Beamer ... Nothin' but a Dreamer?

Range Rover

Perhaps you just need to accept it.

Sad end for Beamer. Our potential captain 18 months ago.

Won't accept it.... Yet anyway. With the amount of faith we're asked to put in other players I find it very disappointing how easily MFC "supporters" have turned on him this year.

• Like 1

Won't accept it.... Yet anyway. With the amount of faith we're asked to put in other players I find it very disappointing how easily MFC "supporters" have turned on him this year.

He has done it all himself Stuie, if only you could see it.
  • Like 1

He has done it all himself Stuie, if only you could see it.

I'm not saying he's had any kind of a good year, but geez we've stuck fat with lesser players waiting for their form to turn, yet so may 'Landers are prepared to hate on him at the drop of the hat due to their own vendettas against the guy.

Also, similar to Gysberts, the only place I've heard anyone question his work ethic is Demonland.

He may go, he may stay, none of us know for sure, but I just don't understand the hate this guy cops here.

I'm not saying he's had any kind of a good year, but geez we've stuck fat with lesser players waiting for their form to turn, yet so may 'Landers are prepared to hate on him at the drop of the hat due to their own vendettas against the guy.

Also, similar to Gysberts, the only place I've heard anyone question his work ethic is Demonland.

He may go, he may stay, none of us know for sure, but I just don't understand the hate this guy cops here.

I don't hate Beamer. In fact a few years back demonland organized a fund raiser at the st.kilda bowls club. Beamer was there. I bought a DVD of Northey years highlights. Brent loved it. He is a good guy. Bt he doesn't fit in with Neeld. Its obvious. A few bad games i excuse. A total season. Nope, not on.

I don't hate Beamer. In fact a few years back demonland organized a fund raiser at the st.kilda bowls club. Beamer was there. I bought a DVD of Northey years highlights. Brent loved it. He is a good guy. Bt he doesn't fit in with Neeld. Its obvious. A few bad games i excuse. A total season. Nope, not on.

I don't know if that's an obvious thing. Before this season i thought Moloney would be one of the players to flourish under Neeld, but something hasn't clicked so far.

It's a really tricky one, I would love for him to have another pre-season and then season under Neeld, but I would guess he won't go for a one year contract so he's probably off to another club, but i think the suggestion his career is over is pretty silly.

Total agreeance tho, rubbish season from him, he's far from alone there tho, yet he's coping more than his fair share IMO.

I don't know if that's an obvious thing. Before this season i thought Moloney would be one of the players to flourish under Neeld, but something hasn't clicked so far.

It's a really tricky one, I would love for him to have another pre-season and then season under Neeld, but I would guess he won't go for a one year contract so he's probably off to another club, but i think the suggestion his career is over is pretty silly.

Total agreeance tho, rubbish season from him, he's far from alone there tho, yet he's coping more than his fair share IMO.

No. His season has been far worse than anyone elses mate. He is in the engine room and not fired a shot all year. It's not form. He is not there.

No. His season has been far worse than anyone elses mate. He is in the engine room and not fired a shot all year. It's not form. He is not there.

We'll have to disagree there. I think there's a group who have not lived up to the standard we would expect of them this year.

Moloney, Morton, Jamar, Green (has finished well tho), Frawley, Petterd, Bennell, Sylvia... All have been WELL below what their average season should have been.

Personally I think Moloney cops it because of his aggressive nature.

I remember his first game back after his first lay-off and he played the best game he has for the year, drifting around the half forward line and it's slowly dropped away again as the rest of the season's gone on. Think there were plenty of people behind him after that one, including myself. Right now, I'd be happy for him to stay another season but wouldn't be shattered if he doesn't. One thing I am happy with, is that he's no longer gifted games. Shame it's come so late in the season as it may be too late for the hard lessons to sink in. Think he would thrive with another Neeld/Misson pre-season under his belt and being able to further adjust to playing his part under a new, much younger leadership group.

stuie stuie stuie...

it hasn't clicked for him because he didn't listern to what he was told. stubbon and thought his ego would get away with it. as i stated earlier on was told to trim down yet didn't listern and now it has caught up with him. what kind of attitude is that when your coach says you need to trim down for my game plan and yet walks away in one ear out the other. now i was told by a certain rehabilitaion person at the club about the him needing to trim down. was also told that he lost his [censored] when he was told he wasn't in the leadership group by neeldy. apperently a few home truths were given to beamer and didn't cop it on the chin and go away and work on it. sulked around the club and straight away went to his manager and said shop me around asap!

I will bet my left nut Neeldy will be glad to see the back of beamer when he walks out.

its his own doing that he is now where he is and i have no symphathy for him. didn't wanna listern to the coach so good riddence from him.

i was once a beamer fan but after listerning to all this i was pretty disappointed in him and now he is showing it out on the field and we need to clean that kinda trash out of our footy club!

• Like 3

stuie stuie stuie...

it hasn't clicked for him because he didn't listern to what he was told. stubbon and thought his ego would get away with it. as i stated earlier on was told to trim down yet didn't listern and now it has caught up with him. what kind of attitude is that when your coach says you need to trim down for my game plan and yet walks away in one ear out the other. now i was told by a certain rehabilitaion person at the club about the him needing to trim down. was also told that he lost his [censored] when he was told he wasn't in the leadership group by neeldy. apperently a few home truths were given to beamer and didn't cop it on the chin and go away and work on it. sulked around the club and straight away went to his manager and said shop me around asap!

I will bet my left nut Neeldy will be glad to see the back of beamer when he walks out.

its his own doing that he is now where he is and i have no symphathy for him. didn't wanna listern to the coach so good riddence from him.

i was once a beamer fan but after listerning to all this i was pretty disappointed in him and now he is showing it out on the field and we need to clean that kinda trash out of our footy club!

Not saying you're wrong, but I don't trade in rumors or second hand info, although a lot of that wouldn't be a surprise.

I find it strange that some are happy to cut Moloney lose, and yet, are more than happy to take Knights as a FA.....

Moloney is a proven best and fairest winning midfielder, who's had a bad year(conforming to the elite program)......

Knights is a midfielder/half forward, that carnt get a game.......

MFC is not the play ground for has been, semi retired, Adelaide hacks..... Just because we have Craig dosen't mean we have to give jobs to all his X players....

I'd offer Moloney a one year contract, on base payment.... If he accepts it, it's up to him.....if he dosen't than he can [censored] off......

I'd offer Moloney a one year contract, on base payment.... If he accepts it, it's up to him.....if he dosen't than he can [censored] off......

Probably no chance on base payment, but that's about where I'm at with him too.

Offer him the same amount as players like Bate, Morton, Dunn, Sellar, and the rest of the "depth" players.

If he was at another club we'd all be talking about how we should go after him.

I, too, have been informed that he was told to trim down and didn't.

My problem with him (and I have liked him as a player for a long time) is that he is a bit of a one trick pony, and that trick doesn't work too well any more.

I have become ambivalent about him, so que sera sera.

• Like 1

I, too, have been informed that he was told to trim down and didn't.

My problem with him (and I have liked him as a player for a long time) is that he is a bit of a one trick pony, and that trick doesn't work too well any more.

I have become ambivalent about him, so que sera sera.

Pretty hard to disagree with any of that!

Although, he did trim down somewhat didn't he? Maybe not enough?

Sad but I think he's gone past the point of no return at the club. It probably began at some time in the latter part of 2011 when the club was in turmoil and he is said to have been close to crossing to the Bombers at the end of last season. It didn't help when his manager came out and said he was going to test the free agency waters and it helped less when his form dropped off and he stopped showing the emotion and the passion he previously had for the club.

Ironically, if he went to the Bombers he would probably be nursing a soft tissue injury ATM.

I thought the opposite "stuie", it 's no surprise to me that he is playing at Casey. Not sure if I posted it at the time but I did tell some of my supporter friends that I thought he might struggle with a more team oriented style of football that Neeld would bring. He always gave the impression of playing an individual game and Neeld's midfield at Collingwood, whilst having star power worked well as a unit.

Interesting that Swan has copped it a bit from teammates recently for stepping out of this mould, raking up possessions at the detriment to team.

My reservations about Moloney began when it was reported that he bullied one of the first year players at a training session a couple of years ago. He may be a fine enough bloke to talk with, but I think he belongs to a bygone era in terms of his approach to football.

Been on the wall for a while now. Gone for all money, a really dissappointing end for him at the MFC.

Bleeds for the club, but not willing to work through it, should've started seeing a sports psychologist astraight after his bitchfit re: the leadership group.

My reservations about Moloney began when it was reported that he bullied one of the first year players at a training session a couple of years ago. He may be a fine enough bloke to talk with, but I think he belongs to a bygone era in terms of his approach to football.

Oh yes, he made someone cry.

I remember that day well.

I'm not sure if i saw the same thing but i went to an intra club scratch match before the start of last year and he absolutely barreled a young fella (who i think wasn't even on the list - a Casey player there to make up the numbers). Tackled him hard to the ground (which is ok obviously, though it was pretty fierce and it and was an intra club game), then shoved him in to the turf as he was getting up and then game him an almighty verbal spray, with lots of pointing and gesticulating. He was giving lots of verbal sprays throughout the match, but only to young players - never to a senior player, with his trademark pointing etc

I had always been a big Moloney but I have to say i thought it looked pretty bloody poor for a someone who was part of the leadership group (which, unsurprisingly, he was dropped from only a few weeks later).

The thing that makes me wonder about his thinking this year is that he gives his manager authorization to shop him via the media but then never delivers a half decent performance from that point on. Even if he hasn't bought in to the Neeld regime you'd reckon self interest would at least motivate him to perform at a higher level than he has - after all he has been given the game time.

He may well get picked up by another club but i doubt he will be on the sort of coin he might have been if he had been traded before this season. Poor attitude and performance is not an attractive combination, and the poor attitude part will make clubs like GWS and GC very wary as they are no doubt super keen on building a disciplined culture (and with GC they had some bad experiences with Brown and some other senior players).

If I remember correctly, the player he made cry had committed the cardinal sin of going in hard at a marking contest. But because Beamer came off second best, this so-called "leader" felt the responsibility to reprimand him. No wonder we play bruise free footy. Edited by Chook

If I remember correctly, the player he made cry had committed the cardinal sin of going in hard at a marking contest. But because Beamer came off second best, this so-called "leader" felt the responsibility to reprimand him. No wonder we play bruise free footy.

So it was not Cook then!

• Like 1

i sit on the fence when it comes to both Sylvia and Beamer. IF Neeld and the other coaches can see light at the end of the tunnel for them, keep them both. But if their attitudes are as bad as people on Demonland might have you think then yeah, trade away. Its disapointing though, becasue we'd be trading some of our more accomplished and talented players and more than likley be replacing them with lesser lights.

All my non demon mates rate Jamar, Moloney, Davey & Sylvia as our best players. I think its sad that the masses on Demonland are happy to say good riddence to the majority of them.