• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Nuggets' Music Videos

Macca

I hope to put up a YouTube link here in the near future, for a song that an old band mate, his son and I have recorded just recently.

The interesting thing with the recording is that my friend (the guitarist) and his son (who until just a couple of weeks ago, had a great little band called Dying Breeds) are both living in Norwich in the UK and I am here in Sydney. They recorded the music (my friend laying down all of the guitar and bass and his son the drums and production) then sent me the mixed MP3 as a guide. I then loaded the guide track into GarageBand, put my MacBook Pro under my arm and wandered off down to a friend's studio in Ultimo and added the vocals. I then sent back an isolated vocal track and my friend's son then mixed a final version and now we just need to throw together some sort of clip using a bunch of still images.

The other thing is that the original version of this song was recorded on a four track tape in 1979 and just 500 copies pressed (very roughly I might add), some of which sold through Missing Link in Melbourne and Phantom Records in Sydney. The reason our band split at that time was that my friend the guitarist had to return to the UK due to being an illegal immigrant following the expiry of his visa. We finally made contact again just recently through Facebook and decided to redo the song... the marketing line I suppose will be "Separated by 35 years and 17,000 kilometres"

Anyway, as soon as it is finished, I will put the link here. In the meantime, here are a couple of clips of Dying Breeds (my friend's son is on guitar (Les Paul, not Stratocaster) and vocals) - hope you enjoy:

This one (Planet Me) has a pretty cheesy clip, but I like the song...

Edited by hardtack
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Couple from guitarist Jeff Beck (with Jan Hammer on Synthesizer) ... the 2nd track is actually called "Goodbye Pork Pie Hat"

Edited by Macca

• 4 months later...

• 3 weeks later...

More 80's ... 'Yes' with "Owner of a Lonely Heart" & 'The Romantics' with "Talking in your Sleep"

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Harts new song Red and Blue, could it be our alternative anthem played before games? Local talent from Hoppers Crossing who has worked with the artist formerly known as Prince. The album Daydreamer has some other great songs. Sorry no Utube.

• Like 1

Harts new song Red and Blue, could it be our alternative anthem played before games? Local talent from Hoppers Crossing who has worked with the artist formerly known as Prince. The album Daydreamer has some other great songs. Sorry no Utube.

Found it ... quite a talent ...

• Like 1

Found it ... quite a talent ...

Good get Macca. Gee no expense spared in the production of that music video! But it still works. The more I listen to him the more I think the kid is a phenomen!

Edited by Earl Hood
  • Like 1

On topic but a complete aside - stumbled across this yesterday - tram sessions - random talent jumping on trams and playing. ( to support sustainable transport and support live music)

http://www.tramsessions.com/

Imagine getting on tram and Paul Kelly lobs on behind you and starts playing.

(btw - Paul Kelly - you are a god)

On topic but a complete aside - stumbled across this yesterday - tram sessions - random talent jumping on trams and playing. ( to support sustainable transport and support live music)

http://www.tramsessions.com/

Imagine getting on tram and Paul Kelly lobs on behind you and starts playing.

(btw - Paul Kelly - you are a god)

Harts also did a tram session

http://www.tramsessions.com/sessions/harts/

• Like 1

Harts also did a tram session

http://www.tramsessions.com/sessions/harts/

Good get NB gee I would have liked to be on that tram and I often am as it looks like the Smith Street tram to me. That said it is a bit of an "unplugged session" which I have always struggled with. This kid is better heard at full electric throttle. He is a talent and he is local.

I am an electric guitar groupie I admit. Like I don't want to hear Carlos Santana playing ukulele if you know what I mean because it is waste of talent even if he transformed the whole concept, which he probably would.

Edited by Earl Hood

• 3 weeks later...

Couple from Paul Simon ... these 2 tracks are from his acclaimed album 'Graceland'

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Who the F knows exactly what's going with Phil Rudd, but I'm an unashamed Acca Dacca man from way back. This was really before my time, but in my opinion it was them at their best...rock solid, without the theatrics, plus the Demon horns on the Angus cap!!

Goes right off at about 1:08.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_efiJnALt8

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Following up on their smash hit 'Pumped up Kicks' this is is 'Foster the People's' latest single .....'Don't Stop' . Nice catchy number .

Macca 5.6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlAgHt92lqE&ob=av2n

GtB 1.0

A cover of Pumped Up Kicks

Posted mainly to show the young guitarist David Knight who you can catch playing around Melbourne. He has a bit on YouTube to check out

But, understanding that many don't dig instrumentals stuff I've stuck this one on. I also really like the voice of the girl singing. Kate Watts from NSW band The Blue Ruins

Can't figure out how to embed clips so the link will have to do unfortunately - (fixed)

Edited by Go the Biff
  • Like 2

Has anyone here discovered the Caravan Music Club in Oakleigh.

What a gem that place is !

I spend half my life there. Went and saw a Jazz night there last Wednesday - Harry Angus ( Cat Empire ) and Darcy McNulty (Clairy Browne and the Bangin Racquettes) plus Loretta Miller on vocals - a great night - they seriously didn't want to stop playing...

And now a rant.

I quite like Sia - a great voice and a great talent. I respect that she doesn't want to be recognisably famous - she doesn't tour which is ok but then she goes on the Graham Norton Show and sings with her back to the audience. If you don't want to be seen then fine but don't go on a show and disrespect the audience you [censored] jockey.

GtB 1.0

A cover of Pumped Up Kicks

Posted mainly to show the young guitarist David Knight who you can catch playing around Melbourne. He has a bit on YouTube to check out

But, understanding that many don't dig instrumentals stuff I've stuck this one on. I also really like the voice of the girl singing. Kate Watts from NSW band The Blue Ruins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppNrC07fAEQ

Can't figure out how to embed clips so the link will have to do unfortunately

Go to youtube and start playing a clip that you want to upload ... then, right click and copy and paste the address bar to here. The clip will initially just show up just as the address that you've copied but once you press "post" ... the clip should appear.

Anyway, here's one of my favs from 'Blondie' ...

Go to youtube and start playing a clip that you want to upload ... then, right click and copy and paste the address bar to here. The clip will initially just show up just as the address that you've copied but once you press "post" ... the clip should appear.

Anyway, here's one of my favs from 'Blondie' ...

Let's try. A Blondie favourite of mine (damn that girl was fine). Only recently found out it was a cover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b76TAdbEspE

"Sunday Girl" was another ripping if somewhat forgotten track of theirs

GtB 1.1

Hah. Success ! Thanks Macca. Might edit my first attempt now

Edited by Go the Biff
  • Like 1

Let's try. A Blondie favourite of mine (damn that girl was fine). Only recently found out it was a cover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b76TAdbEspE

"Sunday Girl" was another ripping if somewhat forgotten track of theirs

GtB 1.1

Hah. Success ! Thanks Macca. Might edit my first attempt now

I remember reading an article in Ram or Juke or one of those papers when Blondie first came to Australia,

When asked what her favorite things about Australia was she replied " you guys have really good smack here"

• 5 weeks later...

Time to revive the music thread... and not because I have something worthy to nominate. Quite the opposite actually... this video shows just how lame the country pop industry has become. This demonstrates a formula that any Nobel prize winning scientist would be proud to claim as his own...

Yeah, that should be a great concert NB. Shame they couldn't get the Oils to reform just for the occasion... even if only to perform Wedding Cake Island if Garrett was reticent.

How long are you in Sydney for? I'm planning on heading over to Carriageworks in Redfern to check out an installation that is a part of the Sydney Festival, called Inside There Falls. I decided I need to drag my camera out again and get snapping. Let me know if you've got teh time and the inclination to meet up... even if just for a midday coffee.