mongering go on here and then delete factual posts?!

Most of us can recognise the garbage rumours......... if I was Riv and with Free Agency coming in, coz the players wanted it, I would test the waters......every player whose contract is up 'tests the waters' every year...through their managers to see if they can get a trade, move on etc....this is no different....just Neeld stopping another garbage rumour in its tracks

Most of us can recognise the garbage rumours......... if I was Riv and with Free Agency coming in, coz the players wanted it, I would test the waters......every player whose contract is up 'tests the waters' every year...through their managers to see if they can get a trade, move on etc....this is no different....just Neeld stopping another garbage rumour in its tracks

I deleted my post there too, seemed like my original post disappeared then came back... oh well...

Anyways, isn't it big news to anyone that Rivers is looking around?! Seems like a big deal to me, especially if the coach is talking about it. Would have thought confirming a rumor is the opposite of stopping it in it's tracks?!

I deleted my post there too, seemed like my original post disappeared then came back... oh well...

Anyways, isn't it big news to anyone that Rivers is looking around?! Seems like a big deal to me, especially if the coach is talking about it. Would have thought confirming a rumor is the opposite of stopping it in it's tracks?!

Wouldn't he be dumb not to see what he is worth to other clubs???and therefore negotiate a contract with MFC????....Just asking???

Aaron is a proud one club player who needs to get over his injuries so he can have a clean injury free run at re-establishing himself in the MFC team.

• Like 1

hahaha - monumental back down. What you heard - which is different when you where prepared to write him off. You and others should be ashamed of yourself.

Here are the facts Dr Who/hangon007/wasteofinternet:

1. He has multiple stress fractures in his foot.

2. He has a large family.

3. He wants to keep playing.

4. He might struggle to be back.

5. The club wants to know where his head is at and where his foot is at.

You can interpret whatever I say to your hearts content.

My opinion is:

1. The should do what is in its best interest - if that is 'paying out' a player to open a spot on the list then that is what they should do.

2. If they do that - they should pay him his due. As we will be forced to do throught the CBA anyway.

Go back to your sandpit and play with yourself and think about trades that will never happen and scenarios that too fanciful for rational brains.

I know this isn't exclusive to Demonland, but over the past 2 years I have heard a somewhat common theme that Davey is overpaid and supporters would be happy to have him on less money.

Money... I hate it when money comes into argument or opinion of a player.... fact is Aaron deserved that contract when it was given to him and the market dictated that was his worth.

Injuries, form lapses etc happen in every sport, however it is important to never blame a player for his wage, always blame the guy who signed the cheque.

If I was being overpaid for what I can output at this stage of my career am I really going to ask for less money?

I don't think what a player is being paid from a contract signed after the best form of said players career is even remotely pertinent to his current output. Blame list managers, blame the market, but never blame the guy getting paid.

I blame the guy getting paid.I have seen too many players, Aaron included that have big final years of their contracts and get a nice beefy new contract and fail to deliver in the following years. You could almost pick the last year of Trappers contract as his output lifted dramatically.

A player earns a hefty new contract based on current performances and I expect the same level of performance as the ones which caused a rather large jump in his salary in his new contract.

The other thing that Mark Neeld said on SEN this morning was that Flash has already taken his annual leave for the year and has commenced his own preseason. I hadn't heard of anyone doing this before. I thought it was a great idea. Obviously he needs to get his body right.

• Like 2

The other thing that Mark Neeld said on SEN this morning was that Flash has already taken his annual leave for the year and has commenced his own preseason. I hadn't heard of anyone doing this before. I thought it was a great idea. Obviously he needs to get his body right.

Great to hear hey! Between that and the sighting of Jetta and Dunn out on the tan it sounds like the boys are lifting their game.

• Like 1

Great to hear hey! Between that and the sighting of Jetta and Dunn out on the tan it sounds like the boys are lifting their game.

Looks like more of the now 'senior' players are buying into the Neeld way!

Great of Aaron to set an example by taking leave instead of injury time to have a longer preseason = committment + good attitude.

Wish him well with it all.

• Like 1