CRISIS OF CONFIDENCE

Demonland

so dunn the sub again? or tapscott?

I would think it will be Tapscott, he has really only had two games at Casey so far in 2012

So a part game is probably the best for him.

That comment will gaurantee Dunn gets the job

Richmond are rightly favourites and will probably win, but jeez their team looks ordinary on paper.

Indeed - the fact that they've got two players in their side who were not good enough to get a run with our bunch says plenty.

• Like 1

I think it would be hard to prove yourself from the FP, especially if you've never really been a crumbing forward with any potency. Hope AD can still do well and get back some confidence to build on.

Surely there is no way Sellar will play on Reiwoldt.

Bartram named on Miller for Miller's 150th. Maybe.

Indeed - the fact that they've got two players in their side who were not good enough to get a run with our bunch says plenty.

One of them kicked 3 goals against us last year.

Not sure what that says about us Nasher

I think it would be hard to prove yourself from the FP, especially if you've never really been a crumbing forward with any potency. Hope AD can still do well and get back some confidence to build on.

Surely there is no way Sellar will play on Reiwoldt.

Bartram named on Miller for Miller's 150th. Maybe.

Don't stress. Only a paper team - will line up very differently.

Like the look of the team.

And I like the feel of this week; very calm, even tempered. No dramatics. I have a good feeling. ^_^

I would be absolutely fascinated to know the truth as to whether Brad Green is actually truly out of form or whether he has a bad case of the sulks as regards the tough new coaching standards.

I guess we will probably never know.

I would be absolutely fascinated to know the truth as to whether Brad Green is actually truly out of form or whether he has a bad case of the sulks as regards the tough new coaching standards.

There's absolutely no evidence that this is the case at all, so not only will we never know, I don't even know why you brought it up. This type of post is just as bad as the vultures in the AFL footy media we've all been complaining about in recent weeks. Don't have anything legitimate to rag on the guy about? No worries, we'll just make up a reason!

• Like 2

He was out of form for all of last year, so he is as truly out of form as you can get.

He's done.

interesting Jack Fitzpatrick has made it to emergencies. looks like he might be putting pressure on the rucks.

Will be watching Morton. I hope the coaches are convinced he can now stick his tackles at least and not become a liability in traffic. If not, he should not be playing.

Poss' matchups

B: Steven Morris, Alex Rance, Chris Newman

F: Jack Watts, Mitch Clark, Jeremy Howe

HB: Bachar Houli, Dylan Grimes, Brandon Ellis

HF: Lynden Dunn, Tom McDonald, Aaron Davey

C: Shaun Grigg, Dustin Martin, Daniel Jackson

C:Luke Tapscott, Jack Grimes, Nathan Jones

HF: Brett Deledio, Tyrone Vickery, Shane Edwards

HB: Clint Bartram, Colin Garland, Cale Morton

F: Brad Miller, Jack Riewoldt, Robin Nahas

B: Jared Rivers, James Frawley, Rohan Bail

Foll: Ivan Maric, Trent Cotchin, Nathan Foley

FOLL: Mark Jamar, Jack Trengove, James Magner

I/C: Shane Tuck, Reece Conca, Jake Batchelor, Addam Maric

I/C: Jordie McKenzie, Matthew Bate, James Sellar, Sub:Stef Martin

* Green may come in.

I have to say that Petterd is very stiff not to be given more game time.

Agree Dunn should be gone before Ricky. When Ricky is in form his tackling pressure is the best we have in the forward line and he kicks goals. Hope he is straight back in.

Match ups look ok imo except for Bartram/Deledio. What's Bate's capacity to tag like? It's ok isn't it?

He's got a good tank, but I don't see him starting, coming from 2 weeks as Sub:

I had trouble deciding between Jones on Houli or Dunn. If Jones as hardworking defensive half forward on Houli then Dunn

or Bate to the wing.

Cowboy, yeah I don't get that one. The kid can grab a game by the scruff of the neck and I reckon he's versatile with a little bit of mongrel. I may be missing something

Not a huge fan to be honest.

Dropping Petterd is a massive call. One of the better tacklers i50 for a start. How Dunn gets the nod ahead of him I'm not sure.

Couch very stiff not to get a call up after being in the top 3 or 4 for Casey two weeks running. Could be a very handy second fiddle to Mags.

Davey in the forward pocket? I really hope not.

Glad to see Tappy back but a waste as a sub. Needs to start.

Morton MUST lift. If he shits himself again that's it.

Anyhow it is a team more than capable of winning.

Not a huge fan to be honest.

Dropping Petterd is a massive call. One of the better tacklers i50 for a start. How Dunn gets the nod ahead of him I'm not sure.

Couch very stiff not to get a call up after being in the top 3 or 4 for Casey two weeks running. Could be a very handy second fiddle to Mags.

Davey in the forward pocket? I really hope not.

Glad to see Tappy back but a waste as a sub. Needs to start.

Morton MUST lift. If he shits himself again that's it.

Anyhow it is a team more than capable of winning.

We need to be realistic - Ricky Pettard has been a massive disappointment for the past two years.

He has to prove himself or The Suns beckon.

• Like 1

interesting comment by Aaron greaves on the team chat:

"We haven't gone away from run and carry, but we've overcorrected our game style too much and we need to focus on bringing some run and carry back into our game."

Clearly this is the reason Davey has been picked ahead of Couch. Couch is too similar to Magner and McKenzie, at least Davey offers pace, if he gets near the ball.

You'd think the backline matchups would be:

Frawley on Riewoldt

Rivers on Vickery

Sellar on Miller

Garland on Nahas

Bartram on Edwards

Of those matchups, both Frawley & Riewoldt are out of form. Rivers is a worry on Vickery. Sellar the equal of Miller (both good ordinary players) so we

virtually break even if all goes to plan.

I wouldve thought Dunn has done more than Petterd in the two games this year, so not surprised at that choice at all.

The emergencies are a worrying sign of our lack of depth right now. A slow rapidly declining forward, an error prone offcast backman and an extremely raw ruckman.

Put Sylvia, Moloney, Jurrah in that side and I'd be confident we'd beat this mob. Not so sure with this side.

We need to be realistic - Ricky Pettard has been a massive disappointment for the past two years.

He has to prove himself or The Suns beckon.

Are you kidding?

Our whole team has been a dissapoinment, lets not forget Petterds shoulder injuries.

Should be picked ahead of many imo, i must be missing something?

• Like 1