Mark Neeld's Spray on Morton.

dazzledavey36

Keep it up Jose. Week after week. Same mistakes, week in week out, No defensive pressure, knocked off the ball too easily, turnovers, sloppy decision maker. What has he actually got?

Your support won't save him.

you must have missed the "silky skills".

Cale Morton's silky smooth skills would be best suited at a gun side like West Coast at the moment

If he's not going to start playing well under extreme pressure then the door should by now be wIDE open.

Really it's ashame, I'm sure he's got odes of talent but hes a dweeb in an developing side and I don't think we should have the time or patience to perservire with the BOY. We are a side that continually perservires with the likes of Cale and to be honest it's [censored] tiring.

'There has been an improvement though....'. Shut up little man over my shoulder just shut it ....we don't want him

I suspect at least SOME of the jeering of Morton from MCC members may have come from Pie supporters who at last survey made up about 8% (8000) of the membership . Our support is only in the low 20's, a fact which surprises most people.

Good old 'Land gets a mention in this latest article on our much maligned Morts...

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/morton-is-yet-to-make-his-mark-20120612-2088y.html

Strangely, they didn't approach Jose Mourinho/Lutz/E25 to get the definitive answer on young Cale, or everything else to do with footy. Don't they know who he thinks he is?!

Good old 'Land gets a mention in this latest article on our much maligned Morts...

http://www.theage.co...0612-2088y.html

Strangely, they didn't approach Jose Mourinho/Lutz/E25 to get the definitive answer on young Cale, or everything else to do with footy. Don't they know who he thinks he is?!

Well at least we know this "good old 'land gets a good reading after each game.

interesting times are ahead...

at least he's being called out, and everything that's said on here is neatly summarised for the general populace as to how our supporter base is feeling about a player who has not stagnated but actually gone backwards since his debut season.

it's terribly disappointing. we need our early draft picks to be stars. not one of them is.

Finally we have definitive proof that these journos troll 'Land for story ideas. At least Peter Hanlon gives us a mention unlike Mark Stevens and a few over at the Hun who regularly pilfer nuggets of wisdom from among these hallowed threads.

Edited by Range Rover
  • Like 1

Maybe he is injured. It is what supporters use to excuse the clubs golden children. Trengove turned the ball over by foot twice under little pressure. One leading to Didaks first mark. He also fumbled on a wing under little pressure and let siddbottom tackle him when we were away. He did a howler, hopefully Neeld can reduce them but he does work hard up and down the ground. He worked hard after his error to get back defensively adn make numbers. Still had more of a positive impact on the game than numerous players i.e. sylvia, green, beamer, trengove etc

Maybe he is injured. It is what supporters use to excuse the clubs golden children. Trengove turned the ball over by foot twice under little pressure. One leading to Didaks first mark. He also fumbled on a wing under little pressure and let siddbottom tackle him when we were away. He did a howler, hopefully Neeld can reduce them but he does work hard up and down the ground. He worked hard after his error to get back defensively adn make numbers. Still had more of a positive impact on the game than numerous players i.e. sylvia, green, beamer, trengove etc

Crackers hear what your saying, but quite frankly we've seen how good JT is and you would think after 3 yrs we've given Cale the opportunity to prove himself also. When is enuf??

Brent Grgic was a better footballer than Cale.

That says everything about your footy brain and nothing about Cale. Not bad for a one liner. Who knows what you could do if you REALLY thought about it?

• Like 1

Guest José Mourinho

Crackers hear what your saying, but quite frankly we've seen how good JT is and you would think after 3 yrs we've given Cale the opportunity to prove himself also. When is enuf??

Has he had enough time? Enough opportunity?

Injury riddles preseasons, one after the other.

Poorly resourced fitness department that was never able to develop him physically.

Poorly resourced and managed coaching department that failed to develop his game, even failing to review his AFL matches with him at times, or to give him some continuity between the role he played at VFL level to AFL level, or week to week.

Cale has gone backwards since stepping foot in the club - could that be the club's fault?

There have been some serious mistakes made over the short career of Cale Morton.

I believe some blame lies with him, some with the club, and the majority of it can be adjusted and compensated for over time to make him a valuable contributor.

Is the juice worth the squeeze?

I'm guessing, but I think it will.

He's still only 22, but getting closer each day to the cutting your losses line.

If he were 26, it'd be a different matter.

But those that can't see the talent buried within Cale have their eyes closed.

• Like 3

Has he had enough time? Enough opportunity?

Yes plenty. Has been gifted more games than anyone bar Watts.

Injury riddles preseasons, one after the other.

Keep repeating this drivel. He had a finger injury last season. Big deal.

Poorly resourced fitness department that was never able to develop him physically.

Hasn't stopped Jones. Someone with desire, tenacity and perseverance.

Poorly resourced and managed coaching department that failed to develop his game, even failing to review his AFL matches with him at times, or to give him some continuity between the role he played at VFL level to AFL level, or week to week.

Scraping the bottom of the barrel here. Oh diddums, didn't they talk to you?? It clearly doesn't matter what they say to him., He seems incapable of doing it. I am certain they are not telling him to play the way he is.

Cale has gone backwards since stepping foot in the club - could that be the club's fault?

Don't you get sick of blaming everyone else - you must be a Gen Y. So you finally admit he has gone backwards. But you can't bring yourself to believe its the players fault?

There have been some serious mistakes made over the short career of Cale Morton.

You got that right. PLaying him when he doesn't deserve it for one. Not sending him to Casey until he can play like he is supposed to.

I believe some blame lies with him, some with the club, and the majority of it can be adjusted and compensated for over time to make him a valuable contributor.

Is the juice worth the squeeze? I'm guessing, but I think it will.

Only some? And after 4 years and 68 ish games you think he might improve? Dream on.

He's still only 22, but getting closer each day to the cutting your losses line.

If he were 26, it'd be a different matter.

But those that can't see the talent buried within Cale have their eyes closed.

It's pretty simple. All players have some talent. That's why they get drafted. SOme players have a tremendous work ethic and desire. That's why they succeed.

Talent is nothing without hard work. Cale doesn't do enough of it. You simply cannot be watching the game. He doesn't work anywhere near hard enough. Doesn't run both ways and his skills have failed time and time again,

There is nothing so blind as a man who cannot see,

• Like 1

Well at least we know this "good old 'land gets a good reading after each game.

interesting times are ahead...

Jeez ,standards in Journalism must have slipped to a new rock bottom if he "good" paper is quoting us .

Still-at least some of us can spell on this site.

The pies' must be like a finger-painting play group of severe nuffys.

Cale really has copped some flack-lets see how he handles it-which is the only important thing when you are sledged .

Finally we have definitive proof that these journos troll 'Land for story ideas. At least Peter Hanlon gives us a mention unlike Mark Stevens and a few over at the Hun who regularly pilfer nuggets of wisdom from among these hallowed threads.

Yes, the pretense has finally been dropped...

A few on here were shocked, and some rolled their eyes, when I posted last year that Land offers more insight into the Demons and the game than the Hun or the Age.

Is this not proof?

We are the news.

We are gods.

Well, no, that's going too far...but you know what I am saying.

• Like 3

We are gods.

We are DEMONS !! :unsure:

• Like 2

So it's not reasonable for a paper to look at a supporter site to see what supporters are thinking?

They usually don't, because 'supporter site' and 'thinking' don't go hand in hand...

If what anonymous blowhards say on a forum can be used in articles - what is journalism coming to?

I don't like the way 'evidence' for journos articles come from other journos spouting nonsense - this is step down the slippery slope of unknown destination if forum posters can be 'evidence.'

• Like 1

Guest José Mourinho

It's amusing that you think it clever to insult me based on an incorrect assumption you've made.

I never said Cale wasn't at fault, in fact if you read the post, I said the opposite.

But your perception of Cale is skewed by an inability to ignore your prejudices and judge each instance on it's merits.

The sum of the evidence leads to one conclusion, the sum of passionate opinions formed inthe red mist lead to another.

I can see just fine, but I take a more considered position.

I didn't gloat when Cale was in some good form, and I'm not going to condemn him for all eternity when he does poorly.

He simply has a lot more work to do to truly make it.

Whether he does that or not is yet to be seen.

Edited by José Mourinho
  • Like 2

Guest José Mourinho

Not impressed by your regurgitation of Neeld's views on talent as if they were your own either.

Not to say it's not correct.

If what anonymous blowhards say on a forum can be used in articles - what is journalism coming to?

So if I'm a journalist writing a piece on a player who is regarded in a very divided way by supporters, is it not legitimate to go to a 'quality' supporter site like Demonland to see what those divided opinions are? If not, where else should I go? He didn't quote any 'anonymous blowhards' as far as I can see.

Here's the total text from the article that relates to Demonland:

"Mark Neeld's spray on Morton'' became the hot-button topic on the Demonland online forum yesterday, after the coach delivered an immediate verbal assessment of the mistake as Morton passed him moments later, having come straight to the bench ... Yesterday, fans in roughly equal measure either backed the 22-year-old to come good, or made it clear that their patience had run out.

I don't see how that's a great journalistic travesty.

Edited by maurie
  • Like 3

actually

"One fan commented yesterday that he had played well against the Pies ''apart from the bit where I had to throw the TV out the window''."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/morton-is-yet-to-make-his-mark-20120612-2088y.html#ixzz1xdKk9hPU