Changes for next week?

jumbo returns

Out: Sylvia (forever), Trengove (tell em his got General Soreness...but he needs a break), Jurrah (inj) Moloney (Royal)

In: Martin, Couch, Nicholson, Lawrence, (Malthouse)

Ive been saying for weeks that Trenners has got to have a break, if he's injured then lets get it right, why play him ??? Two weeks ago he couldn't make the distance to goal from 30m out.

its time to bring in couch and he should replace one of either moloney or sylvia.

from all the jungle drums i am hearing a lot can be blamed on the senior players and their issues with the administration. maybe there are issues but you know what, these guys are paid and paid well to play football....full stop. They are living privlidged lives and as such should be thankful for every game of afl that they are selected to play in, no matter what the club and no matter who is in charge. They should be playing each game like its their last. at the moment this is not happening.

yes we need senior players to help the youth coming through but right now the situation seems untenable and each week more damage has been done.

in couch we have a player that would walk over his grandmother to play a game of afl. he has worked bloody hard to give himself every chance. he may not have the skills of the above mentioned and may not make the grade, but i have no doubt that what he will give is absolute passion. he will play like a man that may never get the chance again.

to me its seems this is the lesser of two evils.

i am and always will be passionate about my club. i will not walk away in dark times. i just want to see guys on the park that will bleed for their teamates.

go dees

• Like 2

I'd be tempted to leave Sylvia in and have him tag Judd for the whole game. Just thought I would put it out there.

Put him where the ball is, defence. Play him on Walker.

Put Watts on Waite and drop 4-5 players. Namely Moloney jurrah inj Davey jamar.

McKenzie to Judd and see what happens, bartram would be 2nd in line.

The line for this game is surely 60points.......

After a week off, this isn't the time to make unnecessary changes. After his broken pre-season, I don't think Sylvia wouldn't have the fitness level to run with a Walker. If Neeld dropped Moloney he would be making a statement that no one is undroppable, poor performance is punished and, if shopping yourself around mid-season is unacceptable.

Davey is at least trying, Sylvia still might be saved from his own stupidity and Jamar is too talented to simply be written off.

As I've said a few times, the responsibility lies with the coaches to extract the best from the players. Neeld is a teacher and would be more than aware of this. If he reacted as a lot of posters seem to want, 20% of students would be expelled or suspended every week. We'll never join the elite if all we do is respond by axeing players. Bate & Martin would be my two 'ins' to replace Moloney & Jurrah.

Two changes only Davey and Jurrah out, in Martin and Tapscott

Line up

Bartram Frawley Garland

Bennell Rivers McDonald

Blease Sylvia Grimes

Howe Watts Green

Tapscott Clark Martin

Jamar Jones Magner

Moloney McKenzie Trengove

Morton

We play these guys, we have to put Col into the middle, he is no good up forward. I was big on the point last week that Sylvia and Moloney should be played until after Queens birthday give them 3 weeks to show against good teams that they want to play for the MFC. Over the next three weeks if they put up more of the same send them to Casey and don't let them beat up on the young midfields that we wil play in our back 11 games.

Don't start the match with a defensive mind set, start Watts up forward but give him the licence to run getting him working hard between the arcs, I would rather use him in that role than a loose man in defense, our biggest problem is our transition from back to forward, it was good for Jack to get 34 touches but all in our defensive 50m arc, we need him getting the footy from HFB-HFF setting up attack.

I hope Davey isn't omitted. He's nearly the only player I don't cringe at when he kicks to a target.

Surely it must be accepted that his delivery by foot is possibly the best we have. He just needs more of the ball.

Could not care how good his disposal is. If you dont chase or spread, you dont play.

Moloney, Sylvia and Davey should go. Green a reprieve only on the basis that it was first match back.

its time to bring in couch and he should replace one of either moloney or sylvia.

He could replace both for all of the work they are doing.

You serious?! Dunn, Bate, Bartram and Joel Mac all have a fair dinkum crack each time they play for us. I'd actually bring all of those players back.

They may have a crack but they're bog ordinary and Bartram aside, the other 3 are well positioned to be jettisoned at year end. They will need to complete lift in their past form to get another contract.

They maybe used as fodder against the 3 mature physical sides in Esse, Blues and Pies. If we dont see any improvement then they have stamp their own tickets out if not already.

from all the jungle drums i am hearing a lot can be blamed on the senior players and their issues with the administration. maybe there are issues but you know what, these guys are paid and paid well to play football....full stop. They are living privlidged lives and as such should be thankful for every game of afl that they are selected to play in, no matter what the club and no matter who is in charge. They should be playing each game like its their last. at the moment this is not happening.

yes we need senior players to help the youth coming through but right now the situation seems untenable and each week more damage has been done.

in couch we have a player that would walk over his grandmother to play a game of afl. he has worked bloody hard to give himself every chance. he may not have the skills of the above mentioned and may not make the grade, but i have no doubt that what he will give is absolute passion. he will play like a man that may never get the chance again.

to me its seems this is the lesser of two evils.

i am and always will be passionate about my club. i will not walk away in dark times. i just want to see guys on the park that will bleed for their teamates.

go dees

It could very well be. How much currency will these guys have if they are delisted by us at year's end; zero. The two, Moloney and Sylvia, are doing themselves a great disservice if they are indeed sulking/out of control and I doubt that there will be many willing to take the chance on either unless they pull their finger out.

It could very well be. How much currency will these guys have if they are delisted by us at year's end; zero. The two, Moloney and Sylvia, are doing themselves a great disservice if they are indeed sulking/out of control and I doubt that there will be many willing to take the chance on either unless they pull their finger out.

You are correct RobbieF But I have a horrible feeling it won't change much if we drop them for the next month.

Now I am not saying leave them in the team but those we put in will be kids who will struggle.

But at least they might give it a red hot go.

Who knows they might pull off a surprise because continuing with the senior players of the last 8 weeks will just continue the crap we have watched for more than 2 months

Edited by old dee

They may have a crack but they're bog ordinary and Bartram aside, the other 3 are well positioned to be jettisoned at year end. They will need to complete lift in their past form to get another contract.

They maybe used as fodder against the 3 mature physical sides in Esse, Blues and Pies. If we dont see any improvement then they have stamp their own tickets out if not already.

Mate, they're ALL bog ordinary right now, i don't think any of us are expecting wins or even great skills yet, but I'd much rather get done by 10 goals while showing some fight and spirit than get done by 10 goals while looking like we don't even care.

Depending on match ups I would like to see the following:

Outs: Trengove - rest

Jurrah - injured

Davey/Bennell

Ins From: Couch/Dunn/Taggert/Martin

Hopefully Jones is OK to play.

I dont like Clark going down to ruck hence Martin

I would like to see Taggert given a chance ie McDonald who has been given a chance to settle in nicely to the position

Couch and Dunn give grunt and take no prisoners attitude

At the moment I would keep Moloney and Sylvia in see whether they are stung by the remarks this week. Last chance though.

A bit of man love should be going around there at the moment ala Mick Malthouse. Just watched Jack Watts interview after the game - shattered. I believe Riv's didnt even shake hands with the opposition just waited for the MFC players to come to him and walk off. We need to not tar the whole team with the same brush. Most of the team is hurting