Who would be a required player as of Round 2's performance ?

Just thought Id throw this up: Assuming we were making an assessment of which players are required at the club, who would you keep based not only on the last two games - but perhaps the last few seasons?

Dustin Martin is the perfect type of player for a team like Melbourne, hardnut, uncomprimising mongrel. We just arent respected and players like that demand respect.

Just thought Id throw this up: Assuming we were making an assessment of which players are required at the club, who would you keep based not only on the last two games - but perhaps the last few seasons?

Melbourne

B: Joel Macdonald, James Frawley, Clint Bartram

HB: Jamie Bennell, Jared Rivers, Colin Garland

C: Jack Watts, Jack Grimes, Nathan Jones

HF: Ricky Petterd, James Sellar, Jeremy Howe

F: Lynden Dunn, Mitch Clark, Brad Green

FOLL: Mark Jamar, James Magner, Jack Trengove

I/C: Jordie McKenzie, Matthew Bate, Stef Martin, Rohan Bail

EMG: Aaron Davey, Tom McDonald, Josh Tynan

OUT: Moloney (groin), Davey, Blease, Tynan

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/players/tabid/7501/category/senior/season/2012/default.aspx

For mine Green to go.

Davey to trade.

I could see both Moloney & JMacdonald going.

I think Dunn should go... Bate is a hardworker & should stay on.

Morton must show something this Year or off.

IMO we are getting they're, but you just can't see it yet. The Leadership issue Is the Biggest issue at our club, & has been for decades. On & Off the field.

Based solely on their performances this round and last round, I'd say Martin, Trengove, Watts, Magner from last week, and Clark, Bate and Jones from this week. Magner is the only one who performed well both weeks. Everyone else is either potential or has so far proven that they can't perform in this day and age.

how do you rate tom mcdonald and jack watts performance?

Better than your first few posts
  • Like 2

What are your thoughts on Bartram and Bail? I jusrt havent seen much from either of these blokes that seems to justify their continued selection.

Bartram's selected on his effort. He was at one stage matched up against Dean Cox because he was the only one willing to do the work required to man up the forwards after yet another quick transition from the Eagles' defence. He'll continue to get games until people with better skills are prepared to do the work he does. Bail is similar, but he has more upside, more pace and slightly better skills than Barty.

• Like 3

just telling it how it is. Cant have encouragement your whole life

Do you barrack for Melbourne or are you deriving some cheap pleasure from calling us weak pricks and wooden spooners?

I encourage you to be constructive if you are really a Demon .

• Like 1

Do you barrack for Melbourne or are you deriving some cheap pleasure from calling us weak pricks and wooden spooners?

I encourage you to be constructive if you are really a Demon .

nahh i am just really [censored] off with their performance, hard to be constructive in times like these. Dont you agree?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

Melbourne

B: Joel Macdonald, James Frawley, Clint Bartram

HB: Jamie Bennell, Jared Rivers, Colin Garland

C: Jack Watts, Jack Grimes, Nathan Jones

HF: Ricky Petterd, James Sellar, Jeremy Howe

F: Lynden Dunn, Mitch Clark, Brad Green

FOLL: Mark Jamar, James Magner, Jack Trengove

I/C: Jordie McKenzie, Matthew Bate, Stef Martin, Rohan Bail

EMG: Aaron Davey, Tom McDonald, Josh Tynan

OUT: Moloney (groin), Davey, Blease, Tynan

http://www.melbourne...12/default.aspx

For mine Green to go.

Davey to trade.

I could see both Moloney & JMacdonald going.

I think Dunn should go... Bate is a hardworker & should stay on.

Morton must show something this Year or off.

IMO we are getting they're, but you just can't see it yet. The Leadership issue Is the Biggest issue at our club, & has been for decades. On & Off the field.

Davey,Joel McDonald,GreenMaloney Jones, Trade Watts if you can Blease and Strauss will never make it due to injuries and ability wasted picks

Ohh cale Bloody Morton, Runner in 2013 in a nice uniform absolutely waste of space

nahh i am just really [censored] off with their performance, hard to be constructive in times like these. Dont you agree?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

OK. Forgetting 'effort', 'red-hot-go', 'performance' and the like, what margin did you predict pre-game? (keeping in mind in both games last year it was a 10 goal margin)

Edited by Trident

For me required players would be Mitch, Jonesy, Sylvia, Treners, Frawley, Grimes, Moloney, Garland and Magner.

Im worried Jamar and Stef Martin are going back to his old ways. i say keep Watts but find him a good role in the side that he actually fits in. Rivers looks kinda lost as well.

I was a fan of Bennell until today. Bater hasnt been good in a few years. Morton pretty much sums up the Dees of the last 6 seasons. Bail, Bartram, Blease, MacDonald, and many others I just dont see in a successful future and Im not convinced about any of these guys.

When you look at the team today I just saw a lot of kinda dumbfounded looking players who just looked lost - Wattsie looked like he didnt really know what he was supposed to be doing.