Dean Bailey to Adelaide

beelzebub

I'd hardly call a 31 goal loss as plateauing......but I think I know what you meant :)

I would....there is no coming back from a loss that big...Bails would have known by saturday evening his tenure was up before anybody had even spoken.

Bailey would return in a few years in an assistant capacity if offered....He was very careful to not burn any of his bridges in public.

Fremantle on the other hand.....

Regardless of what sort of job he did, there is no doubt that Bailey was undermined from both within the MFC football executive and publicly through Jim's anointed successor in the football media.

I cant contemplate even a half logical reason why a) he would be offered another role while any of the Board or senior executive are around. He lives with the 31 goal belting on his CV; and B) given he was treated so abysmally at the Club right up to the date of his sacking why he would accept any such role back at MFC.

His post sacking behaviour not make public criticism is a mark of character and a realisation that the AFL world is small. It was not done to grease a role back at MFC.

The comment bolded is typical of your statements that have no factual substance to them.

• Like 2

I have seldom seen such revisionism on demonland.

The way he got rid of Jnr was an excellent example of his ability.

Yours a good example. I think you will find that the Jnr sacking had Schwab and Connolly's initials all over it.

History will show him to be an unsuccessful coach. Lets ensure he is critiqued for what was actually his accountabilities.

I serious doubt the board wanted him to produce a side that got done by 186 points after a number of high margin losses.

You have taken my comments out of context old Dee.

The reference was doing the Board's duty 2008 to 2010 where he clearly tanked games, played youth to give experience.

Regardless of what sort of job he did, there is no doubt that Bailey was undermined from both within the MFC football executive and publicly through Jim's anointed successor in the football media.

I cant contemplate even a half logical reason why a) he would be offered another role while any of the Board or senior executive are around. He lives with the 31 goal belting on his CV; and B) given he was treated so abysmally at the Club right up to the date of his sacking why he would accept any such role back at MFC.

His post sacking behaviour not make public criticism is a mark of character and a realisation that the AFL world is small. It was not done to grease a role back at MFC.

The comment bolded is typical of your statements that have no factual substance to them.

Big Statement there Rhino....a 31 Goal Defeat is what it is....Who said anything about grease except you...

IMO Bails may want to come back to work at the MFC in an assistant role due to "Unfinished Business"

I know i would.

Edited by why you little

Big Statement there Rhino....a 31 Goal Defeat is what it is....Who said anything about grease except you...

Only a big statement to you WYL. The episodes of Lyon and Schwab either publicly criticising or failing to support the coach are on the public record. They also sacked Bailey over the phone and did not have the good courage or grace to tell him face to face. Astonishing, regardless of how he performed.

You made this statement "Bailey would return in a few years in an assistant capacity if offered....He was very careful to not burn any of his bridges in public."

I dont see the relevance of your highlighted comment other than to protect a future option at MFC. A bizarre objective at best in the circumstances.

IMO Bails may want to come back to work at the MFC in an assistant role due to "Unfinished Business"

I know i would.

Unfinished business?? Weird

He might be a flawed coach but he is not stupid.

Even a village idiot could work out that its well and truly over and he rightly turned his back to find better options.

Only a big statement to you WYL. The episodes of Lyon and Schwab either publicly criticising or failing to support the coach are on the public record. They also sacked Bailey over the phone and did not have the good courage or grace to tell him face to face. Astonishing, regardless of how he performed.

You made this statement "Bailey would return in a few years in an assistant capacity if offered....He was very careful to not burn any of his bridges in public."

I dont see the relevance of your highlighted comment other than to protect a future option at MFC. A bizarre objective at best in the circumstances.

Even a village idiot could work out that its well and truly over and he rightly turned his back to find better options.

I never said Bails WOULD return to the MFC....i said he may or that it would not suprise me if it happened in the future...i stand by that...

DO NOT CHANGE MY WORDING FOR YOUR LITTLE GAIN RHINO....ok

Maybe to you Rhino, but i think the man has mkore pride than that, but only time will answer the question won't it.

I never said Bails WOULD return to the MFC....i said he may or that it would not suprise me if it happened in the future...i stand by that...

DO NOT CHANGE MY WORDING FOR YOUR LITTLE GAIN RHINO....ok

Here is what you said WYL

Bailey would return in a few years in an assistant capacity if offered....He was very careful to not burn any of his bridges in public.

I dont have to change your wording at all. I dont know why your typing in CAPS. Does it hide your embarrassment?

Maybe to you Rhino, but i think the man has mkore pride than that, but only time will answer the question won't it.

I would have thought his pride coupled with even the minimum level of common sense would have him not returning to MFC at any time in the future.

I am not sure what his "unfinished business" is? He will never lead that group of players at MFC. And he receives pizz all credit as an assistant if he wins the flag.

Its a weird point of view.

Here is what you said WYL

I dont have to change your wording at all. I dont know why your typing in CAPS. Does it hide your embarrassment?

Embarrassed at you....HA HA! If you think that is a rock solid statement i made above, You can keep it, pure semantics Rhino...But you do know best....

Embarrassed at you....HA HA! If you think that is a rock solid statement i made above, You can keep it, pure semantics Rhino...But you do know best....

Lets be clear WYL. I have never accused you of making rock solid statements....quite the opposite. And you are right I do know best. I'll leave it you to work out whether a 31 goal loss is plateauing or a sharp descent. Classic stuff that.

Lets be clear WYL. I have never accused you of making rock solid statements....quite the opposite. And you are right I do know best. I'll leave it you to work out whether a 31 goal loss is plateauing or a sharp descent. Classic stuff that.

It actually depends on the result the week after as to which it is Rhino...

I wish Bailey the best

Not interested in the positives or negatives of his time at our club

Its simply pointless

Mark Neeld has the job and i am looking forward to his journey

I like what i see so far

• Like 1