The Club's Intentions - Trade/Draft

Hells Gates

Those people saying we can draft for the future (if it takes 3 years...) are delusional.

This club needs to be moving up the ladder next year. If we are still a cellar dweller in 3 years this place will be dead.

How was your day WYL? :)

Why is it I get the feeling you are playing a game HG - voluntary work for the club and you release all this 'information', but then claim confidentiality ...

Be careful people, be very careful ...

Read his post again HG, he wasn't shooting the messenger, he was shooting the message.

I happen to agree and I am not shooting at you, I actually commended you earlier and hope you will have more to post as we go along. I also feel that this is our last chance to get things right and that means drafting the best players, not drafting to win a few games and save a Coach's job. I don't think Mark will take that approach and I am happy to watch talent grow and develop if you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. For example if Jesse Hogan is that good and we can get him but not play him until 2014, IMO we get him. I will be happy to wait if I can see what we are creating. Recruiting a bunch of nearly over the hills is not the way to rebuild, but again I don't see Mark doing that.

Keep the news coming. It's a good read.

Mick Malthouse has said many times that the Collingwood team was "his team", he built it and nurtured it and won a flag with it. He grew close to the players and they were as one; I would imagine that when Neeld took the job at Melbourne, the first bit of advice that Mick would have given him was to do exactly the same.

So I agree with you he will choose his own players and make this team his own.

• Like 1

i think WYL's saying, as we all feel, well most feel.

The Honeymoon is over with the administration, as you alluded to in your post HG, saying the club recognises this.

IMO this Is a Healthy position for our supporters to adopt, to keep the anger & hold the board accountable, to keep things sharp, with no comfort dust settling on us.

We need to be a Rolling Stone, perpetual motion, in our relentless drive to rebuild this club minus the Culture Cobwebs.

I totally agree. I tend to not type how I really feel but the term "fried" with this footy club comes to mind. All good we will get there, we all need each other and hope but I couldnt understand how you "old" buggers like yourself & wyl cope! :)

A credit to the older generation I think.

Edited by Hells Gates

Why is it I get the feeling you are playing a game HG - voluntary work for the club and you release all this 'information', but then claim confidentiality ...

Excuse me? Game? I stir WYL up all the time, he's fine with that, well I hope so.

I have said nothing that will bring the club into jeopardy. I have shared information in the first post that I would think would be of interest. The rest of the posts are purely my opinion without going into detail. I choose very carefully what I can and can't write Hardnut.

I take offence to what you have written. It is posts like yours that will stop me from sharing anything again.

Mick Malthouse has said many times that the Collingwood team was "his team", he built it and nurtured it and won a flag with it. He grew close to the players and they were as one; I would imagine that when Neeld took the job at Melbourne, the first bit of advice that Mick would have given him was to do exactly the same.

So I agree with you he will choose his own players and make this team his own.

Very insightful. You're spot on here i feel. This is EXACTLY what Neeld will be doing. Take what he can use,throw away the rest, bring in the supplementary /complementary players to suit the roles as they are deemed.

I totally agree. I tend to not type how I really feel but the term "fried" with this footy club comes to mid. All good we will get there, we all need each other and hope but I couldnt understand how you "old" buggers like yourself & wyl cope! :)

A credit to the older generation I think.

I grew up just at the end of our golden Era being a Demon thanks to my MCC member Grand Father. He was a cricketer of some note apparently.

I don't remember anything of our halcyon Days as my family were Carton supporters, bar my passive & all loving mum, who I realised years later was a Demon.

Getting through without any Dees mates was the norm'.

My mum had a disability thru Polio, & Never gave up, & never whinged.

I never give up, & have learnt a nasty side to survive. People who have tried to rough me up over the years have instantly regretted it. so I have both the soft nature with the 'Tommy attitude' of Kenny Rogers-Coward of the County going on.

These things add up to survival.

• Like 4

Excuse me? Game? I stir WYL up all the time, he's fine with that, well I hope so.

I have said nothing that will bring the club into jeopardy. I have shared information in the first post that I would think would be of interest. The rest of the posts are purely my opinion without going into detail. I choose very carefully what I can and can't write Hardnut.

I take offence to what you have written. It is posts like yours that will stop me from sharing anything again.

Gday HG

Dont be like that. :(

I grew up just at the end of our golden Era being a Demon thanks to my MCC member Grand Father. He was a cricketer of some note apparently.

I don't remember anything of our halcyon Days as my family were Carton supporters, bar my passive & all loving mum, who I realised years later was a Demon.

Getting through without any Dees mates was the norm'.

My mum had a disability thru Polio, & Never gave up, & never whinged.

I never give up, & have learnt a nasty side to survive. People who have tried to rough me up over the years have instantly regretted it. so I have both the soft nature with the 'Tommy attitude' of Kenny Rogers-Coward of the County going on.

These things add up to survival.

Good story. You have waited this long so whats a few more years going to hurt right?

All the best.

poor form hardnut.

HG is great for this website so if you dont like info from him dont read it.

Im very happy to have him share this info.

• Like 1

HG not all plans come to fruition but just having insight into what the clubs thoughts and plans are give the fans like me more visibility to the behind the scene activity to which we would never see. It's stuff like this that fill supporters with excitement.

Im happy to hear that, thanks. Its nothing that some dont already know or assume & some will find it interesting.

Good story. You have waited this long so whats a few more years going to hurt right?

All the best.

HG how is Mitch Clark going with his foot any info mate cheers.

Finally how many players will we delist? IYO

HG....if you are able. Is it fair to say that the clubs been scouring far and wide, long and hard building up a picture of whos out there . And that ther'yve been doing this since the FD/recruiting team was formed ? I.e anticipating the holes in the list ?

We are in interested in just about everybody, Toumpas being one of course, club has done its research this time around.

Any word on whether Kelly will stay as part of recruiting?

Well guys after a previous post that has offended me Im off to spend some time with the family before I fly out to work tomorrow.

Hope you all have a good week, dont get too stressed or upset about the Dee's, the Club is in great hands and you can relax.

Season has ended, go do something with your family or something that will make you happy again, its been a horrid year for us all. Theres more to life than footy.

See ya's next time I'm around the traps, thanks for the kind words. Be kind to each other!!! Especially you WYL! :)

• Like 1

HG how is Mitch Clark going with his foot any info mate cheers.

Finally how many players will we delist? IYO

Mate IMO....Clark, Gawn & Taggert will be ready to go first day of pre season. I may be wrong!

Secondly IMO....All up with retirements, delistings etc it could be north or south of 12. Coach may have more of an idea than me. How many would you delist?

Thanks for the info Hells Gate id also like to say I really appreciate the info regardless if it happens or not it's great to hear what the club is thinking! Please keep it coming gives us suppoters alot of hope we desperatly need

Spoke to my bloke and he is more convinced than ever that Viney is as good as a Dee - second round or pick 3 - whatever it takes - with an obvious preference. Jugding by the reactions here you are obviously a credible source so I wont get too carried away yet. Just seems confusing when you hear to differnet views that are both telling you one way or another.

HG....if you are able. Is it fair to say that the clubs been scouring far and wide, long and hard building up a picture of whos out there . And that ther'yve been doing this since the FD/recruiting team was formed ? I.e anticipating the holes in the list ?

Spot on - A long and professional process thats been going on for months. Well educated but still got to draft the right ones though don't we. Would you agree theres a few holes in the list Sir?

All the best.

You think he is propaganda?!

You have jumped the shark.

I'm ignoring you from now on, sorry mate.

Spot on - A long and professional process thats been going on for months. Well educated but still got to draft the right ones though don't we. Would you agree theres a few holes in the list Sir?

All the best.

A few ?? Yep..a few :mellow:

safe journeys mate

I've seen a rebuild before, and I know what it takes coming from a low base.

And I know about 'cultures', personal & team, and understand them better than Most. Probably better than many, or most in our footy dept.

I can see Neeld knows, or at least understands what he & past coaches were/are up against. Some of those Coaches probably didn't have a good grasp of the Issue, & It, Got, Them first.

I hope the Board gets it, & I assume they do, as we can see the footy dept going the chop right now as we speak. /this is the Only way now we can go or we will one day have to merge.

The hatchet Job is totally warranted to hack out the Cancer, & Instill a New desperation.

• Like 1

Spoke to my bloke and he is more convinced than ever that Viney is as good as a Dee - second round or pick 3 - whatever it takes - with an obvious preference. Jugding by the reactions here you are obviously a credible source so I wont get too carried away yet. Just seems confusing when you hear to differnet views that are both telling you one way or another.

My crystal ball says he will be a Dee mate.