The No T$ No B$ Thread

Redleg

On 8/8/2011 at 3:42 PM, H_T said:

No. Never ever. I wonder how long this thread can hold out the 'other' thread in terms of posts and pages. I give it 7 days max.

On 8/8/2011 at 3:46 PM, old dee said:

Ht I think 4 will see us out.

LOL!!!!!

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, daisycutter said:

alas, the latter

enjoy your enlightenment

Phew. Gotta come up for air. I’m at a very  murky point in this thread. Footy-wise 2011 was depressing, but just when I thought it couldn’t possibly get any darker, the season ends and yeah, it sinks to a new low. In particular, Old Dee is ready to throw the towel in. What’s also sad is posters saying maybe 2012 is our year to win the elusive flag, not knowing it’s still 10 years away. This, sprinkled throughout with next level wtf moments, makes for interesting reading, to say the very least. 
I’ve yet to ‘meet’ Special Robert. I sincerely hope he brings some cheer. 
OK, ima dive back in. If nobody hears from me before the end of the day, please send a search party. 😁

Edited by WalkingCivilWar
  • Haha 1

Has anyone made this nomination yet?...

Current AFLW Rising Star and Goal Of The Year nominee A.Bannan for Figurehead of the good ship No T$ No B$ ?

Edit: If that seems a bit sexist, Commodore?

Edited by Timothy Reddan-A'Blew
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Timothy Reddan-A'Blew said:

Has anyone made this nomination yet?...

Current AFLW Rising Star and Goal Of The Year nominee A.Bannan for Figurehead of the good ship No T$ No B$ ?

Edit: If that seems a bit sexist, Commodore?

Wouldn't worry me, from up on the bridge.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Wouldn't worry me, from up on the bridge.

Just realised that might have looked like me asking you if it was sexist, Commodore! It was meant to be a nomination of AB to that less-gendered position but I should have realised you have it (and several others, no doubt?) wrapped up, Commodore. Is Vice-Commodore vacant?

Can someone tell me what this Sheilas playing cricket for The Ashes is all about? 

When I played cricket the Sheilas used to bring afternoon tea. Nice stuff too - jelly slices and quarter cut sangos............. and of course, they were there for the after game desert!  ( after a jolly good booze up )

Arrrrh the good old days. Why change a perfect system?

Calling @dieter ! 

Hey Skinny, I know you're a Brocken down hack fast bowler, so that makes you an authority.

See my above post and tell me your view on Shielas playing cricket.

I would also ask @Biffen  who claimed to be a batsman of some note but he's usually under the influence of drugs, so any reply is questionable.

22 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Calling @dieter ! 

Hey Skinny, I know you're a Brocken down hack fast bowler, so that makes you an authority.

See my above post and tell me your view on Shielas playing cricket.

I would also ask @Biffen  who claimed to be a batsman of some note but he's usually under the influence of drugs, so any reply is questionable.

A few facts first: I was the opening bowler, and opening batsman. I was not only the greatest living German cricketer, I was also one of the fastest bowlers on the planet. One batsman I bowled a bouncer to turned to the wicket keeper and said, Shivers, I heard that whistle...At the House of Ill Fame named after a prominent pastoralist whose first name was Rupert, I won the bowling Average one year, the All Rounder trophy the next and would have won the batting average the last year had not the captain run me out for 52 in my last innings.

As for afternoon teas and scones and jellies, what I know for sure is that during the tea break in a Sub District match against Balwyn - I was playing for Sunshine - I helped myself to a scone from the visitor's table and only discovered a bee had attached itself after it stung my cheek. I have had no time for afternoon tea breaks since.

As for the capacity of women to to play cricket, I admit I wouldn't know because I never ever watch it. I'm way too busy writing great litracha.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Can someone tell me what this Sheilas playing cricket for The Ashes is all about? 

When I played cricket the Sheilas used to bring afternoon tea. Nice stuff too - jelly slices and quarter cut sangos............. and of course, they were there for the after game desert!  ( after a jolly good booze up )

Arrrrh the good old days. Why change a perfect system?

Oh uncle, you really ought to learn to walk upright. I can see the scrape-marks on your knuckles from here. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, dieter said:

I won the bowling Average one year, the All Rounder trophy the next and would have won the batting average the last year had not the captain run me out for 52 in my last innings.

Regarding cricket you’ve won quite a lot, dieter.

I have never played cricket yet I won something that (with the utmost respect) kicks all your winning’s [censored]. I won ‘Classic Catches’ a few years ago and a year’s supply of KFC is pretty hard to beat! 🥳
The prize also included $2000, but that’s not nearly as exciting. 

Edited by WalkingCivilWar
Forgot to gloat about winning $2000 😝
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I have never played cricket yet I won something that (with the utmost respect) kicks all your winning’s [censored]. I won ‘Classic Catches’ a few years ago and a year’s supply of KFC is pretty hard to beat! 🥳

You win. Bingo!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

There MUST be a video record, surely!

Oh, you correctly nominated the winning catch by someone else.

Not nearly so intriguing...

1 minute ago, Timothy Reddan-A'Blew said:

There MUST be a video record, surely!

Oh, you correctly nominated the winning catch by someone else.

Not nearly so intriguing...

Geez Tim, sorry to disappoint. 🙃 Anyways, what an astounding feat that would’ve been, to have taken a prize-winning catch when I’ve never played cricket.  🤔

• Like 2

On 1/20/2022 at 4:04 PM, WalkingCivilWar said:

Phew. Gotta come up for air. I’m at a very  murky point in this thread. Footy-wise 2011 was depressing, but just when I thought it couldn’t possibly get any darker, the season ends and yeah, it sinks to a new low. In particular, Old Dee is ready to throw the towel in. What’s also sad is posters saying maybe 2012 is our year to win the elusive flag, not knowing it’s still 10 years away. This, sprinkled throughout with next level wtf moments, makes for interesting reading, to say the very least. 
I’ve yet to ‘meet’ Special Robert. I sincerely hope he brings some cheer. 
OK, ima dive back in. If nobody hears from me before the end of the day, please send a search party. 😁

We see you've managed to come up for the air of various other threads, so we assume you to be OK.

But when you're back in this briny on your Special Hunt, could you also keep an eye out for The Origin of the Bananas, please.

9 minutes ago, Timothy Reddan-A'Blew said:

We see you've managed to come up for the air of various other threads, so we assume you to be OK.

But when you're back in this briny on your Special Hunt, could you also keep an eye out for The Origin of the Bananas, please.

Define ‘OK’  
Just because I appear to be alive and well, doesn’t necessarily mean I’m not mentally scarred beyond reparation. 🤪

I’m only up to page 33 and the bananas discussion has only just taken off. But I tell you what, Tim… this thread should be made compulsory reading for students of advanced psychiatry. Seriously. 

2 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I’m only up to page 33 and the bananas discussion has only just taken off. But I tell you what, Tim… this thread should be made compulsory reading for students of advanced psychiatry. Seriously. 

I was saying exactly that to Dr. Sigmund Freud, only the other day.

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Define ‘OK’  
Just because I appear to be alive and well, doesn’t necessarily mean I’m not mentally scarred beyond reparation. 🤪

Give my regards to 57 and 64 on the way through (in fact the 50s and early 60s generally I hope are rewarding for you!)

And be sure to post your consulting hours when you finish, Doctor.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Redleg said:

I was saying exactly that to Dr. Sigmund Freud, only the other day.

He could learn a thing or two from this thread. I hope you told him that. 

15 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

He could learn a thing or two from this thread. I hope you told him that. 

I think the Commodore may have dreamt it?

Over to you to interpret, WCW.

• Thinking 1

13 hours ago, Timothy Reddan-A'Blew said:

I think the Commodore may have dreamt it?

Over to you to interpret, WCW.

When first I read this I had no idea what it could mean. 
Having thought about it, I still have no idea. 

12 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

When first I read this I had no idea what it could mean. 
Having thought about it, I still have no idea. 

Sorry about that, Chief. 'Obtuse' is becoming my middle name?

Commodore = @Redleg(refer my earlier (obtuse) posts)

I was proposing he dreamt his encounter with S.Freud.

S.Freud wrote on the interpretation of dreams.

I was proposing that, in wading through this thread, you would have earned a doctorate in the advanced psychology you suggested was needed to do so.

I thus threw it to you to interpret Redleg's dream.

See, that wasn't so hard!😉

Was it?😮