Garry Lyon's six-month rescue mission over

Brayshaws' Helmet

Comments such as those from Rucci and Caro require careful consideration, especially given the situation in which MFC finds itself.

To what end though? You still haven't explained to me why I should GAF that Adelaide preferred Sanderson, because it's sure not obvious to me.

Comments such as those from Rucci and Caro require careful consideration, especially given the situation in which MFC finds itself.

Well why didn't they write these articles last October or November, it's crap. and I 'm not saying Neeld is better than Sanderson Hindsight warriors, but remember the hindsight arguement lasts forever

Edited by Pennant St Dee

Who would you prefer?

Leading teams?

Leigh Matthews?

Cameron Schwab?

Andrew Demetriou?

rpfc?

Apart from the last option, they are all questionable as a person in charge of picking a coach of a club.

Garry knows footy and he was able to come in and be a cheap consultant that knew the frustrations that we know.

You are alluding to Neeld being a failure but maybe we can't see the forest for the trees and maybe this is exactly what the club needed?

We will find out.

I'd be happy to have Gary if he came in for 3-5 years and saw his work through. Gary has only come in for 6 months and really acheived nothing. Seems we would have picked Mark Neeld anyway. As he was Malthouses right hand man.

Gary Lyon helped pick Dean Bailey and Mark Neeld as a past captain who is an outsider. He seems to have to much pull at the club just because he is in the media and was a past captain. Jason Dunstall sits in the box at tripple m with Gary and he is football director...he has been doing the job for 5 or so years.

Gary speaks a lot of big words and with lots of passion. but really he doesn't want to go through the pain with the club over the long term.

• Like 1

Guest Jackie

I'd be happy to have Gary if he came in for 3-5 years and saw his work through. Gary has only come in for 6 months and really acheived nothing. Seems we would have picked Mark Neeld anyway. As he was Malthouses right hand man.

Gary Lyon helped pick Dean Bailey and Mark Neeld as a past captain who is an outsider. He seems to have to much pull at the club just because he is in the media and was a past captain. Jason Dunstall sits in the box at tripple m with Gary and he is football director...he has been doing the job for 5 or so years.

Gary speaks a lot of big words and with lots of passion. but really he doesn't want to go through the pain with the club over the long term.

He was just Schwab's alter ego in the whole process.

Why is there so much hate for Garry Lyon here???

Jim Stynes asked Garry specifically to help him & act on his behalf.

That is what he did.

If Garry had said "No Jim i do not want to help you" would he be a better person round here???

• Like 2

That is what he did.

If Garry had said "No Jim i do not want to help you" would he be a better person round here???

Fully agree WYL

That is what he did.

Voice of reason.

New coach, new coaching panel ( which includes 2 assistants with senior experience ), new FD structure, new sponsors which is outstanding given the Energy Watch debacle and our on-field results.

FFS Get a grip.

A win ! We just need a win !!

Our recent draw has been difficult - the shocker against Brisbane was a disaster - yet games against GWS, GC, PA are on the horizon. Time to "stick fat" as the trendoids say !

• Like 1

Guest Jackie

That is what he did.

Two schools of thought here. There are those who think he has not done enough for the club and should do more.

And there are the others who think he may be part of the deeper problems going back to Schwab's first crack at CEO. Gary was also investigated by the tax department and was a benificiary of the salary cap scandal. As rjay said, perhaps not a coincidence we made the GF in 2000 after sacking Schwab and BTW Gary was no longer with us in 2000 too. If we had not lost those draft picks we may have built on 2000.

Two schools of thought here. There are those who think he has not done enough for the club and should do more.

And there are the others who think he may be part of the deeper problems going back to Schwab's first crack at CEO. Gary was also investigated by the tax department and was a benificiary of the salary cap scandal. As rjay said, perhaps not a coincidence we made the GF in 2000 after sacking Schwab and BTW Gary was no longer with us in 2000 too. If we had not lost those draft picks we may have built on 2000.

And if my aunty had.b....s She be my uncle
  • Like 2

Two schools indeed. You have made some very big calls there Jackie boy.

Garry was also an extremely talented footballer who is still involved in the game as a caller and journalist.

He was also Jim Stynes captain for a large part of his career.

I say it again. Would you have preferred it if Garry had refused to help when a very sick Jimma asked him personally?

Y or N

Guest Jackie

Two schools indeed. You have made some very big calls there Jackie boy.

Garry was also an extremely talented footballer who is still involved in the game as a caller and journalist.

He was also Jim Stynes captain for a large part of his career.

I say it again. Would you have preferred it if Garry had refused to help when a very sick Jimma asked him personally?

Y or N

All depends if Gary was his own man or was just rubber stamping Schwab's wishes. I suspect the latter.

Edited by Jackie

If he were fit I think Gary might have been pretty handy in 2000 though Jackie but the draft picks and fine were a big loss to the club, not Gary's doing. I do think the influence of too few has had a detrimental effect on the club and somtimes the loyalty Gary has given to mates has been a problem. I also don't see him as being a rubber stamp for Schwab, Gary has been strong on getting a defensive mindset into the club for a while now and may have had too narrow a focus.

Having said that he may have made some very good appointments this time around, lets hope so. Time will tell.

Guest Jackie

Garry being a rubber stamp for Schwab. Now that is a big call. Can you back this up will solid evidence?

Don't be too eager. IMO only and I do believe it.

Don't be too eager. IMO only and I do believe it.

Aah just your opinion. Right.

Don't forget G. Lyon wakes up every morning with solid back pain that was recieved whilst he Captained the MFC.

I give Garry some credit for what he does.

The CEO is a different scenario. I like Schwab but there are some unanswered questions. This is what Mike Sheahan should have written for this mornings press.

Guest Jackie

Aah just your opinion. Right.

Don't forget G. Lyon wakes up every morning with solid back pain that was recieved whilst he Captained the MFC.

I give Garry some credit for what he does.

The CEO is a different scenario. I like Schwab but there are some unanswered questions. This is what Mike Sheahan should have written for this mornings press.

Well that's what we are here for.

You raise an interesting point about MS. I wonder why the issue with CS was dodged on THE COUCH the other night in the presence of MS and Healey? CS has been alleged to be a historical cause to our current and recent woes yet never brought up. The heat was all on Neeld and why who was or was not interviewed for the job. If Neeld was the only one interviewed then this would be dereliction of due care and consideration. It seemed the board was taking the heat in this line of questioning which Gary was a part of then. I wonder what CS's role was in the appointment of Neeld?

Edited by Jackie

Guest Jackie

And assuming the ADELAIDENEWS article is credible then why was Neeld given 24 hours to take the job by CS by phone? I though this would have been a Board responsibility.

Edited by Jackie