Players to look at come Trade Week

ashdemons22

We should be really climbing into Shane Savage from the hawks.

Small but has some serious wheels on him. Can't seem to get a game with the highly ranked hawks.

Will add much needed pace to our team.

but ... research please, not just pick n mix lolly grabbing

Herald Sun - June 2012:

DASHING Hawthorn linebreaker Shane Savage said being overlooked for last year's finals series motivated him to break into the regular side this season. And Savage, who has signed a new deal to remain a Hawk until the end of 2015, has been true to his word.

Obvious target ...

swap Cale Morton for Koby Stevens

West Coast’s considerable depth could cost them Koby Stevens at the end of the season, with the promising midfielder on the radar of several Eastern States clubs.

The 21-year-old Stevens, who has been starved of opportunities, will play just his fourth game of the year in tomorrow’s clash with Sydney.

The Victorian’s inclusion will give the strong-bodied inside midfielder a rare chance to display his wares.

The 2009 No.23 draft pick has been given only one full game all year, despite West Coast’s sizeable injury list and his impressive WAFL form.

That performance, a 19-disposal effort against Greater Western Sydney, was not rewarded, with Stevens dropped for the next match.

He is out of contract at the end of this season and it is understood he has attracted interest from as many as six Eastern States-based clubs.

• Like 1

Josh toy, good by foot, and disposal is what we need a major improvement of, and as he has fell out of favor at gold coast he isn't getting much of a run, but what I've seen of him he is a star in the making, one of their 17 year old picks!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Josh toy, good by foot, and disposal is what we need a major improvement of, and as he has fell out of favor at gold coast he isn't getting much of a run, but what I've seen of him he is a star in the making, one of their 17 year old picks!

I was about to bring this guy up. What the hell has happened to him ? He's 20 now and only played 3 games this year. He was incredibly highly rated as a junior, but gets played in their seconds virtually all year. He may need a change of scenery, but he also may not be good enough.

Andrew Strijk of West Coast is another player that I thought looked good a couple of years ago and he too can't get a game. It's difficult judging a player off a television screen, but the few times I saw him I was impressed. It's hard knowing a player's flaws when you don't see them often.

Andrew Strijk of West Coast is another player that I thought looked good a couple of years ago and he too can't get a game.

He's got plenty of traits that make him appealing in a trade, got some decent pace and kicks goals from the mid field.

Having said that, non demons fasn would probably rate ricky petterd alot higher than we do becasue they'd only remember his good marks, goals and 15 tackles insdie 50.

You deffinatley get a different slant on players when they're in your side

For me its 2 trades

1. Josh Toy for Ricky Petterd + our pick #45 ... a steal !!!

2. Koby Stevens for Cale Morton as a straight swap

Then add Toumpas #3, Mayes#4, Gartlett#13, Viney #24f/son & Cloke as a free agent.

agree with this, along with prestia and caddy, hope we go hard at some of the young vics at goldcoast.

Andy Otten from the crows could be handy of half back, highly rated just cant break in after injury.

Also Chris knights could come cheaper.

• Like 1

AFL Bio on Josh Toy

2011 was a trying first season for highly regarded young defender Josh Toy. Despite a strong start to the season, he was soon pushed back to the reserves.

Toy reads the play well extremely off half-back, and has a thumping right boot.

The highly talented youngster will benefit from another year of senior football as he fights to earn a regular spot, however Toy’s all-round defensive poise, leadership qualities, strong marking, and powerful tackling will hold him in good stead as his career progresses.

I was about to bring this guy up. What the hell has happened to him ? He's 20 now and only played 3 games this year. He was incredibly highly rated as a junior, but gets played in their seconds virtually all year. He may need a change of scenery, but he also may not be good enough.

I saw him play one of those games in the seconds about a month ago and he just seems to glide around with little intensity. I don't think he wants it enough.

• Like 2

Pretty sure Toy was a forward/midfielder in the u18 champs? Maybe he's being played out of position?

No, he was a defender. He was considered virtually a certain top 3 National Draft selection before he went to the Gold Coast. His inability to even be a semi-regular in arguably the worst team in the competition raises eyebrows and makes me question the logic in getting him. Is he simply so homesick that he puts in the type of effort described by Goodvibes ? His talent puts him on the agenda, but something is strange.

Here's a link to an article about him on Footytragic a couple of years ago.

http://www.footytragic.com/blog/gold-coast-kids/josh-toy/

Is he simply so homesick that he puts in the type of effort described by Goodvibes ?

If I was a highly talented young footballer who wanted to come home, I'd be urging my overpaid manager to generate a bit of talk about the prospect of a return to my state of origin. There's been absolutely no talk of homesickness or unhappiness. Strange indeed.

Guest KingDingAling

Shaun Higgins (Bullies) would be one to look at.

I think aswell as young kids, we do need a few around the 23-25 year bracket.

Boak and Higgins should be looked at.

Gaff would've been a great get, we should've been in his ear - as a Dees supporter.

Free agency might well be our go though.

• Like 1

Shaun Higgins (Bullies) would be one to look at.

I think aswell as young kids, we do need a few around the 23-25 year bracket.

Boak and Higgins should be looked at.

Gaff would've been a great get, we should've been in his ear - as a Dees supporter.

Free agency might well be our go though.

Not sure Boak & Higgins would see any benefit in move to MFC. We need to attract fringe players with obvious upside. Toy and Stevens fit into our plans.

Trades: Koby Stevens & Josh Toy in

Free agent : Travis Cloke

Draft: Jimmy Toumpas, Sam Mayes, Dayle Gartlett & Jack Viney

Rookie upgrade: Daniel Nicholson

backs- Nicholson, Frawley, Garland

half backs - Grimes T McDonald Toy

centres- Blease J Viney Toumpas

half fwd- Sylvia Cloke Howe

fwds- Gartlett Clark Jurrah

rucks - Jamar Trengove Jones

Int - K Stevens, Mayes, Martin, J Mckenzie

Emerg: Gysberts, Watts, Tapscott.

Whats going on with Boak? Haven't heard anything about him for awhile. Did he sign with Port?

I don't know, but right now he's an overrated footballer. He's having a poor year. And it's his sixth in the system. Port needed someone to stand up yesterday and it wasn't him.