The No T$ No B$ Thread

Redleg

24 minutes ago, Earl Hood said:

Welcome aboard Bossdog for our big adventure, unfortunately I am sensing some reticence from other DLanders. I am surprised at the lack of risk takers amongst us all. 

This might mean we will struggle for numbers. I need a minimum tour group to cover the cost of the conversion of the armoured personnel carrier that will carry up to 12 Dlanders in comfort and safety across the Middle East and then there is the added costs of the armoured tank and support convoy. And I have negotiated the absolute lowest bargain prices for air cover from the Russian airforce to ensure our safety across the Syrian leg of our epic journey. I will be in touch.

Earl, you are truly a 21st century Knight Templar, sworn to protect pilgrims in and around the Middle East whilst looking for a chance to make a quick buck or six. Don't forget the sideline in guava paste and Cuban cigars. I think I will pass on the offer, but will be a keen viewer of the relevant Youtube channel (before it gets syndicated on Stan or something). 

29 minutes ago, Earl Hood said:

Welcome aboard Bossdog for our big adventure, unfortunately I am sensing some reticence from other DLanders. I am surprised at the lack of risk takers amongst us all. 

This might mean we will struggle for numbers. I need a minimum tour group to cover the cost of the conversion of the armoured personnel carrier that will carry up to 12 Dlanders in comfort and safety across the Middle East and then there is the added costs of the armoured tank and support convoy. And I have negotiated the absolute lowest bargain prices for air cover from the Russian airforce to ensure our safety across the Syrian leg of our epic journey. I will be in touch.

for tax deduction purposes i suggest you call it a 457 reconnaissance and refugee evaluation trip. we might even get a grant if bill shortcomings is triumphant. and i presume conchita mkx will also be coming along to provide er maidenly services? my expertise on egyptology and graeco-roman settlements in turkey should come in handy.

Edited by daisycutter
  • Like 2

May I humbly suggest gentlemen that the Channel 9 60 minutes team so recently prominent in Lebanon be engaged as backup. Just in case a geriatric recovery snatch is required.

• Like 4

On 5 May 2016 at 11:22 PM, Tilbrooktorpedo said:

May I humbly suggest gentlemen that the Channel 9 60 minutes team so recently prominent in Lebanon be engaged as backup. Just in case a geriatric recovery snatch is required.

"Are there any (old) women here today?" said the Roman/Jewish character played by John Cleese, reading out the sentence at the stoning. 

8 hours ago, bjDee said:

"Are there any (old) women here today?" said the Roman / Jewish character played by John Cleese, reading out the sentence at the stoning. 

which reminds me. we should make sure we take a good supply of aussie yonnies with us

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daisycutter said:

and now for something completely different......http://videosift.com/video/British-Reporter-Loses-His-[censored]-And-Reports-The-NEWS

very funny......and yeah, i know it was a setup....nevertheless...

Mr Walker is very funny :)

12 hours ago, old dee said:

Ernest I have always considered you to a man of vision and wisdom and I see nothing in the above to change that opinion.

so who wins Saturday?

And I have always considered you to be a person of utmost decency and consideration OD. As far as footy picks, you can go for careful analytical consideration, hunch or plain guesswork. I go for the latter plus a dash of bitters (hope). That being the case I go for the Dees in a close one. If i go for careful analytical consideration, I see our glaring weaknesses helpfully pointed out by many demonlanders and i start to get very nervous. So I guess you can say heart over head which is probably appropriate because footy is all about passion.

Have a great trip to SEA with Mrs O. I never asked but is she a Demon? 

3 hours ago, hemingway said:

And I have always considered you to be a person of utmost decency and consideration OD. As far as footy picks, you can go for careful analytical consideration, hunch or plain guesswork. I go for the latter plus a dash of bitters (hope). That being the case I go for the Dees in a close one. If i go for careful analytical consideration, I see our glaring weaknesses helpfully pointed out by many demonlanders and i start to get very nervous. So I guess you can say heart over head which is probably appropriate because footy is all about passion.

Have a great trip to SEA with Mrs O. I never asked but is she a Demon? 

Thank you Ernest and sadly no,  now wait your it.

She is a Pie!

Just now, old dee said:

Thank you Ernest and sadly no,  now wait your it.

She is a Pie!

Understand completely, so is my beloved current wife. Surprisingly, she is someone of beauty, intelligence, virtue and morals, unless of course the Pie's are playing and her normal self evaporates and she transforms into a rabid one eyed Pie. 

• Like 2

If you gents really want a walk on the wild side, I hear Mexico and Columbia are good places to go. Great coffee in Columbia and amazing cuisine in Mexico. Beware of overly friendly locals who want to offer you a lift somewhere or give you gifts to take home to remember your trip by.

Come to think of it, the phrase 'walk on the wild side' perfectly describes our Uncle Bitter!

A while since I've looked in on this thread. How on EARTH did it become a FOOTBALL thread - AND in real time!?

Aghast I am!

• Like 1

...And by the way, are its regulars jockeying to become the 20,000th poster, shuffling in the queue to win the choccies?

And will it be on the nice round 800th page?

Place your bets, ladies and gentlemen (and posters)

38 minutes ago, Timothy Reddan-A'Blew said:

A while since I've looked in on this thread. How on EARTH did it become a FOOTBALL thread - AND in real time!?

Aghast I am!

Yes, I'm not sure who snuck the footy in here :unsure:

21 hours ago, daisycutter said:

for tax deduction purposes i suggest you call it a 457 reconnaissance and refugee evaluation trip. we might even get a grant if bill shortcomings is triumphant. and i presume conchita mkx will also be coming along to provide er maidenly services? my expertise on egyptology and graeco-roman settlements in turkey should come in handy.

Welcome aboard DC your detailed knowledge of ancient history will be invaluable on our tour as you will be able to describe all the ancient sites that we won't be stopping at. We can only travel at night, will be avoiding towns and bunkering down during the day under camouflage. This is when you can do you lectures on Byzantine art and Assyrian architecture. 

13 minutes ago, Earl Hood said:

Welcome aboard DC your detailed knowledge of ancient history will be invaluable on our tour as you will be able to describe all the ancient sites that we won't be stopping at. We can only travel at night, will be avoiding towns and bunkering down during the day under camouflage. This is when you can do you lectures on Byzantine art and Assyrian architecture. 

and not forgetting roman graffiti and brothel art

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Timothy Reddan-A'Blew said:

Aghast I am!

to understand that you simply need to read the entire thread.....

• Like 1

On 28 April 2016 at 10:55 AM, Maple Demon said:

Poor soul...you had to drink Bud. At least they could have served sime decent Canadian beer, not that American flavoured water.

I'm afraid Bud was as good as one can get Maple. Maybe the choices would have been better from business class but beggars can't be choosers.

My biggest concern is, how do these travel companies determine that say, Bud, is a better brew than Coopers et al  when it clearly isn't. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say or in this case the "beerdrinker"

Edited by Rusty Nails

19 hours ago, Timothy Reddan-A'Blew said:

...And by the way, are its regulars jockeying to become the 20,000th poster, shuffling in the queue to win the choccies?

And will it be on the nice round 800th page?

Place your bets, ladies and gentlemen (and posters)

No, the regulars here are not lovers of the meaningless stat. They just enjoy the highbrow discussion, on an intellectual level, not attained on other threads, where the posters just attack each other for their views. The respect and admiration shown to other posters on this thread, should be seen as the hallmark of Demonland, which we all know it is.

Those that criticise this thread, can go back to their name calling and fighting on the other threads, where it is rife.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this is what you meant Mr Leg, but I wasn't meaning to criticise the thread. It was just my ham-fisted way of pointing out the huge milestones that were approaching (and, I guess, the human nature that kicks in when milestone opportunities present themselves!) Nothing but respect (and fascination!) for the threadies here.