• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The New Sponsors

beelzebub

Does that mean we've all but got our second sponsor .... or that they have finally decided that they'll have to go with one?

That's the million dollar question (or $2m for some).

I personally am not a believer of this "hold the announcement off" theory that some believe in. I think if you've got someone on board (signed and sealed), then announce it to the members so that the company can have access to a different customer base (similar to how it worked out for Energy Watch). The sooner it's named, the better for Club, Business/Company, and members.

I personally am not a believer of this "hold the announcement off" theory that some believe in. I think if you've got someone on board (signed and sealed), then announce it to the members so that the company can have access to a different customer base (similar to how it worked out for Energy Watch). The sooner it's named, the better for Club, Business/Company, and members.

I find it hard to believe that they could hold off on the announcement. The media is such a hungry beast I would think that ther'd be a limit on how long they could keep it under wraps.

They'd be better to quickly make the announcement rather than it have it come out in one or all of the papers prematurely.

That's the million dollar question (or $2m for some).

I find it hard to believe that they could hold off on the announcement. The media is such a hungry beast I would think that ther'd be a limit on how long they could keep it under wraps.

They'd be better to quickly make the announcement rather than it have it come out in one or all of the papers prematurely.

That's just it though. They may not have someone on board yet. Or, they may have someone interested, yet the arrangement not yet complete.

When they decide to announce it, you can be assured it will be done at a suitable time so it doesn't get lost in amongst the sports media wash.

That's just it though. They may not have someone on board yet. Or, they may have someone interested, yet the arrangement not yet complete.

When they decide to announce it, you can be assured it will be done at a suitable time so it doesn't get lost in amongst the sports media wash.

This is the bit I don't understand HT - how will it get lost in the media wash? People on here say that we shouldn't announce it during trade week, or during the week leading up the the draft, or whatever other reason they can think of. The only week I could possibly see something getting lost is Grand Final week. Other than that, the most suitable time is when the ink is still moist. Reality is, 90% of the people who care are Melbourne supporters anyway - I couldn't give a toss who sponsors the other 17 Clubs. So, if there was an article in the paper, the people tha tmatter would read it...US! There will also be that handful of d!ckheads that make online comments on the Hun website about our "pathetic club", "blah blah".

We will get a 2nd sponsor, we always do, and if we have to wait until February to seal the deal, then providing it's the massive figures people are expecting, I'll be stoked. However, if it's around the mark that I predict, and we could've had someone pre-Christmas, then it'll be a bit disappointing for things like new merchandise. Good for you Jordie_Tackles that you can wait til the NAB Cup, but what about the parents of the 6 year old that only wants a Melbourne Jumper from Santa?

I woudn't worry yet. I am hoping 2-3 companies are at present smoking each other out whilst the MFC just watches on and waits.

I woudn't worry yet. I am hoping 2-3 companies are at present smoking each other out whilst the MFC just watches on and waits.

Well I am starting to worry now and feel that our CEO has let us down. We were in diare straights last time and luckily Laurie Le Feerve re Hankook's came to our rescue(rumoured that he has had a huge fallout with Schwab and will never put in any more money till Schwab leaves)whilst also through luck and not great business noux that we gained Kaspersky) .Whilst it is now nearly Dee Day to gain another sponsor to place their logo onto the front guernsey, I am also disappointed that we will need to gain new merchandise(this also happened last time-remember the pitiful performance of New Balance).

I feel the management of the club in these instances need a huge wake up call by the Board.It is of great thanks that this situation has been camouflaged by the excellent performance of Gary Lyon re the new structure and strategy of the football department.

Well I am starting to worry now and feel that our CEO has let us down. We were in diare straights last time and luckily Laurie Le Feerve re Hankook's came to our rescue(rumoured that he has had a huge fallout with Schwab and will never put in any more money till Schwab leaves)whilst also through luck and not great business noux that we gained Kaspersky) .Whilst it is now nearly Dee Day to gain another sponsor to place their logo onto the front guernsey, I am also disappointed that we will need to gain new merchandise(this also happened last time-remember the pitiful performance of New Balance).

I feel the management of the club in these instances need a huge wake up call by the Board.It is of great thanks that this situation has been camouflaged by the excellent performance of Gary Lyon re the new structure and strategy of the football department.

It's still December 2011. Relax a bit the season doesn't kick in till march. If it takes time to sort out a major long term sponsor then so be it.

By round 1 if we still do not have one ok i will be a little more concerned. But enough of the CS bashing, do you really think he is just sitting in the office waiting for the phone to ring?

It's tough out there in the business world right now. The 2012 signs are not looking great. (GFC2) is coming, so let's not get personal.

Edited by why you little

Sure, but let's get the right one, not the first one.

While I do not disagree with your basic statement It worries me that there may not be any candidate right now.

In fact the next ( first ) one may be the only one.

Edited by old dee

While I do not disagree with your basic statement It worries me that there may not be any candidate right now.

In fact the next ( first ) one may be the only one.

Correct. There may not be a sponsor out there. Times are bloody tough, but that is no reason to put the boot into the CEO who i have no doubt is working his ring off to find the 2nd company.

Stop seeing the MFC as a glass half empty club O.D. We will find that sponsor, everything is cyclic.

Correct. There may not be a sponsor out there. Times are bloody tough, but that is no reason to put the boot into the CEO who i have no doubt is working his ring off to find the 2nd company.

Stop seeing the MFC as a glass half empty club O.D. We will find that sponsor, everything is cyclic.

The only reason I may see it as half empty wyl is because the majority of my life it has been.

I am now firmly in the camp of "believe it when it happens"

By the way I have not had a go at the CEO.

The only reason I may see it as half empty wyl is because the majority of my life it has been.

I am now firmly in the camp of "believe it when it happens"

By the way I have not had a go at the CEO.

No didn't mean you had O.D. That was in reference to the poster above. I can see your point, but even you must be impressed at how much change has been implemented since 186.

No didn't mean you had O.D. That was in reference to the poster above. I can see your point, but even you must be impressed at how much change has been implemented since 186.

I am mate but we have not played a game yet asnd at the end of the day that is all that counts.

I am however a lot happier than on the 1st August

I am mate but we have not played a game yet asnd at the end of the day that is all that counts.

I am however a lot happier than on the 1st August

"Failure requires no preparation"

Yep so far we have not played a game. But the club has certainly prepared better than i have seen before, so i cannot fault it yet. If Neeld is a gun on match day...look out

Jesus Christ just take a chill pill people. It's xmas, go and put your feet up, have a few beers and spend some time with your loved ones instead of worrying about a football club securing a 2nd major sponsor. I'm sure we'll hear more early next year...

Well said JR.

• 3 weeks later...

Still no News!

Jan 12 and counting

Chinese new year coming to a club near you !!! :unsure::)

Actually further to this and possibly subtitled "conspiracy theory"

There a re a number of things that will happen possibly all about the same time.

Chinese New Year for 2012.. Jan 23

Maybe soon after an announcement of the New Primary Co-sponsor

Announcement of Demons new captain

the start of the NAB cup.

just a theory...nothing more :)

Actually further to this and possibly subtitled "conspiracy theory"

There a re a number of things that will happen possibly all about the same time.

Chinese New Year for 2012.. Jan 23

Maybe soon after an announcement of the New Primary Co-sponsor

Announcement of Demons new captain

the start of the NAB cup.

just a theory...nothing more :)

Would be good if true

Just saw this little tidbit on the club website under the title of pre-ordering 2012 guernseys.(https://shopdesq.img...3764&OrgID=1749)

We are still finalising a deal for a second major sponsor therefore the time of delivery is still unknown but we are expecting late February.

With that in mind it surely must mean there will be a sponsor announcement prior to NAB Cup. Further to that there could be an announcement of a new sponsor as well as the captain at the same time to maximise exposure400523293.jpg

400523294.jpg

I must say i would have loved if the EnergyWatch logo had been blended in the jumper (like this years Kaspersky logo) rather than the light blue on dark blue look. Then again when you are paying $6 million over 3 years you can afford to have a say in things.